Cover Image: The Sunrise Swimming Society

The Sunrise Swimming Society

This book was a very angsty book. Lots of emotions. The book is about friendship and the losing of friendships. We journey through each woman’s self discovery. I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced free copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own. I received a copy from the publisher through NetGalley.

Rosie Hannigan captured my heart with The Moonlight Gardening Club. So when I saw this book I had to snag it. She's now two for two. The book is easy to read. It held my interest from beginning. I found the characters relatable. Overall, it's just a good book

Lauren,Naimh and Heather,best friends during their teenage years and nutured by Lauren's grandmother Rosemary. All four of them swam in the lake at Rosemary's House every sunrise. There would be hot drinks and breakfast while getting dried and changed and this brought the girls even closer.
Then, as sometimes happens the girls start to argue,wanting different things from life and not agreeing with some of the choices being made.
The girls parting is acrimonious and they don't speak again for 15yrs.
I absolutely loved this book. Grandmother Rosemary was such a lovely person ,helping wherever she could. The three girls, now women all had some sort of problems in their life and no best friend to share it with. I was urging them throughout the book to listen to each other.
I liked all the characters and empathised with them.
I shed sad and happy tears at the ending which finished the story of nicely and was very poignant.
I don’t think I've read anything by this author but I'm certainly going to look her up after reading this.
5 stars all the way!