Cover Image: To Die For

To Die For

This book was a page turner for me. It kept me Guessing until the very end. I really liked it. I would recommend it to everybody.

I stumbled across Lisa Gray by accident a few years ago & I’m SO happy that I did. I really enjoy her writing style and ability to connect with characters. This one was a little different than what I anticipated, but was pleasantly surprised. A quick and easy read. Would recommend to a friend!

This thriller was such a creative storyline - I haven't read anything quite like it before. The characters were well written with some I loved and some I hated even without my thoughts on who the murderer was.

A thriller set in the competitive world of real estate agents. The story is told from the point of view of all six agents,so it gets complicated.

This is such a brilliant psychological thriller! Thrillers are my favourite genre and this book surpassed all expectations. I enjoyed the plot and the characters came out beautifully.

The suspense of knowing who was murdered, how it happened, and how everyone was involved was great. There were a lot characters and I had to refresh my memory as I went on who was who and what role they had played. A good book though!

I LOVED this book! I am surprised how much I loved it! It’s about a group of realtors all vying to sell a listing that would make them a huge pay day. It gets cuttroat and there’s so end to what they will do for that money.
Definitely recommend!!

This book is everything you hope for when you read the title and synopsis.
The author delivers exactly what is promised!
Well done!
I enjoyed it and found myself wishing it will be brought to film in some way.
A fun, immersive read without having to commit too much brain power to get through it! But still so satisfying.
Thankyou to author Lisa Gray, Netgalley and Thomas & Mercer for the opportunity to read this book ahead of publication date.
Charlene @lastnownext 📚🌸🤗

This was my first Lisa Grey book and it definitely won’t be my last. Her style of writing feels so fresh and fun.

I was sucked into To Die For right off the bat. Sometimes reading about rich people and how messed how they can be just hits the spot. 😂

I finished this book in one day, couldn’t put it down

Thank you to NetGalley and Thomas & Mercer for my ARC in exchange for my honest review.

I wasn't able to download this in time, but managed to pick up a copy later on.

I loved the pacing of this, and that it still had a satisfying conclusion without feeling rushed or overly drawn out. The way that the cast of characters tell the story is really interesting and I actually quite liked the way the story was told. I know that multiple POVs and timeline changing is a divisive style, so please be mindful that this might not be for you if you don't like that. Some characters seemed weaker than others, but that was expected.

Overall, enjoyable.

I really enjoyed this book. As a big fan of shows like Selling Sunset - the world this story was set in was perfect for me! The mystery kept me hooked and I could really envision the lifestyle of all!

Full disclosure. I am the author of this book and I am simply leaving a review in order to maintain my NetGalley review average.

With a $50 million Malibu beach house for sale and the potential for $1 million in commission, five real estate agents were vying to represent the buyer. All had reasons for wanting or needing the money, each one of them hiding secrets. But in the midst of this high stakes competition, a body was discovered in the pool during the brokers' open.

The premise captured my attention as it sounded similar to Million Dollar Listing but with murder. Unfortunately, it was poorly executed, causing my excitement to end there. I was so incredibly bored even through the glitz and glamour and I struggled with the writing style which seemed rather simplistic. Everything was 'he said, she said' and 'then this happened.' The plot slogged along at a snail's pace with nothing really happening. It often felt repetitive with six alternating points of view told in the third person. It wasn't confusing to follow but I couldn't immerse myself in the story. Not one single character was worth investing in and I honestly didn't care what happened to them. I wouldn't even call this a thriller since there was no feeling of anticipation or buildup. There wasn't even any sense of atmosphere. This could have taken place in any exclusive beach town and the excessive street and city name dropping didn't convince me it was set in Malibu. Ultimately, this book failed to meet my expectations and was just a complete disappointment that I would not recommend to thriller fans. DNF at 31%.

* Special thanks to Amazon Publishing UK / Thomas & Mercer and NetGalley for the opportunity to read and review this ARC. All thoughts and opinions expressed are my own. Available August 1, 2023. *

I did not finish this one, it was not for me, I couldn't relate to the characters, and just did not care for the story.

