Cover Image: From Paris, in Love

From Paris, in Love

From Paris, in Love was a cute, sweet romantic story about second chances, Parisian escapes and good food.

This book was a fun, light romance! I loved the idea of sweet pining and the build up of all the angst! The backdrop of Paris with its sparkling lights and whimsical vibes added to the overall romantic ambiance of the novel.

*Thank you to NetGalley and the author for sending me an eARC in exchange for an honest review.*

4.5!

Thank you to Netgalley and the author for the gifted ARC in exchange for an honest review!

Miles and Riley were coworkers before Riley quit and divorced her then-husband and their boss at a PR firm in Canada. Miles had been half in love with Riley while they worked together so when she approaches him to start a PR firm of their own, he’s all in!

This coworkers to friends to lovers romance is lovely and I loved the strong and powerful woman Riley is in her work and her growth period after her divorce. Riley is learning to stand up to her ex-husband and becoming more like she was before her abusive relationship.

Miles has a few of his own personal struggles as well that hold him back from making a move on Riley and then keeping things slow. Miles’ previous long-term relationship ended in a heart-breaking way and between that and his slightly impulsive first reactions to mistreatment of others, he struggles with the chance for a relationship with Riley after all this time.

I really enjoyed this romance! I loved the Paris setting and the way the story was set up for readers to learn a bit more about Riley and Miles if they hadn’t seen them before in The Last Encore. Where this frustrated me was the very end with some of Riley’s choices and then what wouldn’t have been a sufficient enough response if I was in the situation. I can understand how and why this may not bothers others though so it’s definitely a “me issue”!

Fantastic book from start to finish.
The romance was perfect.
It was a great story with wonderful characters and settings.
I love a good friends to lovers book with the right kind of spice,

Thank you netgalley and the publishers for an ARC copy

Absolutely love a steamy he falls first story and this one definitely delivered.

Light and heavy, spicy and sweet. Destination but not without the frustration that often comes with actual travel and can bleed into … well, everything.

Absolutely loved Riley and Miles. I’ll be back to this one.

(Thank you to NetGalley, author and publisher for ARC)

This was such a good, entertaining and a sweet contemporary romance. Definitely a fantastic and quite an unexpected surprise. And I simple can't wait enough to read more from the author in the near future.

𝚁𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐: 4⭐️
𝙶𝚎𝚗𝚛𝚎: contemporary romance 📚

𝙼𝚢 𝚃𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚜:
A sweet romance that covers sensate topics.

𝚁𝚎𝚊𝚍 𝚒𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎:

The cover

𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚜 𝙸 𝚍𝚒𝚍𝚗’𝚝 𝚌𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚏𝚘𝚛:
The ending

𝙵𝚊𝚟𝚘𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚎 𝚀𝚞𝚘𝚝𝚎𝚜:
★ ”I want to kiss her so deeply she forgets her worries and gives me her tomorrows.”
★ “You don’t need me. You want me. And I want you. Just as you are. Wholesome, strong, beautiful, and stubborn… I just want to be by your side, holding your hand while you conquer the world. Just because I want to.”

Friends to lovers and canadians!!
love to see it!

this was such a good book. it was light compared to so many other books i have read and just felt good reading.

first book by author and wont be the last

If you love a good friends to lovers story, or a workplace romance, then this is a book that you need to read. It was fantastic. This is my first book from this author, but it won't be my last.

💻 Business Partners/ Business trip
💕Friends to lovers
🍁 Canadians in England
🌶 Spicyyy
🐶 Doggy dad
⚡️ Forced proximity

Miles and Riley are friends above all. They also created their own PR business in the last year.So let’s say that Miles having a crush and Riley could be very dangerous for their relationship…. Although when they’re both invited to a long trip to Paris (for business and pleasure of course), staying away from each other could be difficult, especially in the City Of Love.

I love the two main characters' personalities. It’s not really an opposite attracts, but they are so complementary. Riley being the sweet but insecure divorcee, and Miles with his baking and rugby personna ? This hunk of a man who just wants to find someone he can love (that loves him back ??) They are both vulnerable with each other. Obviously the ‘Paris’ trip arc is there to install some forced proximity and romantic setting. And boy, did it work !! I’m sure things would have happened no matter what, but traveling just hits different in romance novels !

