Cover Image: The Night of the Sleepover

The Night of the Sleepover

Another great book by Kerry. I was hooked right from the start! So many twists and turns! I can’t wait for the sequel!

Thank you NetGalley, Kerry and bookouture for the ARC!

This story has a lot of twists. It was a bit slow with the back and forth but it was good overall, with an entertaining writing style.

Thank you to NetGalley, publisher and author, for allowing me to read this fabulous ARC in exchange for an honest review. I am a very happy camper when I get to read the latest book from this author. The reason is, I know that I am always in for a treat in terms of twists, turns and shocking surprises. What a story, what a beginning and what an ending! What I originally thought had happened was shocking enough but then there is a surprise I did not see coming. This author has a wonderful way of telling a story that keeps you on the edge of your seat. Every time! Every book!

Kerry Wilkinson does a fantastic job in creating a scary concept that most people have had experience in. The idea of three girls going missing during a sleepover and one was left is terrifying. It was written perfectly and I was engaged with the story overall. It had great twists and a wonderful psychological feel for me.

I really enjoyed this book, although I'm not entirely sure what to think of the ending. After hearing that there will be a sequel, I'm really excited to pick that one up.
This was the first book I read by this author and it certainly won't be the last!

Twist and turns galore. Great, easy read with plausible characters.

Thank you to the publisher, Netgalley and the author for an advanced copy

5/5

Four girls close their eyes. Only one wakes up.
Leah and she are having a sleepover after a fun evening they go to sleep, but the next morning, when Leah wakes, she sees three empty sleeping bags. The other girls are gone.
Twenty years later, a documentary is being made about the night Leah’s friends disappeared, but someone knows what happened the night of the sleepover. Will she find out what happened to her friends ?

I had a great time reading this it was a gripping thriller that kept me guessing till the end. I listened to the audio for this, and it was easy to listen to and follow the story.

Thank you to Netgalley, Bookouture, and Kerry Wilkinson for an advance copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

A well-written thriller filled with unreliable narrators all telling their version of an event that is any parent’s nightmare - the disappearance of their children.

Leah’s thoughts get more confused and you really sympathise with her; the tortured thoughts she has about being the one left behind.

The twist punches you right in the gut, when it comes.

A great book!

Looking forward to the sequel.

Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for this ARC. This will hook you from the start!! So good! Lots of twists, fast paced!

Another great one from Kerry Wilkinson! I was hooked from the first page and I wasn’t disappointed. Suspense right down to the end. Thanks to NetGalley for the privilege to read and review this book.

A brilliant book
Plenty of twists and turns
Didn’t see the ending
Will have you hooked
Thanks NetGalley

i usually love Kerry Wilkinson's but this one was a mixed bag. I enjoyed most of it, was disappointed by the final twist.
Many thanks to the publisher for this ARC, all opinions are mine

I found the story line for this book to be compelling - however the story did not excite me at ALL. I felt it to be repetitive, and it felt like a chore to read. I may try again at a later date to finish the book, but for now it’s not it.

The Night of the Sleepover is a is a well-crafted thriller with a captivating plot that delves into the mystery of a chilling disappearance during a childhood sleepover. With a tense atmosphere and well-crafted suspense, this book keeps readers hooked from start to finish.

Leah and her three best friends, plan a sleepover at Leah's house. Everything seems normal until Leah wakes up the next morning and discovers that her three friends have disappeared without a trace. Twenty years later, the mystery remains unsolved, haunting Leah, who can't shake off the rumours and whispers about that fateful night.

The author does an excellent job of building tension and maintaining a sense of unease throughout the narrative. The dual timeline adds depth to the story, allowing readers to explore the events of that night and the present-day consequences, creating an intriguing dual timeline that slowly unveils the truth. Leah, the sole survivor of the sleepover, has carried the burden of not knowing what happened to her friends for twenty years. The rumours and whispers in her small hometown have haunted her, and she's determined to uncover the truth by keeping you engaged, and the intricate web of secrets and lies gradually unravels, providing a satisfying resolution. Leah's determination to uncover the truth and her relentless pursuit of answers make her a compelling and relatable character.

As a documentary is being made about the night of the sleepover, the tension builds, and you can feel that the answers are finally within reach. An anonymous email further adds to the suspense, creating an atmosphere of imminent danger and intrigue. If you enjoy mysteries with compelling characters and a sense of impending danger, this book is a must-read. It's a tense and thrilling journey that explores the consequences of a long-buried secret and the enduring impact of that fateful night.

It's a story about friendship, loss, and the search for closure. If you enjoy mysteries with well-paced suspense and compelling characters, this book is a must-read. Kerry Wilkinson has delivered a page-turner that will keep you hooked until the very end.

The author does an excellent job of creating an atmosphere of mystery and intrigue. The characters are well-developed and relatable, and Leah's journey to find the truth is both compelling and emotional. The story keeps you guessing, with unexpected twists and revelations that will leave you shocked.

When she was fifteen Leah went on a sleepover at her friend's house. The four girls had pizza, watched movies, told ghost stories & drank vodka. When Leah woke up in the morning the other three girls were gone. It was never discovered where they went & many did not believe that Leah didn't know more than she was telling. Remaining in the area meant she never quite escaped the gossip & every few years the story made a comeback. Now as the twenty fifth anniversary approaches a documentary is going to be made about the mystery. Leah is asked to contribute. Before she meets the director she receives an anonymous email telling her to stop the documentary- but why? Is someone out there who knows the truth?

This was an engaging read & as for the ending- I won't go there, but I can't wait until book 2! Thanks to Netgalley & the publisher for letting me read & review this great book!

Another triumph from Kerry Wilkinson. I have never been disappointed by one of his books.
Leah & her friends are having a sleepover, but the next morning only Leah is there asleep on the living room floor. Where are the other 3 girls?
That question had still not been answered 20 years later, when Owen, the brother of one of the missing girls decides to make a documentary to try to find answers.
Leah receives threatening texts telling her that she needs to put an end to Owen's documentary, but she has no idea who is sending them.
The book was a great read and I couldn't put it down. I was in a hurry to find out the answers to the unanswered questions. The ending was a huge surprise, and I can't wait to read the sequel!

This is the first book by Kerry Wilkinson that I have read. Initially, I felt the story line didn't really grip me. However, once I got into the story I really enjoyed it. There was a lot of mystery around the characters and the night of the sleepover. Thank you to Kerry Wilkinson and NetGalley for the opportunity to read and review this book.

The Night of the Sleepover by Kerry Wilkinson
Bookouture
23 October 2023- Available Now!
4⭐️

I throughly enjoyed this book! I loved how it dealt with before, during, and after the "infamous" sleepover as well as present time. My favorite thing(s) were the clues in the book. At first, I didn't realize they were clues, just pieces of character information, but when I read the ending, it all just came together! Loved the twist ending btw!!
Thank you, Netgalley, Bookouture, and Kerry Wilkinson, for providing me with this ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Another great read from Kerry Wilkinson that will keep you guessing until the very end, and then some. I highly recommend this book and author.
Thanks NetGalley and Bookouture for this ARC

Thank you NetGalley and Bookoutire for the ARC of this book. It was slow reading and not very thrilling. I finished it because I wanted closure which there was with a nice twist at the end. There will be a sequel, but I didn't get enough to want to read more. It was just a so-so kind of story.