Cover Image: My Crocheted Home

My Crocheted Home

This is a really nice book of patterns for crochet home decor. All the items have a very modern design style. Most use chunky yarn and big hooks so they'll work up pretty quickly. The patterns are written in a very straightforward way and look easy to follow.

I loved the images for those gave a clear vision as to what the finished article would look like. There was also a good picture index at the from to the book so you could quickly find the design that you ere looking for.
Bits that could have been improved on. I wish the book stated at the abbreviations section that this was American terminology. Important as UK double stitch is different to US. This could remove frustration when the international readers are attempting to follow the pattern.
Also having chart patterns would be beneficial, I know many of my learners are visual ones and trying to follow written instruction can be difficult or confusing.
Despite those, it is a useful book with interesting projects that many would want to attempt.

Very easy directions and perfect for anyone who loves to crochet! There are many different things to crochet for around your house which is perfect and different from the usual blanket or bag crochet book.

Love the placemat and table runner. Liked the idea of hanging plant basket although I have not made these. The photography in the book is lovely, I would have liked to see more colours, there was a lot of grey and cream. A nice book of great ideas and patterns to make a cosy home.

Thank you for this book! I started doing crochet four weeks ago and this is really a helpful book in getting some patterns I can do as next project. Also, the instructions were very clear and easy to understand as a beginner.

Thank you NetGalley, Globe Pequot, and Stackpole Books for this arc

4/5 stars

This was a quick and concise crochet pattern book, with very easy to read patterns. Most of these I can easily see making for your home, but some seem a little silly to me (the triangle wall hanging that just looks like a shawl?? Lol ok) but all in all good easy beginner pattern book at an affordable price

"My Crochet Home" by Salena Baca is a delightful exploration of crochet projects that seamlessly merge beauty and functionality. The book's presentation is aesthetically pleasing and thoughtfully structured, offering various projects suitable for beginners and advanced crafters.
The book's layout is a visual treat, creating an engaging and easy-to-navigate experience for readers. Salena Baca's attention to detail in crafting a user-friendly book is evident, enhancing the overall appeal of "My Crochet Home."

What sets this book apart is the author's dedication to providing an extra layer of learning. Including additional tutorials and instructions outside the book adds tremendous value, making it an excellent resource for crocheters at all skill levels.

One standout aspect of "My Crochet Home" is the variety of projects it presents. From beginner-friendly creations to more advanced pieces, there's something for everyone. The author's thoughtful curation ensures readers can embark on a crafting journey that aligns with their skill level and preferences.

Among the charming projects, my favourite is the crochet caddy, a functional and stylish addition to any home. The detailed instructions and clear visuals make it an ideal starting point for crafters eager to dive into the projects offered in this book.

This book inspires creativity and is a valuable resource for anyone looking to enhance their crochet skills and beautify their living space.

I am grateful to #NetGalley, Globe Pequot, and Stackpole Books for generously providing me with an e-book copy of "My Crochet Home" for my honest review. #MyCrochetedHome is a must-have for crochet enthusiasts seeking a perfect blend of inspiration and practicality. 🧶🏡

A very good crochet book. Well designed. I really love referring to such books in learning new crochet patterns and projects.

“My Crocheted Home” by Salena Baca is a must have for crocheters looking to add some beautiful crochet pieces to their home decor. From cozy blankets to geometric wall hangings, this book is packed with patterns!

What sets this book apart is its photography. The pictures are clear and show the stitching of the patterns in detail. The earth-toned color palette throughout keeps with current home decor trends.

As a crocheter, I was drawn to the beautiful blanket pattern featured in this book. The step-by-step instructions provided are clear and easy to follow, making it accessible even for beginners. I highly recommend this book to fellow crotcheters looking for inspiration for their next project!
Thank you NetGalley, Globe Pequot, and Stackpole Books for a copy of this ebook for me to review!

My Crocheted Home is an appealing and current collection of crocheted home decor and soft furnishings by Salena Baca. Released 5th March 2024 by Rowman & Littlefield on their Stackpole imprint, it's 32 pages and is available in paperback format.

There are 10 tutorial patterns in the collection, including a couple of unusual ones like an ottoman and crochet caddy built like a firewood/magazine holder on a smaller scale. The usual suspects (granny throw, hanging plant holder, and pillows) are also represented, of course, but the designs are top notch and stylish. Many of the project also utilize VERY large scale yarn/twine and will be finished in no time at all.

Photography is clear and in color throughout. It's a very short book, but with designs which will appeal to a range of crafters. The individual tutorial are available on Ravelry, but this collection gathers them in one place for a total cost which is roughly equivalent to the price of 2 individual tutorials, for all 10. For readers who have purchased the designer's patterns before, it would be worth it to check individual contents, but otherwise it's a good value for the number of patterns included.

Four stars.

None of the projects in My Crocheted Hime caught my attention enough for me to make them. However, the directions and photographs are clear and may appeal to others,

I was so excited to check out My Crocheted Home and the patterns that were offered! The patterns inside are more for your home decor and not just your standard blankets; one can only crochet so many blankets for people. The patterns are easy to follow and are so unique! I can't wait to try out more of them for my own home! Thank you for the ARC!

Whether you are just starting your crochet hobby or looking for some new patterns, this book is for you. The patterns are clear and easy to follow, producing excellent results every time.

Patterns are written well and diagrams are helpful. There are 10 patterns. The projects are all a bit bland - but I prefer to crochet colorful things. So if a project catches your eye then it could be worth purchasing the magazine.

I prefer it when the back cover shows images of all the projects. When you buy online you usually only have the front and back cover to judge it by. (There is an inner contents page with images of each project.)

What I particularly appreciate about "My Crocheted Home" is the variety of projects it offers. Whether you're a seasoned crocheter looking for a new challenge or a beginner eager to learn, there's something for everyone in this book. The clear instructions and helpful tips provided by Salena Baca make each project accessible and enjoyable to create. I will definitely look for more from this author.

Thank you to the publishers and NetGalley for the opportunity to review a temporary digital ARC in exchange for an unbiased review.

A solid, if neutral, list of crochet projects that look like fun additions to the home. I am particularly excited to try the baskets and ottoman patterns. This book was a little short, but provided plenty of inspiration for those who want to crochet accessories for their home.

This is such a lovely premise for a crochet book and gave me ideas for more things to make other than the standard scarf and blanket!

This book contains ten patterns for making various house decor accessories. The instructions for each project seem clear and the book is nicely illustrated. Everything is constructed in a neutral (i.e., beige or grey) color, though, and this is not as attractive to me as if there were more colors included. I really couldn't see myself making any of these except maybe the basket and the pillows. I'd have no use for any of the other things. The two throws that were included were both not very attractive in my view. So, I wouldn't buy this book, and am not sure I'd recommend it unless a person is really into kitsch and/or in love with neutral color scheme.

Thank you to Globe Pequot and NetGalley for providing an advance review copy of this book. My opinions are my own.

What a beautiful book! I enjoyed reading about ways to make my home more cozy and comfortable with the crochet projects shown in the book. The patterns were easy to follow and had clear instructions. The yarn (and other notions) are fairly accessible and affordable, making these projects great for anyone. I especially enjoyed the photography of the finished items.

I am not really new to crocheting but I am also not a pro at it…The patterns seem like they would be easy to follow definitely going to try some of these patterns. Can’t wait to get my hands on a hard copy to add to my collection.

I would like to thank NetGalley and the publisher for giving me the opportunity to review this book.