Cover Image: A Royal Conundrum (The Misfits)

A Royal Conundrum (The Misfits)

What a fun book. This book is great for older elementary and middle school students. So many students struggle to find fitting where they fit in. Students will relate to these quirky and unique characters. Their individuality helps them become a crime-fighting team. I cannot wait to introduce students to this story.

I absolutely love the first book in Lisa's new series, THE MISFITS #1: A ROYAL CONUNDRUM. This book is perfect for upper elementary and middle school students where fitting in is always so hard. Students will instantly see themselves in these characters. While each character/student have individual and unique "quirks" that makes it hard for them to fit in, these "quirks" actually turn them into a very successful crime-fighting team. When Olive Cobin Zang is suddenly dropped off at a strange boarding school, she has no idea that RASCH is a cover for an elite group of misfits that fight crime. As the team sets out to stop the heist of the century, Olive learns things about herself, begins fitting in for the first time in her life, and finally feels at home at RASCH. I can't wait to introduce this story and these characters to my students this year. Thank you to NetGalley for an advanced digital copy!

This was a fun romp of a read. I loved these misfits and their adventures fighting crime. I think this will be a great middle grade read, as many middle graders are trying to find their place in the world. And this will help them see that even a "misfit" can find a place to belong and find friends.

Thanks NetGalley and the publisher for this ARC.