Cover Image: The Last Days of Lilah Goodluck

The Last Days of Lilah Goodluck

I had mixed feelings about this book... the premise was very promising - a woman gets predictions about her future from a clairvoyant, including that she will win the lottery (if she can remember all the numbers), that she will meet her soulmate (famous name everyone recognizes), and oh yeah, that she will die in a few days. So when the first few come true(ish), she wonders if she can trust what is happening. The illegitimate English prince can't be her soulmate... so she won't die, right? The rest of it is just a coincidence? But when she can't seem to shake the man, who seems very reluctant to admit to enjoy spending time with her, despite his simping for her, she wonders if it really is true. While the whole idea of soulmate and a little magical realism is usually a fun read, especially when the characters are trying to fight it, this just felt like it was either a bit of a stretch or that the writing wasn't yet fully fleshed out yet. The instalove felt too easy and flimsy, and while the supporting characters were fun and added a lot, overall the book felt like it could have been more and didn't fully live up to its potential. Would still recommend and look for the author's future works.

I will admit I kinda saw the twist at the end coming. But, as always, I love Kylie Scott. And her cast of characters are wonderfully eclectic. Lilah and Ali are fun together. I liked watching them work out things. And figure it all out.

All in all, fun story.

I throughly enjoyed this sassy romance by Kylie Scott. The dialogue and writing was funny and sharp, the plot was original, the sex scenes steamy, and the characters were detailed and nuanced.
Lilac saves the life of a psychic witch and in return she’s told her boyfriend is cheating, she didn’t get the promotion, the winning lottery numbers, the name of her soul mate, and oh yes, she’ll be dying this Sunday. Although Lilah scoffs, the first two immediately become true and she meets her soul mate by almost hitting his car. But wait, there’s no instant attraction. Could this mean some of the predictions won’t come true and she won’t die at weeks end?
The only thing that mars this book for me is the use of the C word. I don’t care how common it’s use is in Europe, it’s degrading and demeaning to women.

I absolutely loved this!

It was sickeningly sweet and wildly unrealistic and an absolute treat to read. I loved Lilah, she was so funny and easy to relate to and her inner dialogue was perfect. The plot had a fresh take on insta-love while keeping all the things we love about romance novels like tension and flirting and passionate smooches to shut someone up.

I finished this in one day, I never wanted to put it down. A true feel-good book that made me laugh and swoon all at the same time.

***** I have received and read an advanced reader copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for giving my honest feedback. All thoughts and opinions expressed in this review are my own.*****

Great concept and execution.

The chemistry between Lilah and Alistair is immediately apparent and draws you in.

Tons of great characters, but nothing to distract you from the main story.

Overall I think it could have been a little bit shorter, but it was a great and easy read. It's a great modern fairytale that I would recommend to anyone who loves a great romance with a great story attached.

What a fun read! From the premise I was hooked and invested in Lilah's story. Is she going to die? Is this guy going to spend a ton of money on cute clothes for Lilah?

I think it could have been a bit shorter, I found myself rushing to finish this book and a bit checked out from the storyline with the cheese-level going on. But overall, an easy, whimsy read!

The Last Days of Lilah Goodluck is a quick, cute, quirky romcom and I had such a fun time reading it.

A quick summary is that Lilah is told by a psychic that she's going to die in eight days, and that her soulmate is none other than the illegitimate son of the king of England. At first she doesn't believe anything the psychic tells her, but after one too many coincidences that include meeting said illegitimate son, Alistair, she comes to the conclusion that it's better safe than sorry and decides to live out her bucket list, with Alistair's help.

Lilah and Alistair ooze with chemistry from the very beginning and their quick fall into love felt utterly inevitable. It helps that they are surrounded by a fun cast of characters, most notably Alistair's mom and his friends. While the part of the story involving royalty felt a little bit much, it's easy to look past that because the heart of the story really is between Lilah and Alistair.

ARC provided by Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

"I would have made a great grumpy old lady with sparkling silver hair." A witch has informed Lilah she will win the lottery, meet her soulmate, and die within the next 9 days! This was such a fun (well as much fun as impending death can be...) concept for a book. I told myself to slow down and take my time with the story but, I failed miserably. I couldn't take my eyes off and read the whole thing in less than 38 hours!