My biggest red flag is reading books by English speaker writer about France and just suffering through the clichées and awful traduction. BUT IT WAS NOT THE CASE ABOUT THIS BOOK, and yes I was a bit surprised at first. But I read about the author and she’s actually french (or at least grew up there) Knowing there’s people like her makes me really happy. I didn’t even cringe throughout the book !! So rest assured, this is more than an adequate representation of french culture (that actually made me cackle) !

This was fine. I ended up skimming the last quarter because I was just bored with it. I think maybe the pacing was off for me - time was moving quickly but the characters’ intentions just didn't seem to progress? I know a lot of people who loved this one so it could just be a personal wrong book wrong time but I won't be reading again.

From Paris In Love beautifully captures the magic of Paris, and the tension and excitement of falling in love with a friend. It also addresses harder themes of emotional abuse, and learning to trust and respect yourself after being in an abusive relationship.

My only critique is that as a Gynecologist, I was expecting more from the infertility story line. It was sort of included as a plot point to keep the main characters apart without actually explaining what was going on. Just saying "I can't have children" without any other context or discussion would be like having a character say "I'm dying of cancer" and then never explaining it further. The dialog in the book also made it sound as though when someone has infertility, there's basically nothing that can be done, whereas there are several ways to treat or manage male infertility. Millions of couples face infertility, it's a complex, very individual thing, and I can imagine that reading that plot line could be painful or frustrating for anyone who has been through it.

After a rocky marriage and divorce, Riley teams up with her friend Miles for a new business venture. Despite their chemistry, they try to focus on business. An all-expenses-paid trip to Paris tests their feelings. The book is enjoyable, with a fun Parisian setting and gradual romance development. Riley's determination and Miles' struggles with infertility add depth. I wished for more pre-business interactions. Some pacing issues affected engagement. Excited for Elodie's future work!

4.25/5 ⭐️

I honest to god loved these two dummies 🫶🏼
Riley and Miles are polar opposites but complete each other so well
I loved how they would keep each other safe and comfortable. Like even before they started their romantic relationship, they already had a solid friendship and partnership they were building, which just made me love them more. It was just nice to watch unfold, especially their vulnerable moments and the encouragement they gave each other. ESPECIALLY MILES TOWARDS RILEY (protect that man!!) 🥹
The pining, the tension!
God the attraction was obvious, it had me giggling and kicking my feet

And I just truly loved Riley, she was such a strong, bad ass girl boss. Amid the things she went through with her divorce, how she handled everything after, making her own business, she overcame it and came out on top. I am proud and admire her 🥹🫶🏼

thank you NetGalley and Elodie Colliard for the ARC!

This book was such a big war hug, I don't have another way to describe it. I loved how the characters got to know eachother better before dive in, in a relationship. Also I loved that the miscommunication trope was almost inexistente, I do love that grown up people that are able to tell what they are feeling.
Also I every time that the ex husband showed up, I just wanted to unalive in.
This was a very cozy read with amazing cozy vibes that I want to read again

Thank you much for the opportunity to read this arc in exchange for a honest review

Overall, this was such a cute read! And I just have to say, I am in LOVE with the cover.
I absolutely loved Riley; seeing her grow from the beginning of the book to the end was such a beautiful journey. Her unapologetic power was inspiring. Additionally, I love a buttoned-up MMC and Miles fit the bill quite nicely. I am a total sucker for a man who is a SIMP for his girl and Miles was so gone for Riley from the very start.
The scenes where they come through for one another (her comforting him on the plane, him caring for her when she was sick) were so sweet and really made me root for them. There is such a good balance of the sweet with the spice and I think that's so important for romance stories because it feels more well-rounded,
My one gripe (and the only reason I didn't give it five stars) was that the conflict felt a little reductive; Riley and Miles had the same argument but just slightly different each time and it felt like Riley did all of the legwork in the end to resolve it.
All in all, I'd recommend giving this (and The Last Encore) a read for a quick, fun, wanderlust-y romance.
Thank you to Victory Editing NetGalley Co-op and Elodie Colliard for the e-ARC in exchange for my review.

This is my second read by this author and I have to say, I just love the general vibes of her books. I didn't connect as much to the fmc of this book as I did the first in this series, but I did like her and found myself routing for her as she navigates the corporate mess of a world she was stuck in. Her ex is a peice of work and I love how she stood up for herself.

