Cover Image: You or Someone Like You

You or Someone Like You

You or Someone Like You
By Winter Renshaw
Main Characters: Roman and Sloane and Margaux
I voluntarily and honestly reviewed this book without bias or persuasion from the author.
4 out of 5 stars
This is a contemporary romance but It didn't resonate as well for me as other of Winter's stories. I loved Roman's character and his love for his daughters and late wife. This was an emotional book, and I highly recommend it and all of Winter's books.

I couldn’t help falling in love with Roman and Sloane!
I was immediately pulled in by Margaux demanding her identical twin sister, Sloane to go on her date with her boss’ nephew to help her get the promotion at work with the strict rule to be boring so it would be one date and done. Well the best laid plans seem to work as Roman has no interest in the date either since his beloved wife past and he became a single parent. Yet fate pulls at your heart strings when Roman and Sloane meet up on their respective walks and it’s almost as if Roman’s deceased wife is giving him a sign from above. What follows is the unexpected when they meet up again and the electricity between them is through the roof. Sloane tries to push Roman off, yet Margaux’s intervention to continue the duplicity becomes all kinds of wrong. Will Sloane stand up to her sister before everything tumbles down? You have to read to find out!

Winter Renshaw gets me every time.
This book was so good. Immediately I loved both Roman and Sloane and together they were even better.
Secrets stress me out in stories but made it through and enjoyed the book so much! A great time all around. I would’ve read it in one sitting if I didn’t have responsibilities, but I did read it in less than 24 hours!

Switched - a mixed up love story

Has a twin switch up ever gone smoothly? Not being a twin myself I can't answer this but realistically how could you think it would? Of course in Winter's world this is one of those meet cute situations with a twist and for that reason it was a fabulous read. The widowed father and the manipulated twin doing a favour brings an interesting charm when they let their walls down but not without moments of frustration (on my part) when things go sideways. Winter brings another broken and bruised couple together, and I'm all for it. Likeable characters who you once again are rooting for with some heat to keep it interesting.
Thanks Netgalley for the chance to read this book and give my honest opinion.

I enjoy twin swap stories, but with certain caveats. I need them to be "themselves" with the person they are involved with and I don't want crossover scenes where the wrong twin is involved...if that makes sense.

Roman and Sloane (Margeaux to him) were an emotional read and the book met the main points for a twin swap romance in that the scenes with Roman are all with Sloane (pretending to be Margeaux) with pretty much no overlap of him spending time with Margeaux.

I believed the romance between Roman and Sloane was real. And I believed in their connection with one another, I think because it was one that neither of them were looking for or wanted to find so the growth of their relationship felt organic.

I would have liked to have had more time with them together as a couple, but at the Dane time I believed in them so it worked. There was one thing that I actually didn't see coming at all which was a delightful surprise which I won't spoil here.

I enjoyed and recommend this title.

This book is another great read by this author, where she keeps us turning the pages to see what happens. We start with twin sisters and one needing the other's help. When Sloan agrees to go on Margaux's date with Roman she had no idea just how much they would click and now what to do as he thinks she is her sister. Roman is a father of two and still grieving his wife, but there is something about Sloan, aka Margaux, that he thinks maybe they have crossed paths for a reason.

This is a slow burn to romance with great characters and a great story. Art is the common bond for our couple as well as their attraction to each other. I really enjoyed this book and recommend it.

I've read other novels by Ms. Renshaw but I have to say this is my absolute favorite of all her books and because of it, she's become a one-click author for me. This is a stunningly emotional read so beware and strap yourself in for a rollercoaster of emotions. She created real, raw characters in Roman and Sloane that left me breathless with anticipation and hope and faith for a better tomorrow. Every single word in this book was brilliantly written and brought out every possible feeling and emotion for me. Heartwarming, heartbreaking and inspirational -- this is a 10+ star book that I urge you to read! And after you read it, I suggest you read her notes at the end of the book -- I think it quite possibly made the entire experience even better (if that's even possible!) I'm so very grateful to have been given the opportunity to read and review an advance copy of this book through NetGalley.

I received a copy from NetGalley; this is my honest review.
-Roller-coaster ride of emotions all through. Fast-paced. Heart-wrenching moments - Renshaw's signature. Someone called her the queen of angst and it's so fitting. By 83% I'm crying floods of tears. I did calm down by the end.
-Switching twins is the same as putting a bet someone will kiss you first (or that sort of thing). You know, by the end of it, someone will get hurt badly. I still think THE conversation should have been had before going into the bedroom.
-It took her heartbroken nephew for Theodora to realize what harm she did. It never occurred to her how people would see her invitation to a first date with him. All through the book I was asking myself how that could be legal.
-The relationship between Sloane and Roman is tedious at first, then it floats after they started talking and found each other. The drama is believable and I cried a lot. I think the waves changed after they went to visit Halcyon's studio; Sloane was no longer Margaux.
-Margaux never realized how much her sister Sloane was putting forth by going out with Roman, even after she knew Roman had got her sacked. And how it that Sloane's fault? Wouldn't it be the other person who didn't tell anyone the painting was sold?
-I loved the little girls, Roman, even Theodora as the dotting great-aunt but not as the owner of a business, Sloane - definitely. Margaux, on the other hand, is, as her sister says, "the most selfish human being on the planet".

