Cover Image: Switched

Switched

This one didn’t have the connection that I was looking for in this read, which led me to have a hard time connecting and enjoying this read. There are a few moments that I was going to DNF because of that. I was able to push through and get to the end and upon finishing this and realizing that I only liked the read was they have a sort of meet cute and have an insta love that has a Freaky Friday vibe.

4 stars! ⭐

This book was unlike anything I've ever read, and I loved every second of it!

I couldn't put this book down—it transported me to a cozy, unique world set in Scotland. The whole premise is like a version of Freaky Friday. And lord, do I love Henry. It was also fascinating to see the diagrams and charts Serena made.

Henry is such a sweet character, and the fact that he's British added to his charm. The atmosphere of the book was incredibly cozy, and the side characters, especially Vinny, were hilarious. The chemistry between Henry and Serena was delightful, and their funny habit of drinking fifty cups of tea and coffee every day added a nice touch. The book was well-written and easy to read, and I appreciated seeing ghosting represented in a book—it made me emotional but in a good way. The story carried a wonderful message about love: you don't need to fear it because you already love something with your whole heart. Love doesn't have to devour you; you can love multiple things.

However, I did have a few dislikes. Serena's personality was initially off-putting as she often talked about her attractiveness and how all the men wanted her. Her character felt a bit shallow at first, but she redeemed herself later on. The constant science talk was confusing and felt unnecessary at times. Lorna was a character I could have done without. The scenes where the characters were essentially kissing themselves felt odd, though I understood why it happened.

This book was everything. A light hearted story with a plot very similar to freaky Friday, and a heartwarming character development.

I didn't know that this series could get better, but it did. It has a whole freaky Friday big bang theory vibe that was so unique. I loved the banter, the storyline, the characters, and the ending 😍 you can't go wrong with a quirky FMC and a hot nerd MMC. I loved the touches of family, seeing bits of the friendship and characters from book one, and the saved cat 🐈 if you like tropes 👉 forced proximity, he falls first, magical realism, cat 🐈, STEM characters

I am quite enjoying the trend of romance novels featuring women in STEM. The characters were dynamic and the author took care to develop them and their relationship while telling a new story based on a familiar troupe.

Thanks to Netgalley, W.W. Crown and Sarah Ready for the chance to read this ARC in exchange for an honest review.

I really enjoyed Switched. I loved the premise and felt that it lived up to it. I loved Serena and Henry, they had great chemistry.
Serena was my favourite character from Sarah's previous book, Ghosted.

I'm looking forward to reading the next installment.

4 Stars from me. ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

really enjoyed this book!

Everyone is saying “Freaky Friday”, but it’s giving “it’s a boy/girl thing”. Same thing.
Boy wakes up in girls body, girl wakes up in boys body.
Except that was high schoolers, and this is really smart scientists.

Serena only has space to love one thing. And that is science. The universe. Henry has space for endless love.
So what happens when they body swap? Can they learn other ways to love? Learn how to love each other?

It was different to the usual boy meets girl. But the only gripe I have with these STEM women (this is not the only STEM book I’ve read and they’re all the same) is they are always not interested in love, crazy cat lady, completely nerd. And the blokes are always so prim and proper and neat. Can we maybe write about a woman in STEM who has managed to have it all? A great upbringing, a great education, great friends and managed to organise her life completely she has a neat and tidy and cute apartment, and she has time for her career and for love!!?

But I did love the writing and the story. I said shoot I KNEW IT here and there. And I did cry a little at the end.

Already downloaded the next in the series (standalone) so I’m ready to read more

While I’ve been a fan of Sarah Ready’s books for a while, especially the true gem that is Josh and Gemma’s books, this one just wasn’t it for me. The story was a bit all over the place, and the jokes a bit too cringy? Maybe just a tad out of tune. I mean, there were moments where I could see the potential, but it felt like it never quite hit the mark. Some parts dragged, and the characters didn't grab me like her others did. It’s like, I wanted to love it, but it just didn’t click. Maybe next time!

This was cute and easygoing, i enjoyed doing my chores way more while listening to this.

Still something was missing ? I cant quiet pin it down, but while i enjoyed it I know it wont last.

Still would recommend for someone who is looking for a beach read

After reading Ghosted, I was beyond excited for Switched and it did not disappoint! I have loved both story lines and the way I feel connected to the characters and their journeys!

Thank you NetGalley for the ARC of Switched!

3.75 stars so obviously gonna round up you know?

“Although success has never felt so wrong.”

I want to thank NetGalley and Swift and Lewis Publishing LLC for approving my request to read Switched. I am sorry it took this long, but I finally got around to it!

“Fear robs us of reason.”

I enjoyed Switched! I didn’t think it was actually going to be like a Freaky Friday situation (which I thought was going to happen) because there was so much preparation in the beginning. Honestly not too sure of how I feel about that. It’s like I wish we got to the main problem in the book sooner, but the context was definitely needed. So I’m a little conflicted about that.

“How do you describe a feeling that can’t be put into words?”

I think the whole part with … uh the irrelevant person obsessed with Henry wasn’t fully fleshed out. Like it was funny how Serena couldn’t figure out how to hide a boner and for Jillian to finally realize that Henry’s body contained Serena, but I feel like I didn’t get to hear how things worked out for her. Like I get she’s irrelevant, but she’s relevant enough to make me want to see her react to Henry and Serena.

“I’d stay with you every night. Every day. If we never switched back I’ll stay with you. If we do switch back I’ll stay with you. It doesn’t matter, as long as it’s you.”

This quote got me in a chokehold. It made me wish that I was that person being told that and I think that that’s what made this book stand out to me, it was full of quotes that really “spoke” to me. And a good amount of these quotes haven’t “spoken” to me for negative reasons either, which was really refreshing.

