I absolutely loved the enemies to lovers aspect of this book and loves the flashback explanation of what made them become enemies however the book was way yoo long and drawn out to me.

This was the perfect ending to the Knockemout series. I see so much of myself in Sloane that reading this book made me highly emotional. Lucy Score knows how to write stories that pull at your heart, make you laugh with your belly, make you hope. Lucian and Sloane's story is probably my favorite of the series and that's high praise because Things We Never Got Over and Things We Hide From the Light are both beautiful stories that I've loved as well.

If you've never read Lucy's writing, check her out. If you read only one series she puts out, let it be this one. It's an absolute masterpiece.

Things We Left Behind is an amazing ending to the Knockemout series, and I couldn’t have asked for a better wrap-up. This book has everything: love, secrets, and fabulous banter that had me excited to turn the page. Sloan is a feisty small-town librarian with a big personality and a mind of her own. I absolutely loved how Lucy painted librarians as all-knowing. Lucian “Lucifier” Rollins is a cold vengeance-seeking mogul who has a lot of emotional baggage to overcome. It takes a while to start to see the human side of Lucian, but I love his soft spot for Sloan. All the Knockemout characters are realistic and layered in a way that you can’t help but relate to. They are strong, funny, incredibly alluring, yet humanly flawed. Both Sloan and Lucian doubt themselves and question the decisions they’ve made. It feels like the reader is taken on a journey of self-discovery and growth alongside the characters. I LITERALLY laughed out loud throughout reading the entire Knockemout series and I am going to miss these characters so much. Talk about a book hangover!

I finished my advanced copy right before I was honored to interview Lucy on her first stop on her North American tour. She is as delightful in person as her books are to read. I can’t wait to see what she writes next!

LUCIAN ROLLINS, y’all. I wasn’t sure how I’d feel about this man but I ended up loving him. He sure did love Sloane even though he had a terrible way of showing it. Even though the flashbacks were heartbreaking, I loved seeing the whole evolution of this story. Sad this series is over but Knockemout will forever have my heart.

Truly the perfect ending to this series!! I am so happy with this book and loved all of the characters so much!

Things We Left Behind
Lucy Score

Genre: Romance
Rating: 5/5 ⭐️
Recommended: Yes!

This book was everything I hoped for and more! Lucy Score wrapped up this trilogy so nicely and while I’d always love to read more about Knockemout, I was very satisfied with the conclusion.

I wish there was a little more action to wrap up the suspense storyline, but it didn’t affect my enjoyment of the book! I love the history behind Sloane and Lucian and loved that the reason for them hating each other felt real and not like a miscommunication!

Read if you like…
🤍 Enemies to lovers
🤍 Grumpy x sunshine
🤍 Second chance
🤍 Millionaire/Billionaire
🤍 Small town

Wow, another amazing read by Lucy score. This one hit on all the feels - it was hot, happy, sad. The characters were incredible - flawed, hot, stubborn. Their relationship was so frustration but in a good way. Their history together - unknown and cause for concern, kept me attached to the book. They’ve known each other since childhood. A traumatic experience tore them apart. And now they’re enemies - or are they?

The Knockemout series by Lucy Score is small town romance perfection! As the final book in this trilogy, Things We Left Behind wraps up every character’s storyline and will make you smile with the glimpse into the future you get at the very end. This is Lucian and Sloane’s story that I have been impatiently waiting to read since they showed up in Knox and Naomi’s book and it was worth the wait! This series has been all over social media and it is definitely worth the hype so add it to your tbr if you haven’t had the pleasure of reading it yet.

Someone please send me directions to Knockemout, Virginia

“Things We Left Behind” is the third and final installment of the Knockemout series. Lucy Score gives us another steamy romance that delves into the complexities of love, trust, and personal growth. Lucy takes readers on an emotional journey filled with passion, tension, and fun filled adventures of the Knockemout gang.

The story revolves around Sloane, a small-town librarian, and Lucian, a swoony, enigmatic man with a dark secret from the past. Their mutual disdain for each other sets the stage for a classic enemies-to-lovers trope. However, what sets this book apart is the way it gradually uncovers the layers of their complicated relationship, making it more than just a typical romance.

Sloane and Lucian's interactions are filled with witty banter and sharp exchanges that often teeter on the edge of foreplay. The banter began to get a bit much until thankfully the sexual tension between them took over. As the story unfolds, readers witness the characters' evolution, as they confront their past traumas and, ultimately allowing love to overcome their differences.

I love all three books in the Knockemout series and while this one was not my favorite it was definitely an engaging romancel that explores the complexities of love, trust, and personal transformation. If you enjoy enemies-to-lovers romances with a touch of suspense, this series is a must-read.

Lucy Score did it again!! This is one of my all tim favorite series, and one of my most anticipated reads of 2023 and it did not disappoint. I was excited to reF about Lucien and Sloane and hear their story. I was not expecting the intensity of their back story and their feelings for each other. It was perfect! I loved the epilogue and it made my heart so happy. I still don't want to say good bye to Knockemout. I love these characters, town, and series so much.

