Cover Image: The Getaway List

The Getaway List

I absolutely loved this audio book. The narrator did such a good job at narrating. The book was so good! The plot was amazing, the writing was beautiful and the romance was so good!

Thanks to Macmillan Audio for giving me a chance to access this book in advance.

Leaving this here so I can come back later when it's available in every other format, it definitely deserves another reread and a few. I fell in love with Emma Lord's work after her 2020 release, 'Tweet Cute', which turned out to be an all-time favorite of mine. I predicted 5 stars for 'The Getaway List' even before I got into it and I couldn't be more glad to have my expectations met. A bingeworthy, unlifting rom-com that ventures into friendships, relationships, losing and finding oneself with top-tier humor, easy banters and lovable characters. The childhood friends to lovers trope and the Taylor Swift references were just another tick in it's favor. Riley and Tom had that one-of-a kind love that you can't help melting over. It started with innocent platonic love and evolved into something all-consuming with Emma Lord's signature charm to the mix. This book is for everyone who wants to get lost in an adventure to tick off an epic bucket list for one afternoon, along with characters who'd borrow into your heart faster than you can turn the page. Honestly, this book didn't have a bad inch; I loved everything from the writing style to the theme, setting and atmosphere. This book had my heart on a grip from start to finish, it felt like being wrapped in a warm hug. So, what are you waiting for? Hop on this beautiful ride that is 'The Getaway List' and I'm positive you will have an amazing journey.

A good story for starting to figure out who you are and how to be true to yourself. This book seemed a little deeper than other books by the author. It has a lot of language in it as well. I enjoy this authors books and would recommend it.