Cover Image: 15-Minute Drawing: One-Line Drawing

15-Minute Drawing: One-Line Drawing

Great idea’s, simple and yet effective.

Thank you NetGalley for my complimentary copy in return for my honest review.

This is a good resource and instructions for one-line drawings. Learning this for of art is good for some who love to add doodles to their journaling or for someone looking for a stress reliever.

15-Minute Drawing: One-Line Drawing" is a fantastic book for anyone who wants to learn how to draw florals and landscapes using only one continuous line.
The book offers step-by-step instructions, similar to what you would find in an origami book. With a little practice, you'll be able to create amazing pieces of art.
If you've seen Piscio's drawings that use a single line, then this book is for you - it's so basic you could say it's practically pure genius!
If you're looking for a unique and fun way to improve your drawing skills, "15-Minute Drawing: One-Line Drawing" is the perfect choice for you.

Really cool book with great ideas for simple doodle style drawings. Perfect for quilting pattern ideas also. So much fun!

First off the cover is so pretty! I loved the tutorials and how they were easy to follow. My 9 year old even tried and he loved it. I can't wait to try some of the harder drawings.

Thanks for this arc

Absolutely loved this little book! I found great joy in learning how to utilize one line to create little masterpieces!

This one-line drawing book is outstanding in every way. The author gives the reader clear, easy to understand, step by step instructions/illustrations on how to complete a wide variety of one-line drawings in 15 minutes.

Chapters include background information on one-line drawing; tips; tools and materials; and how to warm up the wrist. Drawing examples include chapters on flowers; plants; faces; lifestyle; still life; and celebrations, with each section containing work of three different skill levels.

The concept of one-line drawing fascinates me, and the idea of trying it myself was irresistible. I found attempting to duplicate the drawings to be fun and very relaxing. What a wonderful way to clear your mind of the troubles of the day!

This book gets five stars from me. It would make a wonderful gift for others or for yourself. The author says her motto is "live creatively". I'm so happy she shared her love for this art form with us and showed us how to do it ourselves!

My sincere thanks to Walter Foster Publishing for permitting me to access a DRC of the book via NetGalley. All thoughts and opinions expressed in this review are my own and are freely given.

This is a fun and relaxing way to let your creative self out. I found the single line technique to be so meditative and freeing. With easy to follow instructions this is a great way to create and enjoy the process in a low stress way. I loved that this book was filled with tons of examples to help jumpstart my imagination!

I've been into one-line drawings and have always found them interesting so I was excited to read this book. I really enjoyed this book and practiced every single one-line drawing in the book. I love that the one-line drawings are labeled based on their difficulty level and I liked that the book is separated into sections such as holidays, flowers, etc. I also really loved that this book's target is for both beginners and people who know how to draw.

I am no artist, but find one-line drawings so sophisticated and elegant. Thank you Netgalley and the publisher for providing me an electronic version to preview before publication. These one-line drawings are meant to be quick, about 15 minutes. I am still no artist, but these were fun and I think I have found a new hobby! So far, I have only worked on flowers and leaves. It's a bit tricky for a beginner, but they give step-by-step instructions that are easy to follow. I am looking forward to advancing my skills and try my hand at faces, foods, etc.

It's amazing what you can depict with just one line. Nied's book is a step-by-step guide to get you started in drawing a number of different images from flowers to faces. Even those who claim they "can't draw" can follow along to create their own pieces. Practicing just a few of these line drawings also gives you confidence to add something new or different to make the final product your own. This is probably a book that is better for folks new to art and people who want to try their hand at something they've never done before - if you like a minimalist approach, this is a great book to pick up.

I absolutely LOVED this!!! Super simple and easy to follow. It was clear and even my 10 year old was able to learn from it!

I really love the aesthetic of one line drawing and was completely drawn to this book when I saw the cover. The book takes you step by step through each drawing and shows you how to achieve the end result. The instructions are easy to follow and the entire book is aesthetically pleasing.
I can't wait to try this out and think it will pair beautifully with watercolour.

Thanks to Net Galley and Quarto Publishing for the advanced copy.

This book was a interesting concept and shows how create modern designs.

The idea is to create one picture with one line. So your pen does not lift off the paper until your picture has finished.

The designs provided in the book were of plants, flowers paper etc and were very easy to follow with the steps.

My 9 year old daughter also enjoyed drawing a long and had no trouble following the steps.

Cute instructional line drawing book. It breaks down how to draw in steps. I loved that it rated each drawing depending on how hard they were. I filled up a sketchbook with drawings!! So fun!

Thank you NetGalley and Quarto Publishing Group – Walter Foster, Walter Foster Publishing for the eARC!

A lovely guide for one line drawings that will activate your creative flow and help guide you through it. Also, such a lovely way to destress and relax.

I absolutely loved everything about this book! The layout and presentation is beautiful, the ideas are plentiful, the tutorials are inspiring and accessible, and the overall book is so incredibly creative and inspiring. I'd highly, highly recommend it!

Create your own one-line drawing
Heinke Nied, university lecturer, illustrator, and one-line-artist reveals her passion for drawing in her book: "15-Minute Drawing: One-Line Drawing. Learn to draw florals, portraits, and more using a single line!", published by Quarto Publishing Group – Walter Foster.
Nied reveals her passion for drawing with this book and states: "In this book, I show you how to create your own one-line drawings step by step and then turn them into complete, polished artwork—in just 15 minutes! For me, one-line art isn’t just a trend but rather a totally new form of drawing and an artistic representation of my surroundings I wish you much joy with one-line drawing!" (p. 5). Nied gives an explanation for One-Line-Drawing, the possibilities it offers and underlines that it is more than an exercise (e.g., it enhances the observational abilities, see p. 5-6). She presents various topics such as "Flowers & Leaves", "Plants", "Lifestyle", or "Celebrations" with multiple step-by-step exercises. Furthermore, she points out the need for keeping a sketchbook in order to improve one's skills.
The book also contains an inspirational gallery and Nied classifies the exercises with a "difficulty scale". Both are really helpful. I highly recommend the book for artists who are interested in one-line drawing may they be beginners or advanced ones who are looking for more inspiration.
The complimentary copy of this book was provided by the publisher through NetGalley free of charge. I was under no obligation to offer a positive review. Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.
#15-MinuteDrawingOne-LineDrawing #Netgalley

This inspirational book makes one-line drawing seem easy. I can't wait to give it a try. Heinke Nied provides a list of materials, warmups, and divides the book into sections: Flowers & leaves, Plants, Faces, Lifestyle, Still life and Celebrations. This is a lovely book for anyone who likes to draw as a hobby, or who wants to keep an art journal. I am thinking of buying it!

I received this free ebook from NetGalley in return for an honest book review.

PAGES 112

There is something so beautifully simplistic about line drawing! It has been an artform that I’ve been obsessed with for some time. So when I had the chance to read 15-Minute Drawing: One-Line Drawing, I immediately jumped on the opportunity to learn how to use the art technique. All of the lessons were great, but the faces were definitely my favorite! These lessons are great for beginners but leave you with art that doesn’t feel like a beginner created it!