Cover Image: Language That Leads

Language That Leads

Language That Leads is a great book for leaders who want to improve their communication skills. It covers a wide range of topics, from reading micro expressions to understanding body language to developing emotional intelligence. The book is well-written and easy to understand, and it provides practical tips that leaders can use to become more effective communicators.
Language That Leads is a great book for new leaders or anyone hoping to become a leader. Readers learn what skills (Outer Skills, Inner Skills, and Growth Skills) a leader needs and Wezowski offers practical lists of behaviors and attitudes that demonstrate leadership with each skill discussed. Most interesting is learning how micro expressions and using a technique called BLINK can help gauge how people are feeling, especially since words and actions are not mutually exclusive. You may recognize all the skills Wezowski lays out in the table of contents but you'll want to read on to learn why they're important, how to nurture them in yourself, and how to determine how much others have the qualities needed to lead in the 21st century.

Thanks to HarperCollins Leadership for a copy via NetGalley.
Good stuff. I would not call this a must read, but there is some solid approaches here. There's a lot of focus on body language here, so there's not a lot new. But still useful.

I really appreciate the free copy for review!!
The book focuses on outer skills, inner skills and growth skills that each leader should embody in their behavior and lifestyle in order to thrive in the modern environment. The book walks you through several traits vitally important for a leader such as adaptability, empathy, courage, engagement, positivity and others with the aim to help in development and growth of these trait s in yourself, communicating and projecting these traits and finding them in others. This is the way to new leadership style that emphasizes the interplay of the leaders and the whole team.
This book was a quick and interesting read.  I lead a team of 40 and we often have conversations about how important it is to communicate and the best ways to do that is always one of the most important parts of the conversation.  I would recommend this book as a good way to gain some advice and strategies about communication.
Great books for leaders and anyone looking to improve their communication skills at work. It focuses on cultivating the necessary skills for improving adaptability, transparency, and empathy in the work place. A lot of the tips and information in this book is helpful for the home as well.
Thank you, HarperCollins Leadership, for the advance reading copy.

The book is a must read regarding communication and how it can be done with the best possible strategies.

There are three main sections on this aspect. The first section lists out the essential outer skills, the second part includes the basic inner skills and the final section focuses on the three most important growth skills.

I have gained so much from this book as I am a team leader myself at my work place and I am always looking out for books on leadership which would focus on the best communication skills. This book has effortlessly climbed to the top list for me. A must read recommendation on the topic.