7 books in and this series keeps getting better and better. In ‘On Her Watch’ Sheriff Bree Taggert and her partner Matt Flynn are tasked with investigating the discovery of a number of dead bodies found in the woods by some hikers. Soon Bree and Matt realise they might have a serial killer on their hands. A killer who doesn’t want to be discovered and is willing to threaten Bree’s family in order to remain anonymous.
This was another great read for me, I really enjoyed ‘On Her Watch’. I always know when I pick up a Melinda Leigh book that I won’t be disappointed. I know the book will be a well written and entertaining murder mystery thriller. And while I did guess the bad guy halfway through the book, the reason behind the murders was completely unexpected and surprising. A solid 4 star read for me.

On Her Watch (Bree Taggert, #8) by Melinda Leigh
I love this series Bree Taggert and Matt Flynn are the perfect work team and couple. He helps her solve crimes and also raise her niece and nephew. The only unhappy one is the cat who gives a new meaning to "Puss and Boots". This book grabbed me and kept me on the edge of my seat from the beginning to the end. Dead bodies, murder, kidnapping, danger and suspense, wonderful friends, family and co-workers, evil villains, some laughs and tears all to get to a HEA.
Reasons I enjoyed this book:
Scary Great world building Wonderful characters Page-turner Happily Ever After Romantic Tear-jerker Haunting Action-packed Unpredictable Easy-to-read Informative Witty.

Phenomenal!! I really enjoyed reading On Her Watch. First, this freaking town has a WOMAN as their sheriff and Bree's unwavering strength, confidence, and dedication to her role proved that she, one hundred percent, deserved that authority.
The small town setting, pervasive sense of mystery, the underlying tension of a serial killer and the whole investigation process was masterfully executed and definitely kept me on edge.
And the CHARACTERS?? Oh my, I lovedd them. Bree's tender care for her niece and nephew, Luke and Kayla, added a touching layer to her character, while her unwavering commitment to her duty as sheriff was both admirable and inspiring. Matt served as the perfect partner and pillar of support, complementing Bree's strengths with his own. Bree and Matt's bond was not just believable but beautifully portrayed. They were genuinly soulmates>>
Overall, I absolutely applaud Melinda for writing such a wonderful book. Compelling characters? Intricate plotline? Effortless readability? All Check!

It's hard for me to realize that I have read eight books in this Series, but I have! It's been really easy, too, as they are all excellent. Bree is an amazing character, who has grown so much since the first book. Despite her horrible childhood, she is an efficient, effective and caring person and you just have to respect her. Her relationships are getting stronger and all the surrounding characters are richly drawn. I can't wait to see where we will be lead next! 4-1/2 Stars

I received an ARC for free and gave my honest opinion voluntarily.

I have never been so into a series as I am this one.
The main characters are fantastically written and you just can’t help but love them all.

I am going to be so sad when this series ends.
It is just so good.

Sheriff Bree Taggert is back with an explosive edition to this series. It starts out with a gruesome discovery and just keeps the action coming throughout the whole story. Matt Flynn is by her side helping with the case as things get more and more complex.
This is a must read for suspense fans.

I love this series by Melinda Leigh. Sheriff Bree Taggert is such a strong female character and the growth she has made from the 1st book thru this, now the 8th is delightful to see. Her relationships with the kids and Matt (and his family) have been a joy to read. This story is about a serial killer plaguing the town in the midst of the flu running rampant thru town. Matt and Bree must work together to find the killer and deal with other issues that are presented along the way. This is such a comfort series for me as I love reading these characters and I can't wait for book 9! Thank you netgalley for this arc in exchange for my honest opinion.

Thank you to NetGalley and Montlake for my copy of On Her Watch by Melinda Leigh.
Sheriff Bree Taggert Is called in when the body of a young woman is found rolled in a tarp in the middle of nowhere. When search teams are called in to search the area two more bodies are found. Then another young woman goes missing. Now it’s a race against time to find the culprit before he kills his new victim. And when he threatens the safety of Brees family everything becomes personal.

What a book! Indont even know where to start with this. It's more than just a thriller! Sure there's suspense and tension but also intrigue, mystery and drama. The characters are perfectly written and are original and complete characters. They're brought to lividly and have relatable reactions and responses to some less relatable situations. The book is well paced and plotted out and the tension and suspense masterfully built throughout until it all comes together in a really satisfying conclusion. Very highly recommended

You can never go wrong with a Melinda Leigh book! On Her Watch is book 8 of the Bree Taggert series. You don't have to read the previous books to enjoy this one but I highly recommend them also. In this book a couple of campers find a body. When Sheriff Bree and her investigator and love Matt Flynn go to the area they find more than one body. They have a serial killer they must find quickly. He's bold and brazen and is escalating. This is everything you could want in a book! Action, mystery, romance, and excellent characters. You can't go wrong reading all Melinda Leigh writes, what a talented writer with heart and you love the characters! Thank you NetGalley, Montlake, and Melinda Leigh I can't wait to read what's next!