As with many books lately, I took one look at the cover of To Die For by Lisa Gray and knew I had to read it. Never mind I also loved the title and the tagline, because let's be real, I think some of us would do some crazy things for a million bucks. This was a jaw-dropping, fast-paced ride that I finished in 1 day because I had to know whodunnit and how all these characters would tie together. There were quite a few to keep track of and at first, I did find myself struggling a bit to remember who was who, but once I caught on I really enjoyed the various viewpoints. This story is filled with never-ending drama and loads and loads of secrets that will finally all be known to the reader. Basically, the only person with nothing to hide was Detective Aribo, and while I feel like this made him one of the least 'interesting' characters, I still loved him.

And speaking of things to die for (see what I did there?) the audiobook has a full cast of narrators and Eva Kaminsky, Samara Naeymi, Andrew Eiden, Michael Crouch, JD Jackson, David de Vries, & Susan Dalian all blew my mind with how excellent their narration was. There wasn't a single one that I thought didn't fit their character or offer something to the story. Needless to say, but I'm gonna say it anyway, I highly recommend the audio of To Die For as the preferred reading method. I also think this is a wonderful book to go into as blindly as possible, and I do not regret not looking at the synopsis beforehand. Gray's writing really sucks a person in, and I immediately put her entire backlist on hold at the library. Last words from me to you are to read this book, you will not regret it!

SELLING SUNSET but make it murder. I really enjoyed this book. It was a quick read and the characters motivations kept me reading. The real selling point of this book is the setting of a Real Estate agency in LA. It was so much fun

An excellent tale written from the viewpoint of the various protagonists most of whom are real estate agents involved in the potential sale of a fifty million dollar property and the levels of skulduggery which they will go to to clinch the sale. We also have the story from the perspective of the police officers dealing with the incident at the priory sting which the story revolves.

As the story evolves we learn a little more about the backstory of each of these persons with the chapters relating to one person at a time and either before or after the main event at the property for sale so paying attention to each of the parties involved is a must if the reader doesn't want to become confused..

There is a very neat ending which ties up the plot threads nicely and doesn't require a stretch of the imagination.

This was a very well thought out and written thriller and I would recommend it to any readers of the crime/thriller genre.

Thanks to the author, publisher and NetGalley for my advance copy for review.

What happens when you mix a bunch of toxic real estate agents together in one office and then tell them they have a chance at a million dollar commission - the only obstacle being the other agents in the office? It’s going to end badly. And in this story it does; in fact, it ends in murder. But who is dead, and who did it? This highly suspenseful story reveals the details piece by piece and adds a few twists into the mix.

I enjoyed this book - it’s an enjoyable high-stakes office thriller. Each of the five agents has a really pressing issue in their personal lives that makes them absolutely need the million-dollar commission from this listing, so they begin to get personal. And since each of them is hiding something, there’s something for them to lose, and lose big time. And as the clock winds down toward sale time, things get more intense.

Andi Hart is the main character, and her story is the most compelling and complex. There’s some good twists and turns to it that I would not have guessed.

And the resolution was pretty good, too. It was both unexpected and realistic, once you put the pieces together. And of course, there’s a little surprise in there too, so make sure to read until the end.

Overall, this is a great workplace thriller, that I highly recommend for someone looking for a classic whodunnit.

A fun read with lots of interesting characters. The unexpected twist at the end was particularly satisfying. An enjoyable read for sure!

To Die For y Lisa Gray takes place in California, Malibu to be exact. Andi Hart is a real estate agent, a good one according to her boss. When a Malibu beach house comes on the market with a prize commission of $1 million to one lucky agent, the already saturated market becomes even more cutthroat. There are five agents all after the same thing, and all five are willing lie, cheat and steal to make this commission. When a dead boy is found by the pool at the open house, could one of them have murdered just to get ahead? Once the secrets of the colleagues begin to spill, the sale can be anyone’s, or so they think.

The story of the $50 million beach house is told between six points of you, as well as before and after. Try to keep up, it’s a little difficult but well worth it. Andi Hart is a like-able person, she is going to find someone to buy this house and not do it by cheating her colleagues. Now her colleagues, that’s a different story. They are all hiding something, honestly so is Andi, but she doesn’t let it interfere with her sales. There are so many twists and turns you will definitely keep engaged. Even the dead person is a mystery until the very end, well done! Just when you think you have it figured out, you won’t, so just enjoy the burn.

I really liked this one! I have been waiting to read something by Lisa Gray and boy was it worth the wait! Looking forward to more from this author. I would like to thank Netgalley, Thomas & Mercer Publishing and Lisa Gray for an advanced reader copy of this book in exchange for an honest opinion.