This was such a cute and fun adventure! We follow Morgan, Tristan and Lancelot on a journey to find a missing Merlin when Camelot is under attack. This is a queer retelling of The Arthurian Legend. I really enjoyed the characters and the artwork was absolutely beautiful! The colour palette was gorgeous and such a pleasure to look at. I would definitely recommend this as it was such a delightful read.

This is such a cute graphic novel! I really enjoyed the Arthurian elements, and though the characters are all names I know, their characterizations in this book felt original and compelling. Also, the easter eggs for Arthurian fans were so cool. What a great book!

Such a sweet story in graphic novel form. I'm a huge fan of Arthur stories and this one was a new and fresh take.

Any teen who loves romance and medieval settings will adore this.

My mom's side of the family has always had a soft spot for all things Arthurian legend. We grew up with the storybook tales and I watched every episode of BBC Merlin together with my mom and sister. It's no surprise I was very excited to see this queer retelling of Tristan and Lancelot and immediately went to NetGalley to find a copy (Thank you NetGalley for the e-ARC!).

What really works for this story is the group as a whole. I really loved reading about Tristan, Lancelot, and Morgan's journey to find Merlin so that, together, they can protect Arthurs Kingdom from impending trouble with the Fae. I would even love to see another volume that included Guinevere into the group.

My problem with the book was that, based on this cover, I thought we would get to spend a lot more time with getting to know just Tristan and Lancelot. Sadly, it feels like we don't get any time alone with them and the affection that grows between them seems to come out of nowhere. I would have liked to get a lot more background about each of the three main characters. Mostly, it felt like rushed plot about finding Merlin and defeating bad guys, which is fine, but not what I was expecting. Morgan was a compelling character and I wish the author had expanded on her place at Camelot and her complicated feeling towards Arthur/her family. Overall there was a lot of potential here I felt that the author didn't take the time to explore but it was still a fun read if you like retellings or twists on Arthurian legend!

Thank you HarperAlley for sending me a copy of this comic in exchange for an honest review!

I love anything about magic/camerlot, this comic did not disappoint! Merlin is missing and the trio: Lancelot, Tristan and Morgan travel on a quest to find him.

I thought the art style was beautiful I really loved LS. Biehler work! I also loved the storyline and thought James Persichetti did a brilliant job telling the story. I loved the quest, the side storylines and the banter between the trio. I loved the tension and Flirty attitude between Tristan and Lancelot. The magic was a nice addition too I loved how it expanded the storyline and how it all came together. I'm definitely going to pick up a physical copy of this soon. I'm also wanting to Read more of the series too!

Thank you to NetGalley, Harper Alley, and HarperCollins Children's Books for this advanced copy! You can pick up Tristan and Lancelot: A Tale of Two Knights on June 4, 2024.

Immediate 5 stars. This story was not only adorable but also SUPER well-written and gorgeously illustrated. I was immediately sucked in, the magic system and world-building made sense, and the bonds between characters were absolutely heartwarming. It gave me the same cozy feeling inside as the BBC Merlin show (iykyk) with just as much action, romance, and magic.

I need five more books set in this world with these characters ASAP. This is a hit for all my graphic novel and Arthurian legend girlies!!

This was cute! I won this book in an ARC giveaway package and was surprised to learn it was a graphic novel. It took me a bit to get into the rhythm of the story because it kept cutting scenes. However, once the main plot started, it flowed really easily and was pretty interesting. The main three characters were fun and had their own character arcs during the story. The illustrations were also beautiful! I will say this book is tagged as YA, but it does kind of feel younger than that in some respects. Not saying that is a bad thing, just that I may not be the typical audience for this. I did enjoy the queer Arthurian retelling though!

This took me longer than usual to finish but that isn't a bad thing. I just didn't want it to end. I was intrigued by the adapting of a story set in Camelot with King Arthur, the Knights of the Roundtable and Merlin. The love between Tristan and Lancelot was very slow-burn as both had their situations to deal with. Morgan was a great third side to the triangle of her, Tristan, and Lancelot. I wish the Fae had been in it more but all in all, a good book.

When Merlin goes missing, King Arthur sends his sister Morgan Le Fey on a quest to find him, along with knights Tristan and Lancelot. With Camelot under attack, it’s important that they find Merlin in order to save their people.

As the trio makes their way towards Merlin, it’s clear there are sparks between Lancelot and Tristan. But a previous curse might get in the way of their newly blooming relationship. Will the trio be able to find Merlin and save Camelot?

Thanks to HarperAlley and NetGalley for an advanced copy of Tristan and Lancelot: A Tale of Two Knights by James Persichetti to review! It didn’t really register for me that this was a graphic novel until I started reading it, so that was a fun surprise!

I absolutely loved the art in this book. The colors and landscapes were spectacularly done, and the way that magic was represented worked really well. The characters were all brought to life by the art, and that’s the best thing in a graphic novel.

