Her Radiant Curse was a great meditation on beauty, love, worthiness, and inner strength. For that, this is the kind of story meant for someone struggling with their own self-worth, and doing everything in their power to take what the world has given them, and create something new from that. With that being said, I very much enjoyed the beginning of Her Radiant Curse, and the end. However, the middle for me seemed a little muddled and confused, with a plot that became meandering, and even boring at times. And even with me saying I enjoyed the ending, there was some haziness there too that couldn't necessarily be ignored. I want to reiterate that this wasn't a bad story by any means, and that my three stars isn't meant as a condemnation. Elizabeth Lim can most definitely craft a world, I only wish some of her characters didn't get a little washed out in the process.

I couldn’t put this book down, it was so good! For starters, the characters are so layered. They have so much depth and life, it made reading this book easy. Her Radiant Curse is written beautifully with really great themes and imagery, I didn’t have any problems envisioning any of the characters or story. Channi might also be one of my favorite characters that I’ve read so far this year as well!

I enjoyed #SixCrimson Cranes, so I was looking forward to reading #HerRadiantCurse by #ElizabethLim. It follows the story of Channi who is cursed with a snake face as a child in exchange for the life of her radiant babysister. Shunned by her father and step-mother, Channi spends her time in the forest, speaking with snakes, training, and waiting for the day to avenge her curse and keep her sister safe. Years later, the time of the curse is at hand, Vanna is to be married off, and Channi must protect her from the Demon Witch.

The story is full of action and multiple varied detailed locations. There are battle scenes, dragons, magic, and demons. There is even a small light romance. Fantasy readers will enjoy the storyline and many other fantasy elements. However, the story seemed a little oddly paced at times with chapters passing in the matter of days and other chapters passing in the matter of years. Some characters appear for the whole book and disappear quickly (which is the point, but still a bit uneven). That being said, teen readers will enjoy the fast-paced nature, and I will be purchasing it for our library.

Many thanks to the publishers and Net Galley for this ARC!

Elizabeth Lim takes us back to before Six Crimson Cranes to delve into the life of Channi and Vanna. It’s a beautiful blend of folklore and hardships. A Beauty and the Beast vibe among the sisters.
It is a lovely and vivid read. The descriptions are painted perfectly for your imagination.

Thank you Netgalley for an arc of Her Radiant Curse by Elizabeth Lim

This was such a good book! The characters were full of life and so interesting. I love when stories keep moving and I get sucked more and more into the characters journey and this book really did that. I will be recommending this book to all of my friends and family.

I absolutely loved this book! This beautiful fairytale story is rich with culture and stunning imagery and Channi is a strong heroine that's easy to root for. Definitely recommended for high school libraries.