Cover Image: Snow Place for Murder

Snow Place for Murder

Snow Place for Murder is book three in The Mountain Lodge Mysteries series by Diane Kelly.
After devouring this book I will be buying the first two in this amazing cozy mystery set.
What a delightful, exciting mystery! Full of suspense, intrigue and unforgettable characters!
Well done character development, plot twists, weaving in of multiple suspects.
This storyline will keep the reader’s full attention on the intriguing events going on all around.
The story is well written and easy to read with a great setting that is lots of fun.
I can’t wait to read more in this series!

"I received a complimentary copy of this book. Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own."

Thank You NetGalley and St. Martin's Press for your generosity and gifting me a copy of this amazing eARC!

The holidays are upon Mountaintop Lodge and Misty is hosting an investment firm who is looking to sell its guests on investing in a new resort in the area. While there are many in town against the new development, including Misty, she still has a business to run and selling out the lodge for a week is a boon to her business.

When the head of the investment firm is found dead at the lodge, Misty decides to do some sleuthing on her own since she and her sons are now snowed in with a murderer. Will the murderer walk free if the police can’t solve the murder before the roads are cleared after the storm stops? Or can Mistry and the gang solve another murder at the lodge?

Another entry in what is a MUST READ series on my reading list, and I’m as thrilled as I have been with each entry so far. A likable and relatable protagonist, her ex husband, sons and new family of choice all make this an engaging and super series to read.

Snow Place for Murder
Misty Murphy runs a B&B in the mountains of North Carolina. She accepts a booking for Nigel Goodwin who is developing a resort on the mountain. He is hosting a group of possible investors at the B&B. She has misgivings especially after seeing the model for the resort. After his presentation to his possible investors, he is confronted by some local business owners and home owners who are concerned with his planned resort.
The next morning, Nigel is found frozen outside the lodge. Unfortunately, there are a lot of possible suspects from his wife to a local man who lives near the possible resort.
This book is the third in the Mountain Lodge series. It is a fun cozy mystery.

Following an amicable divorce, Misty Murphy has purchased a lodge on Beech Mountain in North Carolina. Her former husband and her two boys have come to visit. And she has fallen for her handyman. All is good.

But a developer wants to build a large resort on the mountain. He is holding a meeting with potential investors at Misty's lodge. But not everyone is excited about the plans to build the resort. And several of the locals threaten to stop the building. But it goes from bad to worse when the developer turns up dead outside Misty's lodge.

This is the third book in Diane Kelly's Mountaintop Lodge series. She hasn't lost her touch. The plot is intriguing. The characters are well developed. I highly recommend this, the newest novel from Diane Kelly.

A Snow Place for Murder is the 3rd book in the Mountain Lodge mysteries.
Owner Misty Murphy runs the lodge with her assistant Brynn and boyfriend/handyman Rocky.
Developer Nigel Goodwin is looking to build a more upscale resort in the area and has invited a group of possible investors to stay at the lodge and check out the area. When he is killed, Misty wonders if one of the future investors had a motive or is it one of the local residents who oppose the development?
Excellent addition to the series.
#SnowPlaceforMurder #NetGalley

This mystery had everything I love to see in a Cozy. I didn’t know what to expect from this book since Diane Kelly is a new to me author. I enjoyed her laid back writing style. My only regret is that I haven’t read the first two books in the series. I loved the location that was the setting for the story. I have always loved the mountains and especially the Blue Ridge area. I would love to take a week to relax and unwind at the Mountain Top Lodge. The characters were very down to earth friendly people. The murder happened about almost midway into the book. Readers had to wait till near the books ending to find out whodunnit. I didn’t come close to guessing who the killer was and that’s the way I like a cozy mystery to be. I’m going to want to go back and read book one and two so I can get to know the characters better.

When an international resort developer books the Mountain Top Lodge in Nr. Carolina for a week in December Misty Murphy, owner and operator has a full house. Not everyone wants to see a huge resort built where the Elk River runs through the forest and attracts the wild animals to the waters edge. The community is upset and wants the nature trail left the way it is. Tempers flare and when English developer Nigel Goodwin is found dead and frozen under a snow bank the local sheriff must determine if it’s a death by natural causes or is it a murder.

