I had high hopes for this one. The premise sounded super promising, but it fell flat for me. There’s slow burn and then there’s this. I felt like nothing happened for the first three-quarters of the book, and then suddenly - BAM! The twist at the end, while not entirely believable, did redeem the book quite a bit.

Thanks to NetGalley and Bookouture for the advance copy!

I have received this ARC from NetGalley and the publisher in exchange for an honest review. So thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for this opportunity!

This one unfortunately wasn’t for me. I forced myself into finishing it because I simply can’t dnf books but I didn’t really enjoy my time reading it.
I hope the right audience enjoys it!

I Love a good psychological thriller. The story was suspenseful and fast-paced which I love. Leah and 3 of her friends had a sleepover when they were 15 years old. The next morning Leah wakes up to find all of her friends gone-vanished-missing. Fast forward years later to when a documentary is being made about the disappearances. Crazy things start happening to Leah. The disappearances are still unsolved . So many twists and turns throughout the story but the ending left me with questions. I received This book as an arc in exchange for my honest review

This book is well written and with good characters, and like most British crime, it's really slow. Unfortunately, that isn't the only problem, as there is no real plot, the mystery isn't even a mystery, and all the unnecessary jumping back and forth in time doesn't help at all.

My kind of suspense/thriller - short, to the point and that ending! Did not see that ending coming!
Four girls, weekly sleepovers - four happy girl friends, until 3 disappear and 1 wakes up.
Almost twenty years later, a filmmaker is determined to uncover the truth. A younger brother of one of the missing girls, he pushes Leah for any hint of a lie.
Mysterious emails threatening to reveal the truth, Leah desperately tries to remember any detail she may have overlooked.
I loved the audio - had me hooked!

Thank you NetGalley and Bokkouture for the eArc The Night of the Sleepover.
This was a good quick read. I honestly thought I knew what the ending was going to be but there was a big twist no one saw coming. I will definitely be reading the second book coming out in December.

Wow....
Leah and her teenage friends have a sleepover but when Leah wakes the next morning she's alone. 24 years later the mystery remains...what happened to the others? A documentary threatens to unearth the answers and bring back what happened that night.
I absolutely loved this book it kept me completely engrossed and hanging on every word. I didn't see the end coming and the audible gasp that escaped me at 80% when it hit me was crazy. I can't wait to read the sequel and more by this author.
Thank you to netgalley and the author for the opportunity to read/review this amazing ARC.

And then there was one...

It feels like so long since I've had a "Kerry-fix" so naturally I was eager to dive into this little mystery surrounding a teenage sleepover. And while the little town in which they live is not referred to by name, I do note the mention of Whitecliff with regards to a slightly non-important character. And it made me ponder, will there be more Whitecliff mysteries? But back to the sleepover...

Just before Christmas 1999, when the world was awash with the hype surrounding the Y2K millenium bug that was supposedly going to crash all computers whent he clock ticked over on New Year's Eve, Leah and her three best friends - Vicky, Jasmine and Harriet - are enjoying a sleepover complete with vodka, pizza and gossip. As sleep slowly came, each of the girls crashed out and all was quiet. When Sunday morning dawned with its choral cacophony of birdsong, Leah opened her eyes and looked over at her sleeping friends...except they weren't there. All three of them were gone, their sleeping bags empty. And they were never seen again.

Now twenty four years later, what happened to the girls has remained a mystery although it continues to haunt the town that has never fully recovered. Although she has tried to move on, Leah remains in the same town having married (and divorced) and now has a 14 year old Zac, who is not much younger than she was when her whole life changed in that one single night. Almost everyone in town remembers that night and none moreso than the missing girls' families - Deborah, Harriet's mother who became a surrogate mother to Leah, and Vicky's elder sister by three years, Esther, who is now a solicitor...and also returned to the town.

It seems none can escape the past, especially when it shapes so much of who you were and who you are now. Then along comes Owen, the younger brother of Jasmine, who is now a filmmaker of sorts and has returned to town with his team to make a documentary on the missing girls' disappearance in the hope it will turn up new evidence that will inevitably lead to the truth about what happened the night of the sleepover. He has a whole host of people he wants to interview, and who of them is more important than the remaining survivor of that night but Leah? Of course, Leah is reluctant to drag up the past whilst at the same time wanting answers as to what happened to her friends so when her interview comes around, is goes from bad to worse and she ends up storming out.

And then things only seem to get worse for Leah when she becomes the recipient of seemingly threatening emails warning her to do whatever it takes to stop the documentary from going ahead. But how is she to stop it? And why should she? After all, she wants to know what happened to her friends on that fateful night.

The story unfolds solely through Leah's narrative in the present day as well as switching back to before, during and after the sleepover, as gradually readers are given more insights into the girls and pondering what may have happened on that night.