I've read several books in this series, but I don't think you need to have read them all to enjoy this one. I feel it gives enough background so it can be read as a standalone. At times it was a bit sad, but at others I couldn't help but smile ( if you own a cat you might understand). The characters were well written, even the victims, so you could feel for them. The actual culprits were a surprise when unmasked. I plan to read the next book when it's released

Sheriff Bree Taggert already has her hands full with policing her small town when she, her investigator Matt Flynn (also her boyfriend), and other officers get called out when a body is found in the woods by some hikers. Bree is expecting to find that it is an accidental death since it is easy to get lost in the woods. The body, however, is a woman who is wrapped in a tarp. As they search the ground in that area, they find more bodies.

Now Bree is really concerned: it means that they have a serial killer acting around their small town, and she is going to have to manage the investigation and catch the killer (or killers) with her small staff of officers. Only something even more sinister is going on ...

Reading this book gave me a new appreciation of the situations that police must deal with, such as mental illness, and domestic and substance abuse.. This is the 8th book in the series, but can be read as a standalone book. I received an e-arc of this book from publisher Montlake via NetGalley, and voluntarily read and reviewed it.

Found this a struggle to read. Couldn’t connect with any of the characters. I think I wasn’t in the right mood to be fair so will revisit this book again in a better mood!

I like this series. I like that there are strong women in the lead. I enjoyed the mystery, suspense, the plot is well written, and moves along well. The beginning hooked me right in, I kept waiting to find out what happens to her. I felt sad for the women who were killed/kidnapped be glad they’re able to save some. I liked that everyday happenings, like the flu are included, it makes everything more real. I can definitely see something like this happening in real life. I’m eagerly waiting for the next book! #OnHerWatch #NetGalley

Rating edit: 3.5 stars!

I like Melinda Leigh's writing style and I like Bree-Matt chemistry.

This book has an interesting and unpredictable storyline (the motive was a bit implausible though). The writing is, as usual, engaging. The investigation process is crisp and the book doesn't meander on that front.

However I have a few issues: as I say that I really like Bree-Matt chemistry, but in this book, Matt seemed like a sidekick; He was more like Bree's love interest than a fellow investigator, which I didn't like. Also, although I enjoy Bree's personal family moments, this book has too many unnecessary sequences and explanations, like two whole chapters. One of them comes right before the final interrogation, which, I think, was wrongly placed and so distracting.

I understand it's an ARC, and I hope it goes for another round of editing. Nevertheless, it was an interesting read.

First time reading this series and I want more. I am now totally invested!!
This was a great read from beginning to end. The character development and plot was great and easy to follow along. This book does not disappoint.
I am excited to now get into some of the other books in the series

Thank you to Netgalley, Melinda Leigh, Montlake publishing

"On Her Watch" is an excellent story full of twists and turns that keep the reader engaged and interested. Bree and the other characters are relatable, making the story interesting and enjoyable. This was my first book in the Bree's Adventures series, and I'm looking forward to reading more.

Bree, the main character, is one of my favorite female leads. Although I haven't read any of her other stories, I can tell that she's a strong leader. The way she juggles a challenging job while caring for her family and maintaining relationships is inspiring, and her character development throughout the story is impressive. The author does an excellent job of lightening the mood when the story becomes gruesome.

This story is full of twists and turns that kept me guessing. Just when I thought I had it figured out, another twist required me to rethink my assumptions. It was a great mystery for Bree to solve, and I'm excited to dive into the rest of the series!

Melinda Leigh does not disappoint…
In this installment of her popular Bree Taggert series, Bree has her hands full with a possible serial killer and several missing women. On top of that the flu has hit her police department as well as her home hard. Leaving her short staffed and overwhelmed.
She is stretched to her limits and time is running out fast.
Highly recommend this series as well as any other books by Melinda Leigh.

Thank you #NetGalley #Montlake #OnHerWatch for this ARC.

As the eighth installment in the Bree Taggert series, On Her Watch definitely stood up to the rest of the series. Bree and her now live-in boyfriend Matt work together throughout the book to juggle their roles in the local police department and with Bree's niece and nephew that she has custody of. All of the recurring characters pop up at some point in the book. Dana and Nolan were heavily featured in #7 of the series, and they seem to be on the back burner for this storyline.
Other than that, this book was a good fit with the rest of the series. My only gripe was the final twist. There were so many other options that made more sense for a small town. But after twenty related criminal storylines, I get that options are limited.
Thanks to NetGalley and Montlake for the advanced copy!

ON HER WATCH is a new book in the long running Bree Taggert series by Melinda Leigh. I’ve missed a couple of reads in the series, but that didn’t seem to hurt much in this self-contained story. Maybe missing some background character development. Sheriff Taggart has a new mystery to solve, as a serial killer has made it to her town. Good characters, good read. Need to get back to the ones I’ve missed.