The writing also fits the art; Morgan, Lancelot, and Tristan make such a fun adventuring group. They have some great banter, and the budding romance between Lancelot and Tristan was cute. I would definitely read more books about the three of them going on adventures!

The Arthurian legends play a big factor into this story, so if you like queer retellings of Arthurian tales, definitely check this one out in June!

I love a good Arthurian retelling! And adding in Morgan really balanced out Lancelot and Tristan. The only downside of the story is that the art looked a little flat and stilted, so that kinds took me out of the otherwise great story.

the title should have been "Tristan, Lancelot, and Morgan: A Tale of Heroes". still, it was a very good story.

I honestly miss reading graphic novels as much as I used to be able to so getting to set aside time to sit down with one was a treat for me! I loved that it was a modern retelling of a classic tale and I had a nice easy feel all the way through. It was a fluid read that I found very enjoyable and I really hope to get my hands on a physical copy of this at some point.

Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for providing me with a free eARC for review.

This was a sweet, if a bit shallow adventure novel. Our main trio was a fun group and I especially loved Morgan's design. It managed to balance all three characters' personal internal/external struggles fairly well without making it feel rushed alongside the main plot. It doesn't go very deep into each character arc, but it does enough to feel satisfying.

The main thing that dragged my enjoyment down is that the artwork felt a bit stiff and awkward. It felt very much as though it had been done by posing somewhat stiff 3D models a la The Dragon Prince, and then painted over in a digital program, which made it somewhat hard for me to get into it, especially during action scenes.

Despite this, it was a very solid retelling of Arthurian legends, giving us some interesting takes on these iconic characters. I was especially fascinated by the way the love potion/curse plot worked. I'd recommend this for especially teens who are looking for a feel-good adventure story with some queer romance.

Thank you Harper Collins and Netgalley for this eARC, these opinions are my own. A cute adventure! Morgan is called to Camelot, her half brother King Arthur needs her help. Merlin is missing and the Fae have returned and are terrorizing the kingdom. He needs her to find Merlin and bring him back. She won’t be alone on her quest, she’ll be accompanied by Sir Lancelot and Tristan. Both of whom harbor their own secrets. Can they trust each other enough to complete the quest? Will they be able to stop the Fae? As Lancelot and Tristan’s feeling for each other bloom will their secrets derail everything in the end? I loved this queer take on the classic King Arthur stories! I grow fonder of graphic novels with each one I read, and L.S. Biehler’s artwork is amazing! I loved the relationship between Morgan, Lancelot, and Tristan as they get to know each other and become friends! I also enjoyed the connections to Morgan and King Arthur’s past and how their relationships with their father impacted their relationship with one another! James Persichetti does a wonderful job with the story! A fun, charming, adventure with a queer twist!

Now one thing about me is I don’t play about Arthurian legend. Ever since I saw my first episode of Merlin, I’ve been obsessed with it. I also had the pleasure of seeing a production of Tristan and Isolde at the Globe Theatre many moons ago, so I particularly enjoy their tale. The production I saw was very queer, so this feels like a full circle moment.

I won’t beat around the bush. I absolutely loved this. From the art to the storyline to the characters – everything was exactly as I hoped it would be. The search for Merlin was the perfect catalyst for a relationship to form between the two boys. The long days and nights on the road forced them to confront their trauma and secrets, which in turn allowed them to open up to one another. I appreciated the interpretation of the legend and history, and adored how queerness was normalised.

I loved the little trio of Lancelot, Tristan, and Morgan. I hope there will be more graphic novels in the future. I’d even love one focused solely on Morgan looking for her mother. I’d also love to learn more about the fae. They were one of my favourite parts of this graphic novel.

I’d recommend this to fans of queer retellings and gorgeously drawn graphic novels. Thank you to the publisher for providing me with an advanced copy.

I received an e-ARC of Tristan & Lancelot: A Tale of Two Knights for free by Harper 360 YA through NetGalley, thank you so much for my advanced copy!

This was such a cute story! I love Arthurian retellings and was so excited to read this! I loved the plot and the characters, Morgana once again being my favourite! This was so entertaining and made for a fun, quick read! The art style was beautiful and added even more beauty to the story!

"These two are going to be a handful." Oh, Morgan, how right you were.

I love an Arthurian retelling, and this is a fun, adventurous, easily digestible one with a lovely romance between Tristan and Lancelot. When Camelot is under attack and Merlin is missing, Morgan gets sent on a mission to retrieve him, and she's accompanied by Tristan and Lancelot. Chaos ensues, and I had so much fun with this graphic novel!

A fun and beautifully illustrated graphic novel. I do feel like anyone could read this, teenagers upwards. I definitely would recommend it to anyone who enjoys graphic novels or is in need of a light romance.

This was such a sweet graphic novel about Arthurian Legend, a questing narrative that takes Morgan, Tristan and Lancelot on an adventure to find Merlin and discover why the Fae are attacking Camelot. The art was drawn wonderfully, and the plot was so sweet to read — I do wish there was more development of the relationship between Tristan and Lancelot, but apart from that, this graphic novel was great!