Cover Image: From Paris, in Love

From Paris, in Love

๐Ÿ’ญ แดส แด›สœแดแดœษขสœแด›๊œฑ:
I absolutely loved this one. So so much! I fell in love with Miles and Riley. They are both such unique and real characters. They have both been through the heartache of life, just like all of us. It was pure, raw and a proper emotional rollercoaster. But also incredibly funny, steamy (!!) and heartwarming. I continue to be impressed by Elodie's writing. I was in it and the ache to "just read one more chapter" was real.. Adding the beauty of Paris and French winery's making it only more complete. Must read!
โญ๏ธโญ๏ธโญ๏ธโญ๏ธโญ๏ธ

๐Ÿค“ ส€แด‡แด€แด… ษช๊œฐ สแดแดœ สŸษชแด‹แด‡:
Character built (damaged characters)
Multiple POVs
Forbidden Love
Steam
French Cuisine

๊œฑสษดแดแด˜๊œฑษช๊œฑ:
๐˜”๐˜ช๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜Š๐˜ญ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฌ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ด ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜บ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ๐˜ด ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ง๐˜ฆ. ๐˜ž๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ญ, ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฐ๐˜ด๐˜ต ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜บ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ. ๐˜ˆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฆ๐˜น๐˜ค๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ธ ๐˜ซ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฃ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ต ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜จ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฎ ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜บ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ข๐˜บ, ๐˜ข ๐˜ด๐˜ช๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ฅ๐˜ด, ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜ข๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ป๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ณ๐˜ถ๐˜จ๐˜ฃ๐˜บ ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ฎ ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ฉ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ต ๐˜ง๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜›๐˜บ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ, ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ข ๐˜ด๐˜ถ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ถ๐˜ด๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ด ๐˜ฑ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ต๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ, ๐˜™๐˜ช๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜บ. ๐˜‰๐˜ถ๐˜ต ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ด๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ณ๐˜ถ๐˜ญ๐˜บ ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๐˜ด, ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ท๐˜ฆ. ๐˜Œ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ช๐˜ง ๐˜ช๐˜ต ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ด ๐˜ฌ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฑ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ง๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ๐˜ด ๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜™๐˜ช๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜บ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฎ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ง.

๐˜™๐˜ช๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜บ ๐˜๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ฌ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ. ๐˜ˆ๐˜ง๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ข๐˜ญ ๐˜บ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ด ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ข ๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ค๐˜ฌ๐˜บ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ข๐˜จ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ต ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ช๐˜ด๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ, ๐˜ด๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆโ€™๐˜ด ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฎ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ค๐˜ญ๐˜ข๐˜ช๐˜ฎ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ง๐˜ฆ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ด๐˜ฐ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ค๐˜ถ๐˜ด ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ธ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ถ๐˜ด๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ด ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ฉ ๐˜”๐˜ช๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด. ๐˜™๐˜ช๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜บ ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ง๐˜ถ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต ๐˜ด๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ข๐˜ด ๐˜ต๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ท๐˜ช๐˜ข๐˜ญ ๐˜ข๐˜ด ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ต๐˜ณ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ข ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜จ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜บ. ๐˜Œ๐˜ด๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ค๐˜ช๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ญ๐˜บ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ด๐˜ข๐˜ช๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ญ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜จ๐˜ถ๐˜ฆ.

๐˜ž๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜บ ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง๐˜ง๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ญ-๐˜ฆ๐˜น๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ด-๐˜ฑ๐˜ข๐˜ช๐˜ฅ ๐˜ต๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฑ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜—๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ฌ ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ฉ ๐˜ข ๐˜ค๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ต ๐˜ข๐˜ต ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฏ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ข๐˜ญ ๐˜ž๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ ๐˜๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ท๐˜ข๐˜ญ, ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ต๐˜ถ๐˜ฏ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜บ ๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ง๐˜ช๐˜ณ๐˜ฎ ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ๐˜ฐ ๐˜จ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ด ๐˜ถ๐˜ฑ. ๐˜‰๐˜ถ๐˜ต ๐˜ต๐˜ธ๐˜ฐ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฌ๐˜ด ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ๐˜จ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ญ๐˜ฅ'๐˜ด ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฐ๐˜ด๐˜ต ๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ค ๐˜ค๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜บ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ถ๐˜ต๐˜ด ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ช๐˜ณ ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ฐ๐˜ญ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ต ๐˜ข๐˜ด ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ธ๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜บ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜บ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ช๐˜ณ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ช๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด.