What an entertaining, fairy tale of a book! Even though it only takes place over the course of a week, there is so much that happens. Lilah Goodluck (a librarian with a great last name) and Alistair Arthur George Lennox (the illegitimate first born son of the British king) are a bit stiff and guarded when we first meet them, but as the story progresses, they open up and I grew to adore them. The general direction of the book is somewhat predictable, and yet I genuinely enjoyed it. The Last Days of Lilah Goodluck is flirtatious, heart-warming, frustrating and deflating at times, sexy, fun, romantic, humorous, adventurous and full of hope. There's a clairvoyant witch who predicts the future - both good and bad, royalty, some bad eggs and a scene reminiscent of Pretty Woman. I found myself smiling and laughing at many points during this feel good story. Thank you to NetGalley and Harlequin Trade Publishing, Graydon House for the eARC.

Well this one grabbed me at the Good Witch Willow prediction and didn't let go! I just had to see how that was going to play out. What it did was set Lilah in the path of some very interesting and funny twists and turns. It was the fun ride I thought it would be and I can't wait to get it for my library!

Lilah Goodluck isn’t so lucky, or is she? After saving the life of Good Witch Willow, she is given the gift or is it a curse, of five predictions, one of which includes when she will supposedly be dying. As the predictions begin coming true, so does an entire upheaval in Lilah’s life one of which includes a handsome illegitimate prince who may or may not be another one of her predictions coming true.

Lilah and Alistair are so freaking cute and adorable, the chemistry between them was so utterly delightful. I enjoyed the development of their meet cute, their friendship and everything else that happens between them.

This was a whimsically adorable and hilarious novel. With banter, slow burn, and dashes of delightful spice, Kylie Scott has hit a home run with Miss Lilah Goodluck and the wonderful supporting characters consuming the pages. If you’re looking for a fun, awesomely written, easy to fall into book, this is the one for you.

The Last Days of Lilah Goodluck by Kylie Scott was such a fun and enjoyable story.
Witty, touching and totally absorbing I had the best time devouring this book.
The characters here are engaging, relatable and so charming.
This book was swoon worthy, fun, and hopeful.

I would like to thank NetGalley and Graydon House for the opportunity to read this ahead of its publication date in return for my honest review.

I really enjoyed this quirky, hilarious and emotional new story by this talented author. As always, I was swept away into this world as time slipped on by. I loved these characters and the unique story line. This book is so well written and just a very enjoyable read. I highly recommend.

What a marvelously fun read this was! After a series of heavy nonfiction, it was exactly what I needed. This type of romance is not my usual fare, but something about the cover and description drew me in and I'm so glad that it did. The writing is engaging and the story easy to fall into. I found Lilah to be a delightful character. She is a lovely mix of sassy and sympathetic that I found endearing and very relatable. The storyline was cute and quirky and the interactions between her and Alister were clever and pithy yet still full of heart. The ending seemed to wrap up very very quickly, and while I did see the twist coming, it did nothing to take away from my enjoyment of the book as a whole. I found this thoroughly entertaining and a very fun read!

A modern day fairy tale about an ordinary girl and a scorned prince. 2.5 stars because it was a little too far fetched and a little to raunchy for me.

This. Book. Was. HILARIOUS!! Holy cow, I laughed so hard throughout most of this. Lilah and Alistair were amazing!! I absolutely adored their banter.

Could Lady Helena have been any crazier?!?! Her scenes were some of my favorites. She was a crafty one...

Alistair had such a dry humor at times and it made me love him even more. The way he helped Lilah was extremely sweet, too.

Lilah is honestly, one of my favorite female characters in a long time. She was bright, spunky, and just downright hilarious. She was a lot of fun. Her humor killed me. She was so well written that she could be a real person.

loved this romance between a prince and a commoner and things were set in motion by saving a person and she predicted that things would happen and they did. Loved the romance and sexy times. Loved that she met his family and helped him out and he helped with her bucket list.

The Last Days of Lilah Goodluck is a totally new to me type of book from Kylie Scott - and that was a fun and pleasant surprise!

Lilah is advised that several things will happen and when some start to come true, she becomes a believer and decides to live out her bucket list while she still can. Romance, fun, and a few life lessons are thrown in along the way.

Good Witch Willow, the main male character Alistair, and Lilah are all well written and made me want more. I hope Ms. Scott writes more of this type of book and maybe Willow can visit other people?

This book was given to me by NetGalley and the publisher for an honest review. All opinions are my own.

This is a fantastic slow burn book. Brings up compelling questions. If you knew your fate would you try and defy it? Keep living until it happens? Or change everything and enjoy life and love while you can?

This is my new favorite Kylie Scott novel. The banter between the 2 MCs is next level, and it is a superb example of my favorite trope of normal girl/famous guy.
Plus, they are both intelligent characters, and there's no embarrassing the heroine for the plots sake.

Definitely recommend.