Cover Image: The Blackout

The Blackout

*Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for this arc in exchange for my honest review*

I love Sarah's books, but this one was a little flat to me. Not her best, but I will keep reading her books for sure.

This book kept me on the edge of my seat turning the pages faster and faster! and the twists!!!
This will have you gripped from the start, such an addictive thriller

After enjoying The Resort by Sarah Goodwin, I was interested in seeing what she did next. And I loved the sound of The Blackout's premise.
This had me on the edge of my seat and kept my interest the whole way through.
There were definitely a few predictable parts but there were a nice few twists too.
This would make a great beach read or holiday thriller, as you don't have to worry about it getting too complicated.
I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for what she releases next.
Thank you to Netgalley for providing me with a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

My first book by this author and I will read more ! It was a nice thriller twisty page turning and dark but kept you wanting to read more ! I read a lot of thrillers and this one was not bad ! Go read !!!

Twisty, dark and full of secrets! A great read that pulls you in from the start. I really enjoyed it and wasn't sure where it would end! Defintely one to read if you like them dark!

Thank you for letting me read and review this book. I could not put it down, read it in 3 days. Would definitely recommend this book to others. If you enjoy thrillers then this is the book for you.

This was my first read from this author and unfortunately this one fell flat for me, parts were confusing and the rest of the book was just okay. I will definitely still try another one of this authors books because the writing style was fine just the story wasn't for me

Dark and twisty, with characters you won't soon forget. This domestic thriller kept me on the edge of my seat!

Meg has escaped an emotionally neglected childhood what has left scars that can never heal. She is lucky to have such a good friend in Cat who is unaware of Meg’s past. A girls night out starts a spiral of events that Meg cannot control so on the run she goes.
A story full of twists and turns all centred around Meg’s past. An easy to read story which actually made me laugh in parts.

This book was my first from Sarah Goodwin. I found it to be a captivating thriller! The idea of a blackout like they experienced terrifies me. This is not an easy book to read if you have anxiety!

this book was a real page turner
it was so hard to put down and I just wanted to know if Meg was going to survive
in the beginning of the book we are introduced to Cat and Meg, who are best friends on a night out. At the end of the night, neither have a working phone or cash on them to get home. On the walk home it is very clear that something sublease happened on the walk home which had led to Meg living a life in hiding in a derelict cottage
The book oozed suspense and was a fantastic locked room
thriller. There were parts of it which were a little far fetched, but that didn’t bother me as it is a piece of fiction after all!

A great read. Enjoyable and gripping storyline. Would recommend to anyone who enjoys this genre and style of book

A fairly routine thriller to while away a few hours.Megan has a past one that haunts her but one that is catching up with her. A story of regret,of poverty and growing up with few chances in the world all of which lead to a climatic ending on a remote clifftop.At times predictable and at others surprising I found it an easy but engrossing story a good holiday read perhaps.

Not brilliant, but then again it is more than half decent and worthy of a four star rating.
The story itself develops into one that's all about a burning desire for revenge, but who for and why.
An easy reading that draws the reader in and keeps the reader guessing as to why revenge is sought.
A number of twists along the way before it reaches it's conclusion.
No hesitation in recommending for readers drawn to this genre of book.

The Blackout by Sarah Goodwin was a great psychological thriller that was both fast moving and addictive. Meg and Cat take shortcut home and end up being chased into an abandoned building, fast forward a year and Meg is hiding out near a cliff edge. Just fab. Could not put this book down, I was hooked.

Oooo this book had me feeling uncomfortable...in a good way! I loved this! This was right up my street with plenty of action, twists and turns. Had me on the edge of my street. I couldn't turn the pages faster enough to find out what happened next. Really great thriller that keeps you guessing!

this book was a real page turner
The book oozed suspense and was a fantastic locked room

This book was very far fetched but it did hold my interest. I was intrigued on where the story was going and how it would end. A quick entertaining read if you willing to expand on your reality beliefs

The blurb really only covers the beginning of this book so once we got past that point, I had no idea where the book was going to go. This was a case study in tension and I found myself holding my breath multiple times. I don't want to spoil anything about the book that was not given in the blurb, so I'll be a bit vague. This book had me crying at some points and cheering at others. It was a complete rollercoaster of a read and I loved every twist and turn. I can see how some readers might find it a bit over the top, but it is exactly what I want in my thrillers.

The suspenseful plot is propelled by a quest for revenge, maintaining the mystery's intrigue. Fast-paced with murder and chaos, the narrative keeps a swift pace. Cleverly placed red herrings add to the guessing game. The characters feel authentic, and the storyline is plausible, blurring the lines between fiction and nonfiction. The author's skill shines through in creating a gripping novel that's hard to set aside, making it suitable for adaptation into a compelling movie.

This is a first for me by the author and one I enjoyed and I would read more of their work. The book cover is eye-catching and appealing and would spark my interest if in a bookshop. Thank you to the author, publisher and Netgalley for this ARC.