This book was really sweet! The characters were fun, and their romance was believable. The pining from both sides was really compelling, and I liked that we got quite a bit of slowburn before they got together - it made the payoff that much sweeter. I found the plot a bit weak - the Paris trip and scenes in Paris felt a little disjointed, and I wish there'd been more development of that portion of the book, especially since it's the titular location! I also didn't like the third-act breakup and complication - it felt really out of character and just unnecessary, put in there for the sake of a complication in the eleventh hour. There was a lot going on in this book, and in some ways, I think it would've benefitted from delving deeper into a few select topics, rather than tackling so many but briefly. Regardless, it was a fun and light romcom with humour, steam, and delicious romance!

2 โญ๏ธ This book was a solid 3.5 until THAT ending.

Seriously, what in the fresh h*ll was that?

This could have been a super cute romcom with great friends to lovers feels -and the CUTEST dog! - until the fmc when into full selfish a**hole mode and did exactly what she's spent the entire book saying she would hate if anyone did it to her. If the mmc would've behaved the way the fmc does here, I wouldn't even consider this a romance. It would be a story about how a guy tricks a woman into starting and funding a company together, only for him to use and manipulate her so he can get revenge on his abusive ex. It would be about an abusive, toxic dude doing manipulative, toxic dude things. Instead this is supposed to be romantic? She's been through an abusive relationship where she was belittled, kept out of her own property and put down at every turn. But not that she's the one doing it and not taking it, all of the sudden 'I love you' fixes it? Seriously?

You know it's bad when I'm rooting for the mmc instead of the fmc. I support women's rights and wrongs, but come on...

What really drives the situation even further down the spiral of hypocrisy here is the complete lack of grovelling by the fmc. She ends up love bombing him just so she doesn't have to fully apologise for abandoning him in Paris after spending several days together in bed, so she can basically run back to try to stick it to her abusive ex-husband and take complete control of the company they share, with zero input from the mmc.

I don't know. Maybe it's my abandonment issues talking, maybe it's the terrible fmc with zero regard for her partner's feelings (much like her abusive ex)... But just no. I would absolutely not recommend this.

I'm truly trying to remember a more disappointing end to a romcom, and I can't think of one.

I will say, though, the cover is GORGEOUS!!

Thank you so much Net Galley for the eARC - This review will be posted on Goodreads soon :)

I do believe I am being a little generous with my rating but this is the first book I have picked up from this author and I did find it thoroughly enjoyable. The male main character was so swoony and I really enjoyed his perspective. The female main character I found to be fine, but I never really connected with her, I will say she was a divorcee and from an abusive relationship (which is not a spoiler) so while I found her hesitations when it came to the relationship annoying I could not really blame her as I could not imagine being in that perspective.

Lovely romance novel! Easy to read and super entertaining, features plenty of beloved tropes and it's very well-written, in general.
I find the strongest point to be the lead characters: both Riley and Miles are complex, flawed and ultimately very relatable and lovable. Their past struggles affect their relationship with each other and it feels very realistic and healing.
For me, though, the back-and-forth drags a little bit. Though it is realistic, them facing the same inner struggles twice or thrice before actually moving on and talking to each other could have been streamlined.
It also feels very American (or Canadian), to the point that I was surprised that the author was born in France. The portrayal of Paris in particular is very American-centric and veeery rose-colored. This makes sense, given the target audience and the success of media like Emily in Paris, but it can hinder the enjoyment of the book in European markets.
In all, it was very good and enjoyable, and I'm glad I got to discover the author.

This was super cute! Iโ€™m not the biggest friends to lovers fan, but I found this one to be such a good time. The Parisian vibes, the depth of Milesโ€™ love for Riley, the spiceโ€”everything was just so fun and cute!!

I also felt that this book dealt with important topics (infertility and domestic abuse) with great care. The struggles of these characters felt so real, and their vulnerabilities made me love them even more. Milesโ€™ story really put me in my feels. I wasnโ€™t expecting the angst/slight emotional pain that this book put me through, but I honestly loved what it added to the story!

The tension and spicy scenes were SO good. Definitely recommend!

Over all this was a really cute read. I was very excited to read it after loving Elodieโ€™s first book, and thankful for being able to read the ARC. This releases on sept 26, 2023.

Unfortunately this one just did not hit as much as the first one did for me. I did notice elodieโ€™s writing is much stronger since the first book! But I did have a hard time making my brain go back-and-forth between milesโ€™ perspective and Rileyโ€™s perspective because they both sounded the same in my head as I was reading (typically I can immediately clue into the POV Iโ€™m reading if I lose track for some reason - maybe audio would be better for this idea!)

I also was hoping for a little bit more of the Paris setting. Elodie knows how to write a sex scene! I just wish we couldโ€™ve traded a few of those for more โ€œworld buildingโ€œ if you will.