I recommend this book to readers of Cozy Mystery and to fans of the Author. I read this book as a standalone and was able to enjoy the story. It is the third book in the Mountain Lodge Series by Diane Kelly. There is a few mild cuss words in the book so readers who are sensitive to this might not appreciate this book for that reason. This book is scheduled to be released on 10/24/23.

I voluntarily read an advanced Readers copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions expressed in this review are entirely my own.

#SnowPlaceforMurder# NetGalley

Another Mountain Lodge mystery. As in the former Books,Misty, the owner of the Lodge has problems with her guests. A murder happens. Together with the police she helps to solve the case again. Entertaining, with suspense and surprise. Looking forward to the next book.

Thank you so much to St. Martin’s Press and NetGalley for the ARC of this book. All opinions are my own.

I’m truly enjoying my cozy mystery era and I thought this was a great addition to my growing cozy mystery collection. Diane really pulled me in and I got lost in this. I had a blast reading it and can’t wait to see what’s coming next!

I am invested in the characters in Diane Kelly's The Mountain Lodge Mysteries series. I love that there is a range of ages and personal situations that have a general appeal. Her latest addition, 'Snow Place for Murder', is full of twists and turns that had me sincerely guessing up to the end. I had my suspicions dashed more than once and was surprised by the conclusion and the reasons for the murder. I look forward to more in the series, and recommend it highly.

I received a complimentary copy of this book from the publisher via NetGalley. The opinions expressed in this review are entirely my own.

Christmas is just around the corner, and Misty Murphy has her college-age sons helping her out at her Mountain Top Lodge while they are on winter break. Her current guests—international resort developer Nigel Goodwin and a group of investors—are causing concern among the locals who do not want a massive resort to disrupt the idyllic, nature-focused ambiance of Beech Mountain. Following a blizzard, Misty's sons find Nigel's body buried under a pile of snow that had been plowed out of the lodge's parking lot. Misty is once again stuck hosting a group of murder suspects at her lodge while the local law enforcement officers investigate Nigel's murder. Not only are Misty's guests on the suspect list, but so are several locals who had recent altercations with the victim.

SNOW PLACE FOR MURDER is a great addition to the Mountain Lodge Mystery series. The Blue Ridge Mountains make for a perfect setting, and Misty's lodge brings in all sorts of people throughout the year. With her guests periodically getting murdered, Misty is naturally drawn into the police investigations. She can provide the police with information about her guests/suspects and keep an eye on them as she continues to host them during the investigation. Nigel's wife, his assistant, and the various investors make for great suspects, and they all have possible motives for wanting to kill Nigel. I like how some locals also made it onto the suspect list. It expanded the investigation outside of the lodge and showed more of the Beech Mountain area.

If the Mountain Top Lodge was a real place, I'd want to stay there and help Misty solve a murder. I can't wait to see what happens in the next installment to the Mountain Loge Mystery series.

Misty, the owner of a small mountain lodge is hosting a businessman who wants to build a resort on the nearby ski mountain. He has invited potential investors and they are all staying in Misty’s lodge. There is a local group who opposes the resort (some quite violently). And there is some dissension among the potential investors. The businessman treats his wife and assistant badly. When a body is found outside of the lodge, there are plenty of suspects, all with good motives. The time pressure is on as the murder needs to be solved before the guests checkout at the end of the week. The mystery kept me guessing right up to the end.
This is the third in the Mountain Lodge Mysteries, but it works well as a stand-alone read. But this series so so much fun, you’ll want to read the rest,too. We get to see more of Misty’s sons and her boyfriend/handyman’s daughter, which rounds out the story, too. If you enjoy cozy mysteries in a mountain setting, give this one a try.

I received a free copy of, Snow Place for Murder, by Diane Kelly, from the publisher and Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. This is book three in The Mountain Lodge Series. Man of the world Nigel is in North Carolina to get some wealthy investors to invest in his new resort concept, local are not sure about it. Then Nigel is found dead in the blizzard, who killed him? Such a great cozy mystery to curl up by the fire by. It kept me guessing til the end.

