Cover Image: Into the Starlight

Into the Starlight

"Into the Starlight" is a Christian romance set in 1883 in Texas. It's the 3rd novel in a series but can work as a standalone. Frankly, while the main characters were likable, everything seemed a little melodramatic. Joanna got seriously ill with pneumonia while in Europe, destroying her ability to endure a concert pianists' schedule. She married a widower while recovering, only he and her grandmother died soon after. She returned home, pregnant and a widow, only to find everything had changed. Then bad news arrived from her husband's sister, making her insist that she must tell everyone of her shame (though she did nothing wrong and didn't need to tell anyone). This made Burke feel like he need to rescue her by marrying her. Marriage wouldn't change the past, but both acted like it fixed the problem. But he can't both marry and follow his dream, Joanna doesn't want to stand in the way of his dream, so he must decide what is more important to him.

The mysteries were pretty guessable. After we're told what happened to cause Burke to leave his medical practice, I immediately knew what had really happened and wondered why no one else suspected it. Partway through the book (and partly based on scenes from a previous book), I thought, "we'll find out that this person killed and buried Clive Finley here." However, since nearly every single woman who met Clive was insanely infatuated with him, there were some clues that had to be sorted out that pointed to other people. Burke and Joanna spent a lot of time together trying to solve the mystery. They became close friends who admired each other, which deepened into love. There was no sex or bad language. Overall, I'd recommend this enjoyable romance.

This novel is full of drama about love friendship, and family, and many many obstacle to overcome. Amanda Cabot makes me like riding a rollercoaster while I am reading her new novel, Into the Starlight.

While I didn’t enjoy this one as much as I did the first two in the series. I did enjoy reading Joanna’s story and getting the story of the final Vaughan sister. And bringing the sister’s story arc to a close.

A recent widow goes home to recover from a serious illness that has ended her dreams of a career as a concert pianist. She finds her sisters happy in their new marriages, and the new pastor and the temporary doctor in town to be very interesting additions to the small Texas community of Sweetwater Crossing.
This book is good light beach reading. Nothing remarkable or objectable here.

Into the Starlight is the first novel I have read by Amanda Cabot and I very much enjoyed it.
Although I haven’t read the first two books in this series and I do plan on reading them I didn’t have any problem connecting with the characters.

I don’t want to give any spoilers but Wow I did not see that coming!!

Thank you NetGalley and Baker Publishing for the opportunity to read and review this Arc in return for an honest review

Into the Starlight by Amanda Cabot is the third book in her Sweetwater Crossing series. Oh gracious!! I loved this series with all of its quirky characters, mysteries that had me guessing constantly, the romances and Biblical truths. I would love to read more stories from this small town that always pull me in every time. Bravo Amanda!!

I received a complimentary copy of this book from the publisher. The opinions expressed are completely my own.

The 3rd book of this series introduces us to the last Vaughn sister, Joanna. Returning home from Europe after a health crisis and losing her grandmother and husband, she longs for her old home, only it's not exactly the same even though nothing has fundamentally changed. On the heels of Joanna's return, two visitors show up, Della and Burke Finely, who looks like an identical twin of Clive Finely, who built the house. We soon learn Della had received a letter from the Vaughn's dad about Clive's death, but it wasn't really from him. Interspersed with initially trying to find some answers Joanna and Burke also develop a close friendship. Burke has dreams of moving to a big city as a doctor, or doing research. Joanna's dreams have been crushed and she's healing and looking for what her future will hold. This story is easy to get in to and Burke and Joanna are fun to get to know. We also see Emily, Craig, Louisa, Josh and some others from the first two books.

This was an interesting inspirational mystery novel. everyone in it had baggage, and everyone in it tried to deal with them as best they could and tried to do the right thing. Eventually figured out who the killer was, but not right away, and the reveal was interesting. May read this author again in future.

I really liked the book and loved the characters. I didn’t read the previous books in the series, and sometimes thought felt like i was missing something. It’s a beautiful story of accepting God’s plan for your life and making the most of it. Add in some mystery and romance and it was a really good read.

This is the third in a series about three sisters. There are some surprises in the life of this third sister. Also, there is a mystery. I was not quite sure who was the guilty party in this case and what exactly had happened. That is a good thing in when reading a mystery. I was given this book for the purpose of reviewing.

Into the Starlight finishes Amanda Cabot's Sweetwater Crossing series and finally introduces to the long missing Vaughn middle sister, Louisa. After years of studying piano in Europe, Louisa returns home amidst tragedy- her recent husband and her grandmother both died suddenly. Returning to Finley House, she finds that her sisters and her home have changed a great deal. Burke Finley and his honorary aunt, Della, arrive at the same time, visiting Sweetwater Crossing for the first time. Burke is the nephew of the mysterious Clive Finley, who built Finley house for Della, his fiancee, but died during the Civil War. The mystery of what actually happened to Clive slowly brings Louisa and Burke together. I always enjoy Cabot's writing and this series has been no exception. I appreciate that Cabot always tackles subjects that other Christian historical romance authors tend to shy away from. I look forward to more from her in the future!

