Cover Image: The Cursed

The Cursed

I really enjoyed how the cursed picked up right where the coven ended. It was a direct continuation I had been waiting for. However, I did enjoy the coven more than cursed. It didn’t captivate me or keep me interested like the first book. The character chemistry was great. The narration was pleasant and easy to listen to.

I received this audiobook ARC via NetGalley and Dreamscape Media in exchange for an honest review.

3 ⭐️

I liked this book slightly better than The Coven. Honestly, this book felt like a filler episode of Supernatural. That may be why I liked it more.

Willow was slightly more tolerable in this book. Also, now that we know who Gray is he too was more tolerable in this book.

This book felt like it explained some things, but explaining things doesn’t count as having a plot. It felt more like wanting to throw in a bunch of different scenarios and loosely string them together.

Willow’s friends felt more like work friends than the best friends she makes them out to be.

Again, Willow's brother is thrown in as an afterthought, but at least he is mentioned a couple of times throughout the book. He is basically one of the biggest throwaway characters in existence.

I didn’t really care about Margot and Beelzebub so I am unlikely to continue with this series.

I would slightly recommend this book.

I LOVED The Coven and was beyond excited for this sequel. We start The Cursed where we left off in The Coven, which was a whirlwind! I love Willow and Gray and this book was very focused on Willow's journey. The spice and chemistry was chef's kiss, but some of the plot fell a bit flat for me. Of course, my expectations for this book were sky high after reading The Coven, so this could be just a me thing. I think overall, it just felt too rushed and the plot wasn't fully realized to its full potential. I still enjoyed it overall though and love the duology as a whole.

This wraps up this duet in a mind-blowing fashion! The story weaves a complex narrative, blending witchcraft, biblical elements, and fantasy to create an utterly engaging experience filled with unexpected twists. Character development shines in this book. Willow's path to self-discovery and Gray's transformation from self-serving to devoted are captivating. Their evolving relationship, from enemies to lovers, is a real highlight, especially Gray's intense, possessive love for Willow. Picking up where the last book left off, this book ties up some loose ends while introducing new questions. Themes of forgiveness and revenge are central, delivering an emotionally charged story. This conclusion is incredibly satisfying, leaving me eagerly awaiting Harper's next adventure.

The Cursed by Harper L. Woods is the second book in the Coven of Bones series. I would highly recommend reading the series in order so that you can have a better understanding of what is going on.

Willow has been manipulated her entire life. The narrative she was told her whole life was not the reality and now she has been duped again. As she comes to herms with the truth of what is going on around her, she also has to reconcile the fact that she is meant for Gray, and he has waited all this time for her. She still loathes him, but is also hot for him.

Thank you NetGalley for my copy of the audio book. All opinions are my own. #HarperLWoods #TheCursed #NetGalley #DreamscapeMedia

Nope....I really liked the Coven. I don't know if it was right book right time, but it had really fun atmosphere to go with the campy romance. This one starts with so much crude for crude's sake, not at all sexy, and just weird sexual discussions. I was not a fan. It was so much cringier than the first book.

The first book, The Coven, was super fun and atmospheric read. This book was not that. I felt like the fun was gone, as well as the plot, and we just had a series of scenes that didn't help move the story forward. Unfortunately, I did not enjoy my time with this book.

Everything Harper L. Woods does, I am in love with. This, unfortunately, was not the sequel I was hoping for. I think part of my let down was the first book did such a great job balancing spice and plot, where this one was mainly spice with minimal plot. Don't get me wrong, the spice was AMAZING, but I was definitely expecting that more even balance again, which was not the case here. The characters were less complex and the ending was a little rushed. Willow definitely carried the plot as she learned her abilities and grew as a character. This was fine and I'm glad I read it, but it is hard to not be bummed when comparing it to the first book.

This book was a highly anticipated read after absolutely loving the first!

Sadly this one didn’t capture me as well as the first and I do feel like the core story did shift in a direction I didn’t enjoy.

The enemies to lovers romance still delivered on the tention and angst we love but overall not a favourite fantasy.

This book lacked what the first book excelled in… the entertainment factor. Neither of these books are fabulously written, but I hold the first book close to my heart and adore it because it was so entertaining, keeping me at the edge of my seat the entire book. This book however… didn't

Not as good as the first book I lost interest at parts but definitely a good story and a would recommend for others

Wow, what a follow up. This picks up right where The Coven ended (only seconds have gone by). And it picks up right where the action (and spice) left off. This is a very dark fantasy romance. The characters are the kind that you love to hate, especially the MMC. He is the villain, a true villain. The FMC deals with the internal turmoil of loving the villain in this book. Her internal struggle is one of the main conflicts in this one. There was less plot and world building in this book (it mainly focuses on the two main characters with very little happening external to their relationship). The spice is great for those who like dark romance.