This was a fun cozy mystery set at a family ski lodge that is hosting a group of potential investors interested in developing a resort. I liked the various suspects - there were so many motives for the murder! And I enjoyed how things developed, from finding the body to finding the culprit. Also, the main characters (because cozy mysteries almost always have some non-professional investigating the crime) weren't too stupid - I always appreciate that when I read cozies! Now I need to pick up the first two books in the series :)

I have mixed feelings on this book. The mystery itself was very fun, and I loved meeting JJ, Mitch, and Pebble, but the beginning was incredibly slow. The main characters for the mystery weren’t introduced until nearly 30% through the book and the murder didn’t happen till nearly halfway through. This left the actual investigation feeling very rushed and the coincidences for Misty finding out who the murder was too coincidental, and very much disappointing. I wish the whole beginning about Thanksgiving had been cut as it wasn’t necessary to the plot at all and the majority of the book had been focused on Misty and Rocky and the actual investigation. And that more work had been put into the investigation. Because it had to be rushed, the ending/solutions were rushed and it made for not as good a book as the first two. Will I keep reading this series? Absolutely. I love the world and characters Kelly has created. I just hope more focus is on the mystery in the next book.

Snow Place for Murder by Diane Kelly is the latest in her series starring Misty and Rocky and other family members centered around the Mountain Top Lodge. This one tackles developers and locals with different opinions on the subject. Of course there is a murder but the location and protagonists make one want to be staying at the Lodge, eating the food from the Greasy Griddle and finding out more about the families.

With Snow Place for Murder, Diane Kelly has once again crafted an entertaining, complex mystery that keeps the reader turning the pages and guessing right to the very end.
Our favourite characters of Misty and Rocky return, this time joined for the holidays by their children, who add a new dimension to the interactions, and a large number of guests with various and believable reasons for being the one who-done-it.
Although we don't find out who exactly the victim is until around the 30% point of the book, once we find out, and the intriguing circumstances of the death, the book is off and running. Everyone is fair game as Misty investigates, yet all does not become clear until the end.
The book is well-written and entertaining, and the cover is once again stunning. I thank #NetGalley for the ARC of #SnowPlaceforMurder.

Although this is a stand-alone book, I think I would have enjoyed it more had I read previous books in the Mountain Lodge series. I found it a bit difficult to really understand what was going on when I started the book. It seemed to take a long time to get to the basic premise of the book and to solve the mystery, but it was an easy read. There are lots of interesting characters and a good cozy mystery plot. There is a lot of great wintery atmosphere. This is a typical cozy mystery,that cozy mystery readers should enjoy.

Snow Place For Murder by Diane Kelly is a fun cozy mystery set in a North Carolina winter lodge. The mystery was intriguing, the characters interesting. It is set Thanksgiving through Christmas and will be a fun holiday read.

B&B mystery
Ms.Kelly pens an intriguing cozy at a B&B. She creates an interesting group of characters, the owner, and crew, close friends and the police force to deal with an unusual murder of a guest. I enjoyed it immensely and would recommend to any lover of mysteries. Has bits of humor and romance. I love this series.
I requested and received a NetGalley Arc to peruse gratis and offer my opinion in the same.

fun, heart warming, and of course deadly lol. This book didn't disappoint!

This series has quickly turned into one of my favorites. I love the idea of the mountains and the lodge sounds like the perfect getaway! Even with all the dead bodies popping up lol.

Her world building is amazing, I can picture everything in my mind and soon I am whisked away to a beautiful place far from my troubles and worries.

I love the entire gang, Misty, Rocky, Yeti, Molasses, Brynn, and I was thrilled to be able to get to know Misty's and Rocky's kids better. I love the entire family aspect. This is a family I would love to be adopted into.

Misty stepping out and realizing her dream, even later on in life, is awe inspiring. That it's never too late to realize your dreams.

The way she cares for her lodge, employees, and patrons is lovely to see. It's nice knowing people still care, even in books.

The mystery was as always interesting and thought provoking. I thought I had an idea who did it but it twisted and turned so much that I realized I actually had no clue. I love those kinds of books.

I whole heartedly recommend this book. You'll feel warm and tingly inside!

Thanks to Net Galley, the publishers, and Diane Kelly for the ability to read and review this book. All thoughts and opinions are mine and completely honest.