I thought Amanda Cabot's Into the Starlight was a sweet tale to read. I enjoyed it from start to finish. I am giving it well deserved five plus stars.

Into the Starlight
by Amanda Cabot
Pub Date: July 16, 2024
Thanks to the author, publisher and NetGalley for the ARC of this book in exchange for my honest opinion.

Get swept away by this emotional tale of family, friendship, and the kind of love that overcomes every obstacle.
This is a great series and I highly recommend it!
Into the Starlight is the third in the series Secrets of Sweetwater Crossing. This book follows the middle sister Joanna who has been travelling in the previous books. She is the gifted musician in the family and has been enjoying extensive piano training in Europe. Through the story we learn that she's had severe pneumonia which effectively ended her musical career as she can't "stand the exertion" with her lungs. So, she comes home. And she doesn't want to be coddled by her sisters but is struggling to find her path without concerts in her future.
None of the books are a stand-alone so I recommend starting with Book one in the series.
The book wraps everything up in a bow--especially the mystery of what happened to Clive...the man who built the house that the girls have lived in their whole life--who disappeared one day. Once the answer to that is revealed--it is obvious to me now that hints were given through the previous two books as well. But it still wasn't one of those IT IS OBVIOUSLLY SO-AND-SO until it was revealed.

I appreciated the inspirational encouragement throughout the books. 5 stars

I've loved this series, this is the third book, and this is sister Joanna's turn. This can be read alone, but all three of the books are page turners.

Joanna has returned from Europe, she is a gifted pianist, but has had a serious illness. There are a lot of other surprises this family is about to learn as they greet their returned family member. She isn't home long when more surprise guests arrives, and with them some answers to questions we have been looking for.

There is some sweet romance, along with some unresolved answers of where a missing person is?

The Answers do come, and then surprises abound, and we are gifted with an epilogue!

I received this book through Net Galley and the Publisher Revell, and was not required to give a positive review.

This entry in the author’s Sweetwater Crossing series is a well-written and sweet it of escapism like the earlier books in the series. As with the others, the story of Joanna and Burke is well-written and emotional, and readers of the whole series will like catching up with characters from the other books. Joanna returns from Europe and heartbreak to catch up with family, while Burke and his aunt are trying to solve a family mystery. The mystery element really helps drive the story along. My only complaint is that some of the tension echoed the situation from the earlier books a little too closely. Again, though, a good, enjoyable entry in the series. Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for an advance copy. All
views are entirely my own.

I enjoyed how this third book tied us loose ends and brought the story full circle. While some of it was a little odd and was a different twist on what could have happened in the 1880’s I enjoyed the series as a whole. This book told the love story for the last sister, and I enjoyed the relationship between the two main characters. There was a big mystery that is finally solved…in a very interesting way.

*I received a complimentary copy of this book. Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.

I was sad to see that the series is ending with this book. I have enjoyed the 3 sisters and their adventures.
Joanna and Burke have been my favorite couple. And of course Della and Harold! The characters are
likable and there's just enough mystery to keep it going.
Thank you NetGalley for my arc.

What a wonderful close to a great series. This was probably my favorite book out of the three.

This book about the middle child of a mixed family is very endearing. I loved Joanna and felt like she exhibited all the things a middle child normally does. She was definitely balanced, independent, and a peace keeper. Her story was interesting and I loved how we really got to know her.

Burke's story was also the most interesting out of the husbands. I found his hardship to be the most real and we really got to know him more than Josh and Craig. It was really just a heartwarming read.

I highly recommend this series to anyone wanting a historical romance that is sort of like a Hallmark movie but better.

Thank you to Net Galley and Revell for the chance to read and review this book. All opinions expressed are my own.
This is the third book in the Sweetwater Crossing trilogy. I have read and enjoyed all three books. This book focuses on the middle sister, Joanna Vaughn. She must return home to Sweetwater Crossing when her dreams of becoming a concert pianist are shattered by illness and the death of her husband. At first it is hard for her to find her way, but with her family's help she begins to build a new life. I enjoyed this book. I like the way the author solved the mystery of Clive Finley and his big house. I recommend reading all of the books in this trilogy.

Into the Starlight by Amanda Cabot was a good book. This is the third book in the series. Johanna is back home after going on tour as a pianist. She is back with her sisters and their families deciding what is the next step. There are new friends that they meet. This book is about family and friendship. I really enjoyed how the author wrote the book and am looking forward to reading the other books. I was given this book by NetGally. All thoughts are my own.