Cover Image: The Seminarian

The Seminarian

I loved this novel! Thank you author,Hart Hanson,publisher Blackstone and NetGallery for the opportunity to read the ebook,The Seminarian. Every character was quirky,interesting as you may find in many black comedies either in books or movies.You really never expect what the next page will be suddenly brought into the storyline’s action.The main character is a private detective who lives in Venice,CA bythe beach boardwalk near the Venice pier. I could picture where a lot of the story takes place having been to Venice many times when living in the LA area. The author,H.H. writes with a great sense of humor and had written several tv shows in the past that were quite successful.
Book on sale May 21,2024

When I first started this book I didn't think I was going to like it for some reason?! But I'm glad I stuck with it! I thoroughly enjoyed reading this one! This book was funny, had suspense, intrigue, action, murder, mystery, hired hitmen, and some crazy twists and turns! The storyline was very interesting and kept me glued to my kindle! I definitely recommend reading this book as it was well worth reading! Thank you Netgalley and the publisher for sharing this book with me!

Of course a man named Xavier 'X' Priestly, aka The Priest, is an ex-Seminarian. It seems like a demented twist of fate, which pretty much sums up this delightfully wacky and wild crime novel. The characters in The Seminarian are so bright, colorful and vivid that you'll need sunglasses to read this bookl, which is perfect, because you will look cool and be in the right frame of mind for this kinky, irreverent romp. If you love Carl Hiaasen and Tim Dorsey, this sly, over-the-top novel is for you.

The creator and writer of the TV show "Bones", introduces a wacky cast of characters in a fast-paced, action-packed novel that would make Tim Dorsey proud. Xavier "Priest" Priestly is a former seminarian turned licensed legal investigator. Dusty Queen is his best friend, a stuntwoman who moonlights as a bodyguard. Dusty has been mooning over an escort, Nikki Celeste, and Nikki's disappearance forces Dusty to hire Priest to find her. Is it this new case that endangers Priest? He's attacked with a stun gun and left in the trunk of his car after being injected with several drugs. When he comes to enough to talk with the police, he only remembers a woman in a blue wig. The searches for Nikki and Priest's attacker are sidetracked when Tarquin, a twelve-year-old boy shows up, claiming Priest is his father. Friends admit Priest can't deny the nose, the family resemblance. When Priest sends Tarquin back to his grandfather in Vegas, everyone in Priest's life disapproves, from Dusty to Priest's fishing buddy to his lawyer. It's going to take some lying and fast work to find Nikki, the attacker, and bring Tarquin home, but smart-alecky Priest is up to it.