Things We Left Behind by Lucy Score
Knockemout series #3. Contemporary romance. Can be read as a stand-alone but better as part of the series as previous couples play roles in this story.
Lucian Rollins and Sloane Walton were neighbors in their teens when his father was violent against his family. To protect Lucian, Sloane calls the police and years later he still hasn’t forgiven her for taking him away from protecting his mother. They have a love hate relationship of bickering which turns from foreplay to a sexual relationship that can’t get enough of. But he is drawing the line on emotions or a future.

Very steamy bordering on erotica, but Lucian refuses to commit to any emotions which turns hurtful and ultimately dangerous for Sloane.
I loved the banter and playfulness but not so much his refusal to feel or get past his hurt from his youth. I did admire their determination to right the wrongs of the past.
The couples from all three books interacted quite a bit in the book on the investigation and as friends. Some funny stereotypes in the dialog playing off men and women differences.
A pleasing romance in the end but disliking his attitude through most of the book put me in the same category as Sloane - I didn’t trust him. He does make a good effort in the end.

I received a copy of the from NetGalley and the publisher.

Emotional ride! Lucian's and Sloane's bickering and banter throughout really built up the tension. Mystery, romance, and meaningful relationships threaded into a well written story line.
> Friends-to-enemies-to-lovers
> Opposites attract
> Romantic suspense
> Small town romance

Ugh I love Lucian and Sloane so much.
First- I loved the chapter names, just like previous books in this series. I did find that the crime aspect to this book was better than the other ones.
Second- I LOVE Lucian. I loved him as a book boyfriend before I even knew their story, but I love him even more now.

This book is easily my favorite in the series and if you’ve read the other books, read this immediately! The size is intimidating, but the story is never boring! I laughed numerous times, but definitely cried more

A special thanks to NetGalley for an advance copy! This review may have some spoilers!

Returning to the Knockemout series was like getting a bear hug from a friend you haven't seen in a very long time. The build-up from the first two books into this book was well worth it. Even though the first two books focused on the two other couples, Knox and Naomi and then Nash and Lina, we still saw glimpses of Lucian and Sloane interacting in the background which of course made everyone speculate what was going on and if they had a secret history. I also thoroughly enjoyed how the main "bad guy" was featured throughout the three books and finally got the justice they deserved. Like Lucy Score's Blue Moon Series, I loved seeing all of the characters from the past books still living their "happily ever after", the usual shenanigans in Knockemout, colorful characters, and a community that does help one another. I'm sad to see the series end but it is one of my favorite series to recommend <3

Like always Lucy Score does not disappoint! The final book in the Knockemout trilogy. I loved this one as much as the other two. This time we follow Sloane, the local librarian, who is on a search for a family-worthy husband. This book hilarious, romantic and sexy. The epitome of what your looking for might be right in front of you all along. A page turner! Definitley worth the read.

Sad that this is the end of knockemout- had me laughing, tearing up, full blown wanting to cry at points. Can’t wait to read what else Lucy Score has in store for us. Thanks to Netgalley, Bloom Books & Lucy Score for the chance to read this.

Sloane & Lucien may be my favorite couple in this series! I absolutely LOVED their banter & the friends to enemies to lovers vibes we had going on throughout the entire series! The build-up was INCREDIBLE. And the spice was so freaking good omg.

The plot started to fall flat for me once Sloane & Lucien started hooking up. But it felt like we got so much character development for both of them in place of the plot, which made up for it a lot in my opinion. The suspenseful elements seemed to get a little out of hand how we had like three major occurrences in the last like 25% of the book or so. The end did feel a little rushed because it had to wrap up the craziness of the suspense elements, Sloane and Lucien's relationship, AND the series as a whole.

I loved Sloane & Lucien's history and development so much that it really over-ruled a lot of the things I didn't necessarily love about this book.

Thank you to Lucy Score, Sourcebooks, and NetGalley for sending me an early copy!

The final book in the Knockemout trilogy. I loved this one as much as the other two. This time we follow Sloane, the local librarian, who is on a search for a family-worthy husband. This was a hilarious rom-com that shows sometimes what you have always been looking for is right in front of you.

#netgalley #lucyscore #bookreview #bookreviewer #trilogy #book3 #knockemouttrilogy

What a perfect ending to this trilogy. The romance, the spice, the banter, the characters. I just love Knockemout and everyone who resides there. Lucy Score did such a great job with this trilogy. I swooned through this entire book and read it in 24 hours because it was that good. What can I say, I'm also partial to a librarian lead!

I’m not sobbing, you’re sobbing! Oh, wait… no, it’s actually me.

After reading the first two books in the Knockemout series, I couldn’t wait to read Lucian and Sloane’s story. Even though I love all of our Knockemout found family, these two enemies had my heart from the jump so my expectations were high.

I am so happy to say that Lucy freaking nailed it. The tension between the two MCs was palpable and the epilogues (yes, plural!) were absolute perfection. I’m usually very critical of a series ending, but the conclusion of Things We Left Behind was incredibly satisfying.

I love how strong Sloane is. She takes zero sh*t from anyone and is fiercely protective of those she loves - and one man that she loves to hate. At times this also drove me crazy, but I think that’s a sign of great writing.

I will also accept descriptions of Lucian in a tux all day long. #SuitDaddy

If you haven’t started this series, I highly recommend!

Thank you to NetGalley, Bloom Books and Lucy Score for an advanced copy. These are my honest thoughts.