This was indeed an intriguing read though I did feel there was a lot of fluff in the middle, probably put there as red herrings to sidetrack us. Well, it didn't matter because I was thoroughly stumped as to how three girls could just up and vanish overnight and leaving one behind. How could no one know what happened? Someone, surely, knows something. The question is...who? And when it is revealed you will be surprised and then shocked as a flurry of twists are delivered in quick succession. I see some were outraged at such an ending but I felt it was a delicious twist and nicely played. Particularly as I certainly didn't see it coming (not often that happens...lol)

The story suffices perfectly well as a standalone but there is a sequel around the corner though I'm not sure how it will relate to this one as I found everything was resolved nicely. But I am looking forward to read it!

Overall, another engaging and intriguing read from Kerry Wilkinson complete with his trademark wit peppered throughout.

I would like to thank #KerryWilkinson, #Netgalley and #Bookouture for an ARC of #TheNighOfTheSleepover in exchange for an honest review.

This review appears on my blog at https://stinathebookaholic.blogspot.com/.

This book was awesome! The story was enthralling and the characters were interesting. If you like Freida McFadden you’d love this!

Thank you to NetGalley the author and the publishers for the ARC of this gripping book which I raced through. I found it really difficult to put down and cannot wait for the sequel!

This is my first book by this author but definitely won’t be my last.

Leah wakes up age 15 at a sleepover and the three best friends who fell
Asleep by her side are nowhere to be found. It’s 24 years laters and a true crime documentary is being filmed about the unsolved mystery of the three girls disappearances.

Who knows more about that night than they let have let on?
Who has the biggest secret to hide?
And are the girls still alive?

At less than 300 pages this is a quick read with a surprising ending that I didn't see coming. It's not my favourite Kerry Wilkinson book but it was still an enjoyable mystery read that will keep you guessing until the very end.

This poor girl stayed in town despite being the only girl left at a sleepover 25 years ago. She woke up in the morning and all the girls were gone. As we follow her through these memories, brought on by a producer doing a documentary, we see that the girls weren't nice to protagonist. They were kind of awful girls and this poor woman has been missing them and mourning them anyway.
I actually was shocked by the ending. It was so sad and so beautiful.

Oh wow, what a twist at the end!
This book throws you for a lot of loops, and the narrotor plays her role very well! Interesting and gripping to read

The Night of the Sleepover was a great read, it left me guessing until the end. I was engrossed the whole way through and I didn’t see the twist coming.

This books premise had so much potential, but for me it just didn’t work. Nothing about the story really gripped me or sucked me into the mystery.

I thought the last twist was decent & at least explained why Leah was really going to keep the secret of what happened? But by the time I got to the end I was just ready for it to all wrap up. It never felt like “Leah was in terrible danger” or that the documentary was uncovering anything.

Also, Leah.. please tell Mandy your dad is an abuse psycho instead of thinking “she won’t listen”. I found this to be the most unbelievable part of the whole book. That Leah is just like “wow I like her” and just casual about her abusive father getting out of prison and remarrying.

Unsure how a sequel is going to work out? I guess we will see.

**Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for the Advanced Reader Copy!

When Leah was 15 she and her 3 friends had a sleepover. When Leah awakens they are gone. 15 years later a documentary is being made. Leah starts getting weird texts and has no idea who’s sending them. This was a very exciting read and I can’t wait to read the next in the series. Thanks NetGalley and Bookouture for this ARC that will be released October 23, 2023!

Thank you to #NetGalley, Kerry Wilkinson and #Bookouture for the opportunity to read an advance copy of THE NIGHT OF THE SLEEPOVER, to be published October 23, 2023. What a slow burn! 4/5 Stars for this extremely slow burn suspense novel about four girls, as teenagers, who had a sleepover but only Leah remained the next morning. The story moves on in alternating timeframes to describe the night in question. But, you have to wait for the sequel to get the full picture of events. #Bookouture #KerryWilkinson #NetGalley

Wow!!! Absolutely unputdownable. From start to finish I was hooked, twists and turns I did not see coming… suspenseful, intriguing and holy crap that plot twist. Amazing. Fantastic characters that draw you in and a story woven so well you are invested from page one!
I literally read this in one sitting. An absolute rollercoaster of a ride.
A must read!

I have read and enjoyed many Kerry Wilkinson books and this was no exception. Plenty of twists and turns to keep the reader engrossed. I liked the idea of the story being told from past and present and the ending was a bit strange but hopefully left open for the next plot to get some answers. I highly recommend this book and author.

Leah and her three friends are having a sleepover - when Leah awakes in the morning her three friends have disappeared never to be seen again.
In the present day Leah is now a mother to Zac and is still plagued with haunting questions about what happened to her friends.
Owen is one of the missing girls brother and he is making a podcast about events, Owen thinks Leah is holding back and knows more than she is letting on. Leah agrees to talk to him on his podcast but then receives a waring via a text from a 'friend' advising her not to take part in the podcast. Who is this 'friend' - and what if anything does it have to do with disappearance.
With plenty of twists this is a great thrilling read - the story is well-paced and absorbing.