What a fun story! Sloane decides to help her twin sister Margaux out & fill in on a date with Roman...only Roman doesn't know. Sloane would never do this normally & can't stand Roman since he fired her from her dream job several years ago. What Sloane doesn't realize is that Roman & her have a lot in common with their love of art. They even like the same artist that hardly anyone knows about. When one date leads to another date & so on, what is Sloane going to do? Roman still has no clue that he isn't going out with Margaux. Does Sloane tell him & risk the connection? Roman has been letting his guard down & they get along so good. Winter Renshaw does such a good job writing rom-com. This book was just what I needed!

4.5 stars! Realistic!

You Or Someone Like You is a contemporary romance with Winter Renshaw's mark all over the place, adult, realistic, vicariously addicting with a strike of kismet!
It's those kind of stories that could happen to anyone, at any time in any place.
It's also proof how a simple concept turns out to be a great story, so characteristic from Renshaw.

Roman and Sloane's relationship started as a covert operation, a little trick to help someone else, an admiration that broke misconceptions, a comprehension that explained it all.

From different worlds, you might consider that, but with similar passions, our characters were true to themselves, even though Sloane, acting as somebody else, was always genuine in what mattered the most, her emotions, her knowledge and love for art, her infatuation with Roman. He was a closed heart, fed by tragedy and loss, the responsability of single parenthood, the uncertainity of what he was doing not being enough.
Even in an arranged date that went pretty awkward, they made an impression that was to last and nobody even knew it.

The narrative flowed to the pace of the events and the way they got to know each other, and even as a slow burn, it was never boring or stilted.
With a great dose of internal conflict by both, but different preocupations, doubts and qualms and some interesting appointments of fate, Roman and Sloane found each other because it was really meant to be!
Lessons were learned, lives adjusted, souls connected and HEAs happened.
It was a journey of patience, understanding and opportunity to love....completely....again!

***ARC gently provided by NetGalley***

A grieving billionaire, single father, widow not open to romance and a twin forced to take her sisters place on a date she isn’t interested in so her sister can secure a promotion. A disastrous first date with a surprise common ground found at the last minute leads to a friendship and the potential for more.

It was a realistic straightforward story showing the progression of grief with a hint of what selfish actions of others can result in.

Margoux looking for promotion feels she has to date her employers nephew however a bout of sickness has her roping in her twin sister Sloane to take her place. Sloane is given the direction to be boring so there is no second date. Sloane and Roman are both interested in Art and at the end of the very awkward date he notices her keyring which sparks his interest as it’s a limited edition piece of art.

Roman invites Sloane who he thinks is margoux to see the artists private collection and their friendship grows from that point with both of them starting to develop feelings. The deception is discovered and Margaux, Sloane and Roman all suffer for it however this was quite well written and realistic.

When Margaux Sheridan asks her identical twin sister, Sloane, to go on a date in her place, she has no idea of what has been set in motion. Margaux’s boss is trying to fix her up with her nephew and she fears if things go bad, so will her promotion. Sloane agrees to go on the date, just this once with Roman Bellisario, a wealthy widower and art collector who is still grieving the loss of his wife. Their date does not go well and Sloane is relieved until Roman believes that he owes her another dinner and discovers her love of art. Over the next few weeks, Roman begins to enjoy the time spent with Sloane, still not aware that she is not Margaux. Sloane is attracted to Roman and is feeling the guilt of lying to him and is determined to tell him the truth. Roman’s feelings when learning of the ruse is so well worth the read. I so enjoyed the interaction between Sloane and Roman and Roman and his two young daughters. I received an advance review copy at no cost and without obligation for an honest review. (paytonpuppy)

When I read the blurb for this story I wasn't sure what I would think but it was very well written and I loved it! I was absolutely hooked on this story and these characters. Loved it!

You or Someone Like You by Winter Renshaw is a contemporary romance that will leave you with a smile from ear to ear after reading about Sloane and Roman. This twin swap read is one where these characters slowly build their relationship and develop their feelings so when the truth comes out, the emotions are high. I loved how we were along for the ride with these two as they learn about each other and realize that maybe there is something more. Sloane is the calm, art loving twin that 'speaks' to Roman's hidden side and begins to bring him out of his shell. I found that this read was enjoyable and so fun and delightful and now cannot wait for another Winter Renshaw read.

