Cover Image: From Paris, in Love

From Paris, in Love

This was such a fun book! I loved the relationship between the main characters and how they supported each other. Riley is so strong and so sweet and I loved her journey. Miles is a such a good friend to her and an even better boyfriend. I really enjoyed this book especially with the Paris setting and miles’ baking

Smiling through my tears and asking for the love of all that is holy WHAT in the name of toxicity and gaslighting was that ending???

From Paris in love is a sweet friends/ colleagues to lovers romance. This was a quick and entertaining read, with lots of things to love.

This is the authors second book and unfortunately it didn’t live up to the expectations that her debut had made.
If you like workplace romance and spice then sure you might like it more than I did. I liked the writing style and pacing but I just wasn’t invested in the characters this time around.

A fun read, but I wasn’t blown away by it! If you love a workplace romance this is totally for you!! Miles was such a simp and totally loved that! The slow burn was one of my fav things! & the spice was spicing!!!

This was a super cute friends to lover, with added forced proximity. Incredibly cute, but unfortunately fell a bit flat for me in parts. A good time nonetheless!

This was an entertaining read overall but I didn’t really click as much as I did with the first book. I think the slow burn plot and lack of atmosphere detracted from the overall experience but what kept me reading was the character development. I'm just not a miscommunication/lack of communication trope person so it is a really hard sell for me to enjoy a plot with that present. I would've loved to have seen more of their relationship over time and it would've kept the slow burn feeling more interesting.

3.5 stars! ⭐️ I really liked this book! If you love the friends to lovers, he falls first tropes and a good slow burn, this one is for you! The way he is secretly in love with her had me giggling so much! A fun, sweet, sexy read that explores sensitive topics.

would never get enough of this totally sweet book. this has officially become my comfort read that i’d come back to over and over, and still enjoying it every time. the author writes sensitive topic such as domestic abuse and infertility with gentle kindness. there were a few choices didn't totally vibe with but they still worked for the overall story. i loved the slow burn and how they transitioned from friends into lovers.

thank you to netgalley for providing an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

"From Paris, in Love" by Elodie Colliard is an enchanting romance that left me swooning. This book brings together Riley and Miles, two characters who have their fair share of relationship baggage. But what's unique here is that they start as colleagues and friends, which adds depth to their connection.

Unlike typical workplace romances with power struggles, this story is refreshingly free of angst. It's about two people who admire and respect each other, and it's heartwarming to watch their relationship bloom. Plus, their adventure in Paris adds an extra layer of charm.

Colliard tackles sensitive issues like manipulative relationships and infertility with grace, seamlessly weaving them into a tender and steamy romance. The characters' journey is both heartwarming and captivating.

Earlier this year, I read The Last Encore and instantly fell in love with Elodie's writing style. So, when she provided an arc for her second book, I applied straight away. So excited about this book right from the minute the publisher accepted my request!

From Paris, in Love is the second book in It's Always Been You series. If you're unsure about whether to read the series in order or not, I think it's acceptable to read them individually. The story and characters are not the same, but there are connections to characters from previous books. For example, in the first book, the main characters are Josh and Avery. In this second book has Miles and Riley. Miles and Avery are siblings. And next in the third book is Charlee, who is Riley's sister. Lol. This universe is just brilliant!

Compared to the previous book, I think this one is spicier! *wink*. You will receive a complete package of friend-to-lover tropes, workplace romance, girl-boss, protective men, and a trip to Paris! What a wonderful package, isn’t it? I actually read this book after I finished watching Emily in Paris, and I can say it has similar vibes!

The only thing that's lacking is the plot for Riley’s conflict with her ex-husband. Although I'm expecting something more intense, I'm fine with it. The spicy parts are still the winner, haha. The part where Riley fought back is also remarkable. Highly recommended.

Very cute. This is a kind of sequel to The Last Encore, with Avery’s brother and his painful crush on his colleague Riley that was set up in the first book. It can totally be read as a stand-alone though! But it was nice to get an update on Avery and Josh 🥰 Riley has finally divorced her abusive husband and sets up and new PR business with Miles, who is secretly pining for her. They’re business partners now though, so he is painstakingly trying to keep things professional. Meanwhile, Riley is finally starting to see him romantically. This all makes for a delicious slow burn. Miles is too good to be true, and I love the fantasy of him - as all book boyfriends should be 😂 I found Riley to be such a likeable character as well. Both characters also explore some deeper issues in a sensitive way - with Riley’s precious abusive relationship and Miles’s infertility.

