Cover Image: Winx Club Vol. 1: Welcome to Magix

Themes:
Fairies vs Witches
Friendship
Magic School

The Winx graphic novels are short stories with additional content to the franchise. I was a big fan of Winx as a kid and was hoping this would jog my memory and get me back into the fandom.

These graphic novels are definitely designed for a younger audience, and if you’re not well versed in the series, a re-watch of the original tv series would be in your best interest. I wish I had a refresher on the franchise before picking this up.

Lots of nostalgia reading this graphic novel. I had so much fun, and it was such a quick way to get back into the group.

Reading this was so nostalgic and wonderful. It is definitely more for kids, but also great for adults like me that grew up watching Winx. It brings back part of my childhood that I loved! This does the Winx legacy justice! I 100% recommend it for people who love a quick graphic novel and love Winx or fairies in general!

Thank you to NetGalley and Papercutz for the ARC! ♥

I think these Winx comics are reproduced in 2023. As a fan, you'll like the three Winx stories of about fifty pages each. The art is nice and vibrant but I just wanted some more features to make the comic rereadable.

Perfect For….

People who love Winx Club and magical fairies

Quick Synopsis (2 or 3 sentences

Bloom is starting a new chapter of her life in the Magic Academy of Alfea. She makes new friends and fights new enemies all while trying to learn magic.

My Review

I gave this book 4 out of 5 stars. I love Winx Club and I enjoyed reading this book. For those who have not seen Winx Club and prefer to read books I would suggest reading this. I would recommend this overall for anyone who likes fairies and magic. The art style used is really nice and the story is good. This is just the first volume so it is not the full story but it is still good.

As someone who grew up watching Winx Club, I adored this. It's everything i wanted it to be magical, sweet and fun. I loved returning to this world.

The art work is really good, has a great story and brings back childhood memories of watching the winx club 🥰

I'm a huge fans of the show, i used to watch when i was a little kid, so i know how the story start and in this comic the miss this start and go direct to the aventure in the school, it's not bas but i thing it miss the part where we lear more about the origins of bloom. Even so for some one who dont know the show Will not miss this part but for me was i'm missing something.
The story it's about a girl named bloom and one day a girl named Stella find her and they Discover that bloom is also a fairy, and so they replace another girl in the school, but not all is funny in here they going to find some dangers and some secrets behind bloom.

I grew up watching the Winx Club and it was really nostalgic to read this. I love this wold and the characters, I look forward to reading more.

Loved it! I’m a huge fan of the animated show, so seeing it in this comic was a delight and so nostalgic. The artwork is just as beautiful as I remember!

Just getting back into Winx! I loved the anime so seeing it in a comic form is a delight! All the characters you know and love are here, but with a few differences from the main story. I would continue

I got saw Netflix show tat recently came out about this book and initially liked it a lot. When I found out it was based on books, I had to try it! I did really enjoy my time reading this graphic novel even as a 34 year old. I liked the world and the various abilities. I did feel like the people portrayed all seemed to have the same figure which was little weird. I appreciated that the graphic novels were less intense than the show while still having some of the elements that I had already liked. I don't know that I'd see out the next volume but I'd read another if I ran into it.

What a joy to see an old cartoon made into a graphic novel, one with gorgeous art!
There are 3 short stories, all beautifully told. I’m definitely hoping there are more volumes of Winx coming! I believe it will be a big hit for those who are not familiar with Winx cartoons too.

I have a really bad issue with rewatching old favorite cartoons and getting annoyed with the voice acting, so when I saw that they turned Winx Club into a graphic novel, I had to read it! I absolutely loved it! Now I can revisit a childhood favorite show anytime I want without getting annoyed with the voice acting.

It was an absolut joy revisting the Winx Club!

With this volume you're getting 3 short stories set in the world of Magix, a magical dimension full of fairies and pixies but also evil trolls and witches.
The stories loosly follow the cartoon from the early 2000s and revolve around a freindgroup of 5 girls attending Alfea, a school specifically for fairies. Together they strive to become strong and powerful fairies that can protect Magix as well as every other world, including Earth which is the home world of one of the friends, Bloom.

The comic Winx Club Vol. 1 is definitely a wonderful entry to the world of the winx for someone who doesn't know the Winx well, but also a very sweet nostalgia boost for someone that used to watch the Winx on TV years ago.

Firstly thanks to NetGalley and Papercutz for the ARC of this book.
It was good fun. As someone who grew up watching this cartoon it is fun to see how it differs from the episodes that I watched but still has a similar storyline.
It is a cute comic for kinds about friendship and knowing right from wrong.

The art is adorable. It feels like you are watching the old cartoon. My kids were obsessed with it and this was a very fun nostalgic read.

4 stars

I've loved the Winx club for as long as I can remember and was so excited to see this as a comic! Very easy to follow along and it does a great job of bringing the story to life with the vibrant detailed artwork. Highly recommend if you love fantasy YA!

This was a cute colelction of stories.  It felt like the show, which was likely the point of it, but it's been a long time since I watched it.  The art was really nice and got the story across well.  It introduced you to the characters well, which was good.

Here's where I have an issue. I watched Winx Club when I was younger and loved it. I was obsessed with the show and loved seeing how Bloom grew into the fairy that she needed to be. I thought this graphic novel would be super nostalgic and I would love it but... it was actually kind of cringy? I could see elementary schoolers (age 5-9) really liking this graphic novel series, but anything older and they'll more than likely find it a little young for them. This is definitely something that belongs in the children's section, not teens or young adult.

But kids will love it!! I think it's perfect for kids who want that little bit of magic while bonding with the lovable characters in the Winx world.

Happy Reading!!