This book was so fun. I would honestly love to watch this as a movie, or even better, a tv show. Maybe because I am currently watching Dead Boy Detectives, but I was frothing on this story. Every single one of the side characters was up to something weird and it was utter chaos that somehow left me with a permanent smile.

Thanks to #NetGallery and publisher for a copy of this book

Genre: Romance / Mistery FM
Format: Digital
POV: Dual
Tropes: Who dunnit? Quirky cast of characters, grannies gone wild, I dropped my beans, the detectives are on the case.
Spice: 🌶️ /5
Age suggestion: 16+

If you are looking for a super fun summer read Lucy Score has got you covered!! The Blast from the Past is Book 2 in this fun rom-com series that beach readers will eat up! Such a fun read!

Lucy score is at it again and just like most of her books I enjoyed the romcom romance and character building. The story line and plot left a little to the mind to figure out or just go with but not bad

This series is so amazing! It's such a fun read with plenty of quirks and action. Lucy gives us another entertaining glimpse into Nick and Riley's lives, and this book is just as amusing as the others in the series.

This series features a lot of heartwarming moments, mysteries, comedy, and paranormal activity along with the odd murder and talking ghosts.

This book continues the inquiry into the disappearance of Nick's ex-partner Kellan, whom we learnt about in the first book. After six years after Beth being missing, Nick remains obsessed and feels bad about not doing enough for her while he was a police officer.

I've become quite fond of these characters. Despite the numerous external and internal obstacles that Riley and Nick's relationship faces this time around, they still have a great time together. Especially when their neighbors, relatives, and friends become involved. To be honest, I think my favorite aspects of the book are the supporting characters. They made the narrative so much funnier and more entertaining!

This book will keep you on the edge of your seat, both laughing and worried about what may happen next. Just when I thought I knew what was going to happen, the author took an unexpected turn.

I can't wait to read about Riley and Nick's next adventure!

This was a very fun read! Riley Thorne is a well defined character with a fantastic supporting cast, most of them living together in a crumbly mansion that her boyfriend keeps swearing to fix. A surprise guest's reappearance, then disappearance, then reappearance again causes chaos and takes you on a wild ride!

Lucy Score has done it again with my favorite Rom-com series, Riley Thorn!

What isn’t there to love about these characters? Their banter, the crime solving, crazy old neighbors and most importantly the romance between Riley and Nick.

I loved this one just as much as I loved the first two and I cannot wait to start on the fourth and see what the gang is up to next!

Thank you NetGalley and Bloom Books for the ARC of this book!

I received an ARC of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

I really enjoyed this book. It was wonderful!

The Blast From The Past by Lucy Score is the third book of the Riley Thorn series and comes with the expected mystery, humour and romance amidst the general chaos with this group of people. The twists were as dizziness-inducing as Riley Thorn experienced in this book. I liked it. Thank you, Netgalley for giving me this book in exchange for my honest review

Lucy did not disappoint with this book!
Another banger straight out of the gate, I love her writing style and how it isn't over the top, but it's not lacking either

This book is even funnier than the last; I don't know how she does it! Reading this was like watching a sitcom. Every quirky character, all the sharp wit and of course the glue that holds it all together, the charming and adorably dimpled Nick.
This book features the investigation we learned about in the first book, the missing sister of Nick's ex-partner Kellan. Beth has been missing for 6 years and Nick feels guilty that he didn't do enough while he was still a cop and it's what led him to quitting the police force and the demise of his friendship with Kellan. Now running his own Private Investigation firm, he decides is time to look into Beth's disappearance again. He has his team taking on cases that aren't really cases and aren't paying, and he's locked himself in his office all the time, neglecting Riley. So Riley takes matters into her own hands without telling Nick. She figures if she can use her pyschic powers to solve the case, things with her and Nick can get back to normal. It doesn't take long for things to get out of control, driving Nick crazy in the process. Oh and special shout out to drunk Kellen, the only time he appeared without that stick up his ass!
This was an interesting story with so many twists and turns, great characters and brilliant writing. Because there are so many characters that appear in each book, l'd recommend reading the books in order to get to know them. The first book explains what you need to know to understand Riley and her family dynamic and who and why all the side characters are. Trust me when I say you will enjoy getting to know them.

I enjoyed this one, but it's not my favorite in the series. I still breezed through it, but it took me a bit longer to get into it.

Thank you for the arc!

The Blast from the Past by Lucy Score
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

I recently finished reading the third book in the Riley Thorn series and I really enjoyed it! The stories have a great romantic comedy feel, along with humor and a variety of lovable relationships. This book introduced a character we had only heard of or seen in Riley’s cotton candy world before, and quickly delved into their mystery, throwing Nick and Kellen into a whirlwind of questions. The abundant lies and evasiveness made for an exciting read. I’m already looking forward to reading the fourth book! I can’t praise Lucy Score’s writing enough.

Unfortunately this book was a DNF for me. I couldn’t get on board with the absurdity and immaturity of the plot within the first few chapters. The “Dog Doody Bandit” really threw me off. I couldn’t take it seriously after that. Even if the goal was comedy, it wasn’t working for me. I’d love to read more by the author in other series.

Thank you to the author, publisher, and NetGalley for the opportunity to read this book!

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️/5

Riley and Nick have moved into their new home and are getting settled. Nick soon becomes obsessed with trying to find his ex-partners missing sister. He’s neglecting Riley so she decides to take matters into to her own psychic hands, and attempts to solve the case so her and Nick can get back to normal.

This is such a fun and hilarious whodunnit romcom from Lucy Score!! I really hope there will be a fourth book in this series because it’s just too good! This book was fast paced, and like all of Lucy Score’s books, I couldn’t t put it down! Twists and turns and amazing characters. A book you will be sure to love!

📘: The Blast From the Past by Lucy Score
🗓️: May 14, 2024

Thank you to NetGalley, Lucy Score, and Sourcebooks Bloom Books for this ARC!

*Reviewed on NetGalley, Amazon, and Goodreads.

Yet another outrages fun book from Lucy Score. I read this book like I was watching a sitcom. Had some funny out loud moments. Is it a all time best seller, no. But I love how Lucy's mind thinks and she is one one my favorite authors because I can zone into a book and take me away.

4.5/5 stars

This is the third book in the Riley Thorn cozy mystery series.

I love books featuring psychics. So I adore that Riley can talk to the dead and read minds of the living.

After the way book two ended I needed to start this book immediately. I have really grown attached to these characters. Riley and Nick are so great together. And their families and kooky neighbors add so much to the series.

This was another fun story. I can’t wait to see what the gang is up to next.

Lucy Score hits again! Every time I think she can’t get any better, I find myself dying for more. I adored this and need to read the others in the series!

This book is a very silly book, just not my cup of tea. I DNFed it at 32%. It just couldn’t hold my interest. I love Lucy Scores other books, this one was just not for me! I have previously not read any other Riley Thorn series books. It was definitely a bit more immature character wise and things were silly and over the top, which I’m sure is intentional on Lucy Score’s part-again just couldn’t get into it personally!

OMG I have so much fun reading his story! I’ve read all books in this series and loved every one of them.
All Lucy Score books are addictive. I couldn’t stop reading. The dialogs are witty and I laugh out loud many many times. The secondary characters are something else and the mystery is really good. The plot twists are amazing! I highly recommend it!

I enjoyed The Blast from the Past by Lucy Score. It was full of fun, adventure, and plot twists. Characters are quirky, and interesting.