This dude was SO GONE FOR HER right from the get go. Personally, I usually like to see some more tension first, but that doesn't mean I didn't like this set up. Cause while he was head over heels, these two were super stubborn and this turned out to be a slow burn with payoff. *chef's kiss*

I am not French, nor do I speak French, nor have I ever been to France, so I couldn't tell you if it was done accurately. BUT I can say that the french cooking class date night was adorable and totally has been added to my bucket list of date nights. Sign me up for the next trip to Paris, please!

There was third act conflict that, in my opinion, wasn't warranted. I liked how she went on to take a strong stance, but I feel as if he got the short end of the stick. Personally, I needed more from her, as far as groveling goes.

I will be reading this book when any and/or every minor inconvenience happens, and I will not be taking any further questions on this matter😂😂😂. This is a new entry for my 1.) Comfort Reads List 2.) Auto-Buy Author List 3.) Read The Whole Backlist List 4.)Amazing Books That Take Place in Paris Books and 5.) JUST ALL OF THE LISTS!

This was the Summer of Paris books for me AND this one did not disappoint! I mean, come on! A workplace romance with business partners/bffs-lovers, on an all-expense paid work trip to P-A-R-I-S, with LOTS of force proximity AND WINE😍😩 LIKE JUST MELT MY DAMN HEART!

I absolutely adored MILES AND RILEY so much, I can’t even….that is all and I will never emotionally recover from these characters😩💕

5.00⭐️

Special thanks to the author for an advance copy to read and honestly review!!

OH MY FRENCH GOD! I think this book has just become one of my comfort books. I felt so giddy inside while reading.

The book began so beautifully, with them starting this dream together, and it only grew from there. The friendship that these two had was wonderful and heartwarming, but it was clear from the beginning that there was a bit more than just that between them (especially on Miles' part). Miles was a delight and the kind of man that makes your heart swoon and your insides do a happy dance. He had me under his spell since the first chapter and I don't think I will ever be out of it. Riley was just as phenomenal. This is what I call a driven and powerful woman. She came out stronger after the divorce and it made me so happy to see her standing up for herself and her aspirations. Miles and Riley together? I have two words: dream team! They were so in sync with one another, that it's no surprise they worked so well together on all the levels.

The plot was great and I adored the Paris setting. This book is definitely going on my favorites list. It was that good. Even better than the cover, and the cover is on one of the most beautiful covers I've ever seen. Book your flight to Paris, romance lovers!

Sophomore slump is nothing for the author as she comes out with book 2 of a series of three… and don’t worry, they’re all Standalones but work delightfully well when you know some of the secondary characters in each one.

This is the story of Miles and Riley and it’s full of love and depth as they explore the office place romance and healing after an abusive marriage. The backdrop is Paris but the story is all about healing. And a love that is equal in every way.

The scenes of when they arrive in France made me giggle because I swear that was my first reaction too. It’s only after you start exploring the city that you see the allure and charm of the city of love.

The city of love was just the nudge to give our two MCs the push they needed 🩷

This was such a cute book!

Read if you like:
💌 Workplace romance
💌 Lots of pining
💌 Forced proximity
💌 He falls first

I fell in love with the gorgeous cover of this book, and the book was just so cute!

The book centres around Miles and Riley who are starting up their own PR firm after being former colleagues at a previous firm - a firm that was owned by Riley’s ex husband.

The pining and tension in this book is so good because they’re great friends that clearly have chemistry, but are hesitant due to the future of their firm. This is understandable, but obviously it’s a lost cause👀

They then go on a PR trip to Paris for their first client, and I just adored it! Paris is an amazing city, and it just captured the vibes SO well. I honestly couldn’t put it down, and was just waiting for them to get together.

The romance and spice was sooo good and all the tension just made it so rewarding! Where can I get my own Miles?🥹

<i>“She’s magnetic, and I’m stuck in her orbit”</i>

I also appreciate how the book deals with some heavier topics making it more than just a regular romance book. It adds some nice nuance to the characters, and makes their love story that much sweeter💗

I only wished the characters had been explored a bit more. There were times where I didn’t really understand why they reacted/acted as they did which created some frustration while reading. This happened a bit more towards the end in order to “draw out” their getting together and it felt a bit unnecessary.

All in all, this was such a cute romance read! Beware that you will want to drink lots of wine and eat lots of desserts while/after reading🫶

Thank you so much to Elodie for reaching out and sending me the ARC and writing such a lovely story!

TWs include: domestic abuse, infertility