“This must be what happily ever after feels like - something I thought was impossible but really isn’t.”

I did not expect there to be a gut wrenching part in Switched, but there it was, pretty much screaming at me. It made me so captivated to wonder what was actually going to happen. Like, there’s no way that there wouldn’t be a happily ever after, right? I think I wouldn’t be too upset if there wasn’t, but boy did it make me glad to see the entire thing play out after they switch back.

“And I’m not sorry to die. I’m only sorry to leave him.”

This entire read was such a fun book to read, and I think that’s kind of what I needed. I love my complex and twisty books, but to have a nice “little” romance book read was really a breath of fresh air.

I will of course be continuing with this series but book 2 just couldn’t hold a candle to book 1 for me. I was so excited to see Daniel and Jillian again but I wasn’t as invested with Serena and Henry. However it did have its moments of course. I’m looking forward to book 3.

Overall, I enjoyed this. I liked how Serena and Henry learned to understand each other by "walking a mile in each other's shoes", and all the shenanigans involved in getting to that point. In the beginning, there were a bit too many physics and science tangents for my liking, but that decreased as the book progressed.

I was a fan of Henry from the start; I liked how sweet he was and that he was always upfront with his feelings. However, Serena rubbed me the wrong way from the moment she decided to hurt Henry's feelings instead of having an adult conversation and at least giving him some of the truth. It was selfish and cruel, but I guess there wouldn't be much of a story to tell if it didn't happen that way. I enjoyed the chapter from Henry's point of view, and I wish we got more from his perspective.

Cute, fun, and swoony! I liked the speculative twist a lot and thought it added a lot to the romance. The writing is addictive and you will want to stay up all night reading it. Really adorable!

I loved Sarah's other book and she just writes the best characters. The premise of this one had me sucked in and I think she executed it so well. This is a great read!

Thank you to .W. Crown ,Swift & Lewis Publishing LLC | Independent Book Publishers Association (IBPA), and NetGalley for this ARC, If Freaky Friday was a romantic story=Switched by Sarah Ready would be it.

I loved Serena and Henry, their characters whilst slightly stereotypical, were definitely well written and the story had gtreat pacing.This is a part of a series of books, though it is a standalone story and I read it as such,

I loved this witty and fun rom com so much that I bought the other books in the trio too.

"Switched" by Sarah Ready, part of the Ghosted series, offers a contemporary romance with a hint of magic, perfect for standalone reading.

Serena Otaki, a self-professed science geek, finds herself unexpectedly attached to a bar booth seat after a recent varnish mishap. Henry Jones comes to her rescue, leading to a flirtatious encounter that quickly escalates into a steamy night. However, Serena is not prepared for a deeper commitment. A twist of fate, combined with an electric storm, leads to the protagonists switching consciousnesses, forcing them to inhabit each other's bodies. Together, they must navigate this peculiar situation and find a way to reverse it.

As a lover of movies like Freaky Friday & It Takes Two, any situation where the main characters change lives or bodies will always be a fun plot device in my opinion.

The dynamics between Serena and Henry are intriguing, with Serena's initial reluctance to commit contrasting with Henry's earnest affection. The humor inherent in their situation, as they navigate each other's family dynamics and events, adds a lighthearted touch to the romance.

Overall, "Switched" is a delightful and romantic read, offering an entertaining blend of humor, romance, and a touch of magic.

Thank you for the ARC!

As a concept, I loved this story. It was giving Freaky Friday which I LOVE. I also really liked how it started off as insta-love (which I usually am not a fan of) and slowly chagned to a forced proximity, slow burn romance. I also really liked how their relationship wasn't made to be strange because of the all the outer factors (them being in each others bodies), you could see the attraction build but not be simply weird.

Overall, I really enjoyed it. Thank you for the opportunity!

Many thanks to Netgalley, W.W. Crown and the author for the ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I have never been so eager to get my hands on a companion book in this genre as for this one. Serena Otaki is my soul animal, my twin flame, we just get each other okay?

So for people who have not read Ghosted (book 1), what are even reading (kidding!! read anything you want to read but also go an dread Ghosted! Thank you). This book follows the story of Serena Otaki, the quirky, nerdy, theoretical physicist best friend of our Jillian from again Ghosted!! (get the hint?). Serena works with LHC at CERN in Geneva and has what she calls a happening interesting Chaotic life.

Serena does not believe in love and when she has a night of absolute passion and sparks with one uptight (but tender) Henry Joules, makes her doubt her notions on Love, everything comes to a halt. Even worse when she figures out Henry is her new boss and she has to see him everyday. The tensions are at a high until an atmospheric event (or cosmic if I may) cause them to switch bodies - A SOUL SWITCH. As you can imagine, chaos ensue. Not to mention we are talking about a Sarah Ready book here - so cue all possible forms of drama everywhere family, friends, ex'es - every single one leading to a happening dramatic beautiful photo finish ending.

Also I read this book through both and e-book which added to the enjoyment factor. The narrator's did a bloody brilliant job and drama was well conveyed.

I will recommend this book to anyone who is looking for some laughs, some tenderness, along with nerdy quirky over the top characters.

This is a 3.5 for me. I enjoyed the writing a lot. It was smart and witty. I loved the little images and scribbles that helped us visualize everything. I also listened to this on audiobook for part of it and the visuals do not translate well to audio, so i highly recommend reading the physical book.

Over all I liked the characters, I do wish it was dual POV because seeing Henry's side would have been so fun knowing he was in love with her the whole time. Im annoyed he was made a virgin but also was amazing at sex during a one-night stand and also had a girlfriend for a long time who was willing suddenly to take her top off when seeing him again. It felt a little disjointed in that aspect of the story line.

I did read this in one day because I couldn't put it down.