Cover Image: Christmas at the Snow Covered Inn

Christmas at the Snow Covered Inn

This is a great Christmas read with all of the essentials of a romance, lots of snow and oodles of decorations. It is set outside of the UK which gives it scope to include things like an overnight cabin stay in the 'White Mountains'. The book also encapsulates family tensions and dynamics which makes it a great and captivating read.

This book offers a gentle and heart warming read that doesn't rely on constant chapter-ending excitement but instead tells a captivating story.

The story is told from the viewpoints of Ria, a self-employed interior designer, and Hayden, the CEO of a chain of home improvement stores, the story unfolds as Ria embarks on the task of renovating Hayden's grandparents' Inn nestled in the picturesque White Mountains of New Hampshire. Ria's tasked with renovating Hayden's grandparents' Inn in the beautiful White Mountains of New Hampshire. They meet for the first time on their flight to the Inn.

The snowy setting of the Inn sounds idyllic and there's a bit of a foodie theme running through the book with lots of delicious sounding meals.

It's got the Hallmark film feel, a feel good cosy Christmas read.

Thank you to Netgalley and Embla Books for the ARC.

A lovely Christmas read with good characters and setting. It's a case of families, who'd have them but will the magic happen. 4 stars

Thanks to Netgalley and publisher for this ARC

Ria is a designer and Hayden has hired her to decorate The Snow Covers Inn in New Hampshire. They met for the first time when they boarded the plane at the Heathrow Airport. hayden drove a long drive from the airport to the inn once they landed.Hayden had given his parents the redo as a gift because he thought they wanted to remodel neither Evie or Charles were being honest with each other. Follow the ups and downs of the redo , see if Ria and Hayden become more than friends. Do Evie and Charles keep the inn. See what happens ias it is A VERY GOOD READ.

I enjoyed this book from Lucy Coleman. It's not my favourite ever of hers (I think I prefer the European ones!) but it's well worth a read.

Ria and Hayden meet when Ria is employed to update his parents' historic inn. Things are tense between his parents so can they help smooth things over and get the inn back on track? Neither of them expected to find love, so what will happen when it is time to return to real life?

This was a lovely Christmas read. I loved the descriptions of the Inn make over, the Christmas decorations and the winter scenery, it made me feel like I was really there.

The family dynamic and relationships were interesting, Ria helped bring everyone together and open their eyes to what they really wanted, she has a real diplomatic flare.

Hayden and Ria are a great couple, their attraction was obvious and I liked how they chose to explore it, trying really hard to fight it at first, but then totally embracing it and showing everyone how much they meant to each other.

A great Christmas read, but may be you might need an extra blanket as that snow can get mighty cold.

I found this book a little too sweet and sickly for me. The chearacters weren't very believable and some I just didn't like. My thanks to netgalley and the publishers for giving me the opportunity to read this book in return for an honest review.

A festive renovation set in a wintry New England location is the setting for this romantic family drama. Ria is a successful interior designer, and Hayden is an entrepreneur who has hired her to help his parents renovate their Inn in the White Mountains. They both travel to the Inn, ensuring a Christmas completion. Meeting for the first time face-to-face on the flight to America, they form an instant connection which develops amidst family discord and a race against time for the Christmas opening. I like the wonderful wintry location, the gentle romance and the story's festive ethos.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher.

⭐️ 3 ⭐️

Many thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for the eARC, in exchange for an honest, unbiased review.

The book is set in snowy New Hampshire, which provides a breathtaking backdrop to the story and perfectly sets the festive scene.

Christmas at the Snow Covered Inn is well written, but I did find the plot a little dull and repetitive; I found myself skim-reading just to get to the end.

The characterisation is good, but Hayden’s character came across as more female than male, and I thought his voice sounded more like an older woman than a man. I didn’t sense a spark or any chemistry between him and Ria, and to me, their dialogue didn’t flow or feel authentic.