Bonne romance, tendre
Ce récit est plus léger que certains de cette autrice : Sloane remplace sa sœur jumelle Margaux lors d’un rendez-vous avec Roman. Elle sait qu’elle le connait déjà mais lui ne la reconnais pas. Entre rancune du passé, deuil, leur histoire est compliquée. Le seul point négatif pour moi a été le temps pris pour Sloane pour révéler la supercherie.
Les sentiments sont bien décrits pour transmettre les émotions et leurs évolutions dans la relation, malgré un début assez froid entre Sloane et Roman.

Winter did it again with another fantastic story. So beautifully told and thought out. I loved every single thing about this story.

I was completely drawn into this contemporary love story. Sloane lives with her twin sister Margaux, a self-involved corporate climber. When Sloane agrees to cover for Margaux on a blind date, it sets in motion a myriad of events, some good, some not. Sloane and her reluctant date, the recently widowed Roman Bellisario, have more in common than either of them expect, and more than Sloane can reveal. There is a tiny thread between them, coincidences, perhaps otherworldly intervention. I loved watching them uncover more about each other, their joy and growing love. The author did a wonderful job of creating a cast of characters, each with their own issues and secrets, and a sense of hope for the future.

Thank you to Montlake and NetGalley for the review copy.

There are always signs and coincidences in life and romance, if we’d only pay attention. Sloane isn’t who Roman thinks she is and that’s the catalyst for a romance of deception. An adult twin swap? Bring it on. What could go wrong on a blind date between an identical twin and a grumpy widower who dislike each other on sight? Just about everything … complicated by the lie of Sloane’s true identity. It starts out harmless enough with Sloane forced to take her twin’s place on the date with a simple mission: Nip any chance for a 2nd date with Roman Bellasario in the bud. Roman turns out a real dish, while smart, introverted, and kind Sloane isn’t the frivolous airhead he expected from Margaux’s public reputation. A coincidence gives Roman has a change of heart and he wants a 2nd date. So does Sloane. Wait, what? Roman still thinks that Sloane is Margaux …

How can Sloane keep dating Roman by pretending to be her twin while lying to her twin about continuing to date him? Oh, the irony.

This slow-burn love charade has some cards stacked against it. Still, their connection is real and full of heart, depth, past histories … and conundrums about forgiveness and moving on. Not only is Sloane a woman of substance, but Roman is a catch as a loving dad. Their journey of him discovering how to love again with Sloane is sighworthy. I love the concept of mistaken identity and twin swap mixed together, especially when the conceit is two strangers who aren’t supposed to be attracted to each but actually are, the guy thinks the girl is someone else, and she doesn’t confess the charade while deluding herself that the romance isn’t real.

He’s a notoriously elusive art collector and she’s an art dealer, but pre-judging each other forces them to dig beneath the surface of who they assume each other to be. It’s fascinating watching them uncover that each is more than they appear to be and fall in love from all the things they share in common. There’s plenty to overcome for them though. When love begins with a lie, a predictable reckoning ahead is bound to happen with some fessing up on both sides before this romance has a real shot. This one ends with a bang and pulls out all the feels with a grand, romantic gesture to match the groveling of grovels.

WR always keeps me fully engaged in her MCs and their fascinating storylines which are much more complicated than expected with some dishy reveals. Whether you agree with Sloane’s reasons for continuing the charade so long, the couple’s undeniable chemistry and how the romance plays out was swoony. An adult twin swap has never been more romantic and deceptive at the same time, with building angst, undeniable love, and an attention-grabbing resolution. There’s so much to this ticking time bomb and to learn about Roman and Sloane that compels interest with a bit of heartbreak, even as all the signs are there and love blooms.

When her identical twin asks her to swap on a date with her boss's nephew, Sloane reluctantly agrees knowing Margaux's promotion depends on It. All she has to do is be boring enough for him not to want a second date. When she finds out her date is Roman, a man that got her fired from her dream job as an art dealer three years ago, she's even more reluctant. But strangely enough, they seem to click and she's forced to continue the lie. But this widowed single father has been through so much and Sloane is afraid to tell the truth and break his heart... and her own.
I loved the connection between Sloane and Roman and how their relationship brings him back from his grief and back to his love of art. The whole time you just know that her horrible twin is going to find a way to ruin everything! This was a great story of second chances at love after loss.

Winter delivers, again.

Dangit. Winter delivers, again. This is an excellent book. Yes, it starts off as a painful, awkward blind date, where Sloane is filling in for her narcissistic sister, Margaux. As they are identical twins with opposite personalities, it should be cake. Roman is a widower with daughters and a reluctance to move on from his deceased wife, Emma.

But at its heart, is the message that life is too short, fleeting and bnrief and sometimes there are signs that point you to the right person. It could be shared love of art or signs from Emma, that Sloane is the one for Roman. Mixed in with lots of family.
Recommend.