Congratulations, Elodie, on your second book! Iโ€™m very excited for the third one!! ๐Ÿ˜Š

This is a friends-to-lover story between Miles and Riley. Miles and Riley are work friends who are now friends and coworkers, While Riley has been dealing with her abusive husband Miles has had a thing for Riley but has kept a distance
when they become partners in business there is more reason for Mile to keep some distance although Rile is divorced and available

This was a great read. I devoured it however I did sometimes find Miles's character a little out of his usual character and I couldn't;t reconcile

All in all this was a great read with deeper topics

I thoroughly enjoyed this story about two business partners and friends who fall in love while battling enormous odds. The romance that develops between Riley and Miles on their trip to Paris is full of passion and so much pining on both their parts, and Riley's villainous ex brings the requisite tension to the storyline. The city of Paris and the vineyard in the surrounding countryside are fun settings, and the struggle of each character with their own self-doubts and insecurities makes for a dynamic plot. Secondary characters like Tyler, Miles's rugby teammate and friend, and Myriam, a French vineyard owner and potential collaborator, also add interest to the story. Riley's ultimate triumph over the efforts of her sleazy ex, Sean, to bring her and her company down, makes a satisfying conclusion to the story. Readers looking for a story filled with slow-burn romance, triumph over adversity, and a woman's discovery that she can hold her own in a business rife with misogyny will enjoy this novel.

He. Falls. First.

That's it, that's all I needed to know before diving into this books. It's no surprise that I fell in love with this book, because of that trope alone. It was so well written and did a fantastic job at diving into these characters and really showing their complexities wholly.

Also the fact that it was in Paris? I mean come on, that city has a grip on my heart and any books that are written with characters in Paris are automatically going to be a fan favourite for me.

This book was so sweet and written so well, Elodie did an amazing job with the story and definitely made me a fan of her work with this book alone!

Thank you NetGalley for the eARC in exchange for an honest review.

If you love a good overseas romance with a lot of spiceโ€” this is your book!

In her sophomore novel, #indieauthor Elodie Colliard (@elosreadingcorner) sweeps us off to France for a super steamy love affair! This follows the story of Milesโ€” the brother featured in Elodieโ€™s first book, The Last Encore.

What to expectโ€ฆ
- friends to lovers
- office love
- travel

Things I loooovvvedโ€ฆ
- the badass female MC
- Milesโ€™ patience with, and devotion to, Riley
- the dreamy setting

I really appreciated the way Elodie wrote Riley. She certainly wasnโ€™t perfect, and didnโ€™t always make the right decisions. But, given the situation she had just gotten out of, I think her decisions and apprehensions were incredibly realistic and justified. I thought Elodie wrote her with care and compassion, but also made her very realistic and relatable.

Now, the spice! Colliardโ€™s books are not for the faint of heart. She writes her steamy scenes VERY well, but they are definitely spicy! So if thatโ€™s not your thing, this may not be for you. If it is, pick this up! Youโ€™ll love it!

"From Paris, in Love" by Elodie Colliard is a delightful addition to the "It's Always Been You" series. This book navigates the charming 'he falls first' co-worker-to-lovers romance between Miles and Riley, and it's Colliard's best work yet. After meeting Miles in the first book, I was looking forward to his chance at love, and this story delivered.
Miles is a captivating character, a rugby player turned PR professional, and his chemistry with Riley, his business partner, is electric. Riley, who's recovering from an abusive marriage, is determined not to rely on anyone but finds herself drawn to Miles' magnetic charm.
What truly stood out in this book was the way it tackled important themes. Miles' commitment to therapy and personal growth was refreshing to see, and the portrayal of healthy friendships, particularly between Miles and his best friend Tyler, added depth to the story.
Both characters felt real and relatable, working on their flaws while respecting each other's boundaries. Their relationship's progression was comfortable to witness, making this a heartwarming and genuinely enjoyable read. Colliard's storytelling shines with authenticity, making "From Paris, in Love" a must-read for romance enthusiasts.