What to expect:

- slow burn
- friends to lovers
- he falls first
- workplace romance
- holiday romance
- cinnamon roll MMC

I wanted to love this book so much but unfortunately it wasn't for me. The story fell a bit flat, both mc's were pretty awful and I hated the ending. This could've been so good but the writing felt to juvenile. It's a 2-star for me.

Help me because this book was just so darn adorable and sexy at the same time! This was the pallet cleanser that I needed after reading so many dark romances. Elodie has amazed me and turned me into a full blown fanatic of her writing. I cannot wait to see what other magical words she has up her sleeve!

Oh my goodness I seriously SWOONED so hard in this one. And I share the same last name as the feisty independent female main character so OF COURSE I loved this one. Friends to lovers isn't usually my jam but when you throw in workplace romance with a heck of a lot of "he falls first" you know I'm going to be absolutely hooked. Elodie absolutely knocked this one out of the park and I loved it so so much.

Thank you to Netgalley & Elodie Colliard & Victory Editing Netgalley Co-op for allowing me to read this in exchange for an honest review.

this story follows miles and riley, former coworkers who start building a business together and get the once in a lifetime opportunity to travel to paris on an all-expenses paid trip with a new client. the catch is miles has been in love with riley for years but cannot bring himself to reveal his true feelings and riley is still finding a way to reclaim her life after leaving an abusive marriage. two weeks in paris tests their resolve as they discover the boundaries of their relationship and more...

miles and riley were both well-developed characters with their own backgrounds and struggles that influenced their actions throughout the book. the relationship between the two was so sweet and you could just tell how much miles cared for riley. this was definitely a major 'friends-to-lovers' story as we see the two try and figure out how to juggle their feelings for one another and traverse the complicated line of being friends and business partners to being in a relationship.

there were, however, a few things that took away from the story for me a bit, including the slow burn and miscommunication. the dual POV was lots of fun but it was frustrating at times to see their inner thoughts line up and them not be able to communicate properly despite being adults. and while I know that they were both working through their own issues and pasts, I just wish they would have come to a resolution a bit earlier. the pacing also threw me off a bit as I would have liked to see more of their friendship from the beginning and honestly hear a bit more about their business that they were creating together.

overall, this was definitely a fun read with a wonderful setting (paris!) I would recommend it if you are a fan of forced proximity, workplace romance, friends to lovers, and slow burn contemporary romances!

Interesting debut novel, for me as romance reader friends to lover is the hardest trope to write. because it has to be a believable, the conflict must be realistic and the love story too, so with all that, I think Elodie solved the story well and managed to give a solid good romance story.

A delightful journey to Paris sets two friends on a path to becoming lovers. Sweet, full of good food and wine, and a love letter to the "he falls first, and HARD" trope.

DNF at 25%

*I don’t have star ratings for DNFs but for the Netgalley feedback (which is needed) I’ll be putting 1 star*

Unfortunately, I struggled to be invested in the story and struggled with wanting to continue reading.

It felt like the story was already 50% in when I started it. There seems to be a lot of history between them, the world has been set in such a way that feels like I should’ve been aware of before I picked up the book. I’m under the impression that these books are standalones and this can be read without reading the first one, but maybe a lot of the context in this was shown in the first book and it might be essential to have read that to get into the rhythm here. The stakes don’t feel fully developed to me too and most of it felt like it’s them thirsting for each other, and it felt way too early on in the story.

Nevertheless, there were small aspects of it that I did enjoy. It has a lot of the tropes and elements that romance readers love. I also love the culinary element as part of Miles’ character, the writing of it makes it really delectable.

From Paris, in Love has everything you want. It's the sequel to The Last Encore and this time it follows Miles and Riley. (Finally). It's friends/co-workers to lovers. There's food, friendship and so much tension in it. If you loved The Lat Encore you definitely have to pick up this book.