Cover Image: Leave No Trace

Leave No Trace

The concept of this book intrigued me starting with the terrorist attach on the Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor. As the Parks Service Investigator and the FBI worked together to uncover the group we were treated to a look at various national parks. As has become pretty standard there is a government higher up who is part of the conspiracy and well as radical forces in the country. Since the terrorist group was internal and not a foreign group it strikes close to home. Dissatisfaction with government today is becoming a common topic.

Wow, what a ride. From the first page of Leave No Trace: A National Parks Thriller by A. J. Landau, Jon Land, and Jeff Ayers until the end, I was on the edge of my seat. This is too close to present-day events and a bit scary to think that this could eventually happen.

I loved the characters of Gina Delgado and Michael Walker. I wonder if there will be more with these characters. I hope so.

I learned so much about the national parks and history in general, with each chapter opening with a fact about a monument or location.

Leave No Trace is a wild ride that won't disappoint. There is so much action, intrigue, and suspense that will keep you reading well into the night.

A very good book and plot.

#NetGalley @StMartinsPress

Fast paced thriller with a believable plot in today's political climate. Was happy to see a setup for a possible sequel and would gladly recommend widely.