Things I loved:
ูญ The slow burn! It was so tension-filled, with the mutual pining from the dual POV, with that forbidden aspect because theyโ€™ve started a business together. But boy, when the slow burn quickens, these two are straight up fire!
ูญ Miles is such a beautiful character. He is kind and decent and unafraid to be vulnerable. I love his relationship with Tyler - how they are a real support system, allowing each other to truly open up and express their emotions.
ูญ Riley is a badass. Sheโ€™s healing from a past abusive relationship, re-finding herself, taking control of her life and trying unsuccessfully to not fall in love with Miles.
ูญ The Paris setting really added to the story. The forced proximity, the romance, the food. It was the perfect place for these two to finally give in to the tension and make things official!
ูญ The emphasis on female empowerment in the corporate world and how Riley navigates grown men acting like giant babies.
ูญ The infertility rep in this was heartbreaking but also a different POV I hadnโ€™t read before, as itโ€™s Miles who is unable to have children. The toll that this takes on his self-esteem and his ability to have genuine and long term romantic relationships was painful to read about, but I liked this insight.
ูญ Their communication was wonderful, but at times, they let their insecurities and past get in the way. Riley was incredibly stubborn and pushed Miles away a lot and Miles made lots of assumptions that put a strain on their relationship, too. Iโ€™m glad they could get it together by the end!
ูญ I also loved Avery and Josh making an appearance and having an insight into their love story :)

UGH! I loved this so much!! This comes out on Sept 26. Highly recommend!

Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for this ARC!

I was so excited to read this book! I read The Last Encore by ร‰lodie Colliard and I really liked it, so I was so excited to see that this book was about Avery's brother, Miles! This is an interconnected standalone so you donโ€™t need to read the first book in order to understand what happens in this book! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Some of my highlight of this book:
โค๏ธ The tropes in this book are top tier! It was friends to lovers, workplace romance (and SHEโ€™S the boss ๐Ÿคญ), he falls firstโ€ฆ All these tropes were so well done!

๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท Miles is one of my top book boyfriends now... He was literally the perfect guy! He was so sweet, he cooks and bakes, and heโ€™s absolutely and completely in love with Riley and I loved it so much! I also love his relationship with his sister and the love they have for one another.

โค๏ธ I love strong FMC, and wow, Riley was the ultimate definition of girl boss! I absolutely loved her and how strong she was despite everything sheโ€™s been through. I love how she got through her divorce and how she handled her annoying ex. I loved how she was the boss and her attitude.

๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท I was transported to Paris while reading, and I loved it! It made me want to go book a place ticket and go experience that city of love for myself! I love all the odes to Paris that were included in this book!

โค๏ธ Miles and Rileyโ€™s relationship was so fun to read! Their friends to lovers and coworker dynamic really added to the tension and pinning between one another, and I was LIVING for it! ๐Ÿคญ They were so well matched and I loved how they were both Alphas, and I also loved their banter, silly nicknames and their deep feelings and love for one another.

๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท The playlist for this book was amazing and really helped bring the book together .

If you want a sweet friends to lovers story filled with so much pinning, strolling along France, wine talk, and strong female and male characters, this book is for you!

Thank you so much ร‰lodie Coloiar and NetGalley for an Arc of this book! Out September 25th!

4.5โญ๏ธ

I read about 65% of this book and found I had to myself to keep reading and that is not a good sign. Here were my thoughts: I love friends to lovers and workplace romances so much! I liked both Miles and Riley to be decent characters. I love dual point of view in romances but I didn't enjoy the amount of flip flopping the in early chapters. I also felt as though Miles idolized Riley more than loving her as a person. I love pining and he falls first, but it didn't feel as though he saw her an equal partner which weirded me out a bit. Like even in her saying they shouldn't have kissed he framed it as him being a terrible person. with no control like she didn't kiss him back... The ex-husband plot line felt so heavy handed. Im what world would she not have her abusive ex-husband blocked? And the whole infertility issue added on top of their relationship drama going on? It may seem like it would be interesting but I found myself bored and rolling my eyes.

This was my first romance in a long time <3 and it was the best little ride :โ€™) โญ๏ธโญ๏ธโญ๏ธโญ๏ธ

Itโ€™s a friends to lovers/workplace romance story! Miles had been eyeing Riley for years. Riley just got out of a rocky marriage.

AND THEN THEY START TO WORK CLOSELY TOGETHER ;) at home and IN PARIS. We love forced proximity! I felt like I was watching a movie with two stubborn characters who wouldnโ€™t make a move ๐Ÿ˜‚ I especially LOVED how competitive they were. With just about everything lol. Kind of likeโ€ฆwhoโ€™s going to give in first?

But this story has more than romance. Both of these characters have gone through a lot. Thereโ€™s trauma and hurt from the past. Each of them GOING THRU IT. So Iโ€™m happy there were conversations (and arguments) about it. Nothing was too glossed over in my opinion.

Itโ€™s a super cute read and Iโ€™m so grateful to the author for sending me an arc on NetGalley! ๐Ÿฉท

I recommend this book if you like wholesome love, romantic cities, baking desserts, and a lil spice ๐ŸŒถ๏ธ๐ŸŒถ๏ธ๐Ÿฅต

A few more honorable mentions:

The Friends references were amazing!
I had many jaw dropping moments ๐Ÿ‘€
The chapter titles are song titles!!