I’m sure lots of people will love this cosy Christmas read; unfortunately, it was missing the magic for me.

A lovely Christmas story a beautiful read that drew me in.The inn the characters a read that I hated to end perfect holiday story.#netgalley #Christmasatthesnowcoveredinn

A heart-warming and cosy seasonal read. Very engrossing and was hard to put down. There is something magical about festive books and this one is no exception.

You will surely appreciate this book if you like Hallmark Christmas movie atmosphere. There's a workalcoholic, a lovely setting, likeable characters, and a festive atmosphere.
Recommended.
Many thanks to the publisher for this ARC, all opinions are mine

Thanks to the Publisher and Netgalley for an early review copy.

Hayden has hired Ria to come with him to the white mountains of New Hampshire, so that she can assist in refurbishing the guesthouse of his late Grandfather.

She’s never met him and when they’re on the plane is the first meeting of them both, she wants to make a good impression as he owns lots of stores for home improvements and this may help in getting more work.

But, when they land, there’s a snowstorm, but they decide instead of waiting, to travel to the inn. On arrival, Hayden and Ria find that there’s tension between his parents.

So, will Ria be able to do the job as she wants and have the place ready for the grand re-opening? Will Hayden’s parents marriage be intact when all is done?

I highly recommend this book.

A family oriented Christmas story set against the backdrop of snowy New England. A workaholic, an interior designer and an older couple in crisis come together whilst pulling together the redecoration of a family run inn and giving it the Christmas wow factor, for a new lease of life. But will it be enough?
I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book from NetGalley. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

Businessman Hayden Reynolds hires interior designer Ria Porter, to revamp his grandfather’s inn. Set in New Hampshire, in an idyllic spot surrounded by mountains and forest, Ria falls in love with the place and wants to create something unique and special.
However, she soon realises there is more to this assignment than simply breathing new life into the building. It is also about repairing the fractures within the family.
The setting is gorgeous – mountains, forest and snow, with the inn providing a wonderful cozy backdrop. A great place to for Lucy to weave a story of romance, family tangles and the opportunity for positive change. It’s a great festive story and one of those books that is perfect for curling up next to a warm fire with a hot chocolate - or something stronger - and losing yourself in.
I would like to thank the author, Embla Publishing and Netgalley for an ARC of Christmas at the Snow Covered Inn in exchange for an honest review.

This is a wonderful Christmas light romance set in the most beautiful winter wonderland.
The Inn just completely captured my imagination, I loved picturing it all coming together as they completed the revamp.
The story is told from a dual view, Hayden and Ria. While we never hear from Haydens parents directly, I really enjoyed seeing their story play out.
There's a lot of talk of delicious food, prepare to have your mouth watering!
This is a story about finding what truly makes you happy in life. For me, the answer was obvious, but I still enjoyed watching them find their way.
It's definitely a great way to start prepping for the cosy winter months!

Christmas at the Snow Covered Inn by Lucy Coleman is a heartwarming Christmas romance novel.
The welcome, the cozy atmosphere, the vibrance was exactly what you would want from a trip to the mountains and forests of New Hampshire. A lovely setting with some beautiful descriptive images that bring the story to life. the characters were charming and relatable. Which I loved.
And Coleman’s writing is engaging and so well done. I will most definitely pick up this authors next title.

I would like to thank NetGalley and Embla Books for the opportunity to read this ahead of its publication date in return for my honest review.

This is a really nice Christmas book. I really enjoyed the characters and the storyline. Hayde. Hires Ria to come and designe and decorate his families home in the mountains that they want to turn into a b&b. However there are alot of family dramas and secrets going on. There might also be a cheeky love story thrown in.

A lovely Christmas story following Ria and Hayden as they struggle to help his parents with their inn get ready for the Christmas season.
This is a heart warming journey and makes you feel warm inside.
Would highly recommend.
Thanks to NetGalley & Embla Books for a ARC for a honest review.