This is dual POV with two narrators. I thought they complimented each other nicely.

Thank you to NetGalley and Dreamscape Media for providing an eARC of this audiobook.

I was really looking forward to the second book in this series. There was this building fire that left me hanging by the precipice in the last book. Damn I hate cliffhangers!

Yeah, so I really looking forward to knowing where the story was going. Now image me hanging there desperately waiting to see what happens on the next page and as I read I come to realize . . . Woh, wuh - the ground that I once hanging precariously over is right there. There was no cliffhanger. Boo, the character I love in the last book somehow has become a whiny hater who won't stop dividing her complaints between hating and wanting to "run".

I spent 50% of the book wanting to throw it out the window, crying soundlessly how unfair it was that I was feeling so cheated. Thankfully things picked up and started going somewhere, but honestly I don't know if I feel happy with how it went or cheated.

I did enjoy the narrator as it brought the story to life. Overall, this book probably could have been one longer book, but what do I know.

** Thank you to NetGalley for the opportunity to review this audiobook in exchange for my honest opinion * *

Ugh, save me but what happened

Thank you Harper L. Woods, Dreamscape Media, and NetGalley for this ALC in exchange for my honest review!

I listened to this audiobook in a day, I could not put it down! I love both Willow and Gray so much. Gray may be the villain, but it’s honestly refreshing to see the villain in love and willing to do everything for their partner. Willows internal struggle with her feelings for Gray and her need to fulfill what she deems is her purpose really pushes the story along. The Cursed had a faster pace compared to The Coven. It also did a lot of set up for the next book. I can’t wait to see what happens next, especially after that cliffhanger!

Stars: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

• Dual POV, Dual audiobook Narrators
• Fate
• Villainous love interest

Look up Trigger warnings

"The Cursed" by Harper L. Woods, talk about a rollercoaster! Dark fantasy romance? Check. Dual POVs? Double check. Witches, demons, angels? Triple check and then some! This book is like a supernatural showdown, and I'm here for it.

"The Cursed" is Book 2 in the Coven of Bones series, and lemme tell you, the wait for the next one is gonna be tough. I'm sitting here, twiddling my thumbs, itching for more of this world.

Okay, let's dish. The romance? It was a wild ride, and even though the darkness pushed my boundaries a bit, I couldn't hit pause. If you're looking to move to a darker side of romance with a dash of magical mayhem, this series is your golden ticket.
Be warned, check the trigger warnings before diving into this book. It has some dark themes and a bit of rougher romance, this book will not be for everyone.

You gotta love an audiobook with dual narrators. There are very few audiobooks that I don't like but I'm happy to say this one was great!

And that magic system! I love, love all the magic in this world and what is even better is all my favorites are in one place. I would not have thought I would like the combination of Witches, demons and angels but man does it work for me in this series.

Wow! What another wild ride. The romance is a little darker than my preferred taste, but I still was hanging on to every word to see what would happen next. Now I’m sitting here waiting for the next book. I love, love the magic in this world. I feel like this series could be a good middle ground for if you're looking to make your way to the darker side of romance.

While I enjoyed the first book, I really struggled through this one. I found the plot to be too slow-paced and the characters frustrating. At this point, I am not sure if Harper L Woods is an author for me, but I may give her books another try in the future.

Thank you to netgalley and the publisher for providing me with a copy of this novel in exchange for an honest review.

This book wasn’t what I was expecting it to be. Just wasn’t my personal cup of tea however, narration was great.

I'm not a huge fan of the female narrator. Almost no inflection during her parts. The male narrator was pretty great! The story itself needs some work. It was like the plot was thrown out the window and everything was on fast forward.

This was a good book. The audiobook did a great job of keeping me captivated. I have a hard time with audiobooks as they seem to slow for me and I did not have that issue with the one. The narrator reads at an amazing speed! Highly recommend.

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Yes please!
I love Ellis & Emilia narrating this series. They have dine such a good job both times. The Coven was great and so was The Cursed.

I was gifted book 1 as a novel, then ARC Listened both audiobooks.

I will forever be an auto-read fan of Harper L Woods 🥰❤️