Quotes I loved:

โ€œSheโ€™s magnetic, and Iโ€™m stuck in her orbit.โ€
โ€œCall me sir one more time and see what happensโ€ฆโ€
โ€œYouโ€™re such a Monica Gellarโ€

TW:
Domestic abuse, infertility

I truly didnโ€™t think it was possible to love Elodieโ€™s second book more than her first but Riley and Miles story takes the cake. I love a he falls first, grumpy sunshine, friends to lovers slow burn romance. The fact that Miles always had a crush on Riley, even when she was married he was respectful and never crossed a line. Once Riley ended her abusive relationship she became a badass independent woman and their relationship slowly blossomed from a friendship to a love they couldnโ€™t deny. Overcoming many obstacles these two came out on top.
A special topic in this story was infertility. As many of you know this topic is near and dear to my heart and the way the author wrote about this was spot on. The heartbreak and loneliness it causes. But to see it from a males perspective it was very enlightening and eye opening. Thank you for taking such care in writing about a sensitive topic.
I cannot say enough good things about this book! Run, donโ€™t walk to preorder it now!

From Paris, in Love guides readers through the โ€˜he falls first,โ€™ co-workers to lovers romance of Miles and Riley. Book 2 in the โ€œItโ€™s Always Been Youโ€ series, FPIL is Elodie Colliardโ€™s best yet! We are big fans of The Last Encore (book 1) and ever since meeting Miles (older brother to the FMC in book 1) we couldnโ€™t wait to hear if he gets the girl!

Miles is a rugby playing, PR firm professional, starting up a new firm with the girl of his dreams- Riley. Riley has left an abusive marriage and is determined to โ€˜need no manโ€™ but canโ€™t help but find herself drawn to Miles magnetism.

Without too many spoilers, hereโ€™s some things I loved about this book:
- Miles is in therapy, โ€˜doing the workโ€™ to grow and work through trauma from an earlier life event. He discusses this growth with those he is comfortable around and it is normalized- love seeing this!
- Miles has a best friend (Tyler) who he confides in and actually TALKS to- I loved seeing this side of Miles and the representation of healthy, supportive friendships. This is often done with FMCs, but not as often with MMCs. Bravo, Elodie!!
- Both characters are human- flawed, but working on it. They respected each others space. They respected boundaries. It was comfortable to watch their relationship progress- never cringey!

All of those elements had me invested in the story, but if you follow @those.book.besties, you know we also love some steamy/spicy scenes- and this book DELIVERED!!! It was the perfect balance.

You can absolutely read either The Last Encore or From Paris, in Love as standalones, and we highly recommend you check them out!

This was such a sweet follow up to The Last Encore! I know how hard Elodie worked on it and how much time she put into it and it is such a great result!! Miles and Riley were such a good friends to lovers, with a bunch of forced proximity, TONS of mutual pining because theyโ€™re convinced their relationship could never go anywhere. They both had been through so much, and their individual journeyโ€™s were written so well! I loved watching everything unfold!

I loved the two of them together. They were fun, and such good friends! Their tension was off the charts and their chemistry was SO GOOD. Miles fell so hard the second he met Riley, and even though itโ€™s been complicated since, he never totally gave up hope! Even though he was SURE it would never work??

I loved how vulnerable Miles was about his infertility, we donโ€™t often get a guys perspective on infertility. And I thought it was written well, and his struggles with his ex were raw and real. And I loved that even though he was still sad about his decisions, he was sticking with it and not willing to get hurt over it again. Everything with Riley and her ex was also written so well. I loved watching her take back her life, become her own person again.

I did not love how they communicated. They just werenโ€™t very good at it? Every time they had a misunderstanding one of them would end up yelling and stomping away. Riley overreacted many times, her words, and while I thought her thoughts were valid, she never really gave her and Miles a real chance to talk. And every time she would sort of compare him to her ex he got so upset. Which again, is so frustrating and a valid response. But I feel like they could have just communicated better, been more open and vulnerable all of the time or something.

But I did love them together! I did think they were such a good match!! Once they realized life isnโ€™t going to be perfect, but they wanted to do it together anyway?? It was so sweet!

Thank you so much to Elodie Colliard, Netgalley, and Victory Editing NetGalley Co-op in exchange for an honest review!!

SOOO MUCH PINING!! AHHH I LOVED THIS! I could feel the tension coming off the pages! Elodie Colliard created such lovable characters and I cannot wait to read more from this author!