Delightful is the best word for this book. It's a great book in a great series. I had high expectations after the first book, The Witch is Back, but I was happily surprised by how much I loved this book, maybe even more than the first one.

It took ma a bit longer to warm up to Leah, but the grumpy/sunshine magic will almost always win me over, and this one along with the banter and layered complex characters really made it a notch above the rest. The book is funny, but tackles serious themes without making them too cute or too dark. All the characters feel fully developed and the world built is unique but not too complex.

I can't wait to dive back in with future books in this series. Please let there be many many more to come.

Thank you NetGalley and Harlequin for the ARC!

I recently read the first book in this series and knew I had to request the second. I loved both -- I know people expected Kole to be the MMC for this, but I ended up glad he wasn't. I loved Gabriel and his growing love for shelter animals. He was a perfect match for Leah.

As a second installment, this also left me really excited. for the third book. I'm guessing it will focus on Tia but there are some hints that it may also center Kole (if the author wants to leave us hanging for longer about Tia and her ex!). I'd be good either way, but please write quickly LOL.

Thanks to Netgalley and the author for an e-arc!

This is such a cute grumpy/sunshine romance with a little magic. If you liked the first one, you'll like the second one too. I really loved that the author is starting to dip a little bit more into the rich settings of both Chicago and New Orleans (though I hope book 3 will feature some Chicago and/or New Orleans classics as far as food goes). I also noticed that there were fewer Britishisms that crept into this one (but there are still a few, notably saying kilograms when USAmericans use pounds).

I also need you to know that if something starts driving you crazy, it's probably part of the plot and will be resolved! That was the case for me with the first book and this one.

That said, I found the overall plot resolution a little under-foreshadowed. Additionally, I think the friends all infantilize each other a fair amount. Even the one that was infantilized by the others is out there treating this protagonist like a child. I cannot fathom the way they acted about a kiss when they're in their late 20s-it's very over-the-top and feels more appropriate to teenagers.

Overall, a very fun read, and I highly recommend it!

Who knew that Leah wasn't just a human that worked with witches. You soon discover that she has a strong personality, and she isn't shy about wanting to make her way through the world. The first book make you love the trio, but this book gives a deeper look into how amazing and complicated their relationship can get. It is rare to have so many feelings while reading, but this book made my pulse quicken and made tears come to my eyes. With every page turn, I didn't want the book to end. Great plot twists. Hope there is a third book with the trio.

This book did not disappoint. I was so excited to go back to this world. The characters first meeting was so romantic. I enjoyed this story just as much as the first one. I hope there will be more in this series.

If you like grumpy/sunshine and witchy reads check this one out!

Thanks to netgalley and the publisher for allowing me to read an e-arc. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

The perfect cozy book to read in the fall!

Leah, a human, took a risk by attending a ball with witches where she promised not to draw attention to herself or talk to anyone. Her plan fell through when she talked to Gabriel, a very powerful warlock who doesn’t like humans at all.

They end up working together and being around each other and have to figure out their differences.

I LOVE a good grumpy sunshine and this did not disappoint!

Gabriel was the grumpiest grump to her sunshine. They came from completely different backgrounds and at times it felts like they would never be able to overcome that! He didn’t like humans and she IS a human?!

This was a quick cozy read and I loved it!

It’s coming out in August which is a perfect time for this book - in the Fall/ around Halloween!

Thank you NetGalley and Harlequin Romance for this ARC in exchange for an honest review!

Grumpy sunshine
Cozy
Part of a series
Opposites attract

I enjoyed this second book in the series - I like Leah a lot, and grew to like Gabriel too. The dogs were probably my favorite part.

Did think the time in which they got the super successful fundraiser together was way too short, but I waved that a way as book magic.

Looking forward to Tia and Henry next!!

I really enjoyed this. Leah is the sweetest little thing and Gabriel is a broody little thing. Giving HEAVY Dramione, which I adore because I love finding them in other characters.

Leah was so lovely to read, super enthusiastic and passionate but also down to earth and expressive. Gabriel is the absolute polar opposite: cold, stand-offish, very dry but he grew on me so quickly. He admits quite quickly that he's not very good at dealing with people and I was SOLD. They felt perfectly balance and also utterly chaotic and overall wildly charming. So cozy, a bit of a mystery, a bit of adventure, a bit of witchcraft. Loved!

Read if you enjoy: enthusiastic x tired, grumpy x tired

Thank you to Netgalley and Harlequin Romance for the eARC in exchange for an honest review. I really enjoyed this book it was a fast and sweet read. I would describe this as a cozy witchy romance that would be fun to read in the fall.

I didn’t realize this was the second book in the series so i definitely need to go back and read the first book, and if there will be a third I’ll be reading that too. Leah and Gabe had me falling in love with their grumpy/sunshine dynamic and the fact there was a black lab in the book just had me hooked even more.

The writing had some highlights and spelling errors I would just double check on, but it was a smooth read that was a nice break after a work day. The plot twist at the end was unexpected, which I personally enjoyed that it wasn’t stereotypical.

[Thank you to Netgalley and Harlequin Romance for the eARC in exchange for an honest review]

I am someone who loves a cozy, witch romance and this book is just that. It's an easy read and can be read as a stand alone, though it's the second book of the Toil & Trouble series. This book has the FMC as a human and the MMC as a warlock, which is a different take on witchy romances.

Since humans aren't supposed to know about witch society (Leah has to pretend she doesn't know anything about it), there's some magical elements but not a ton.

This is a grumpy/sunshine slow burn romance. Leah and Gabriel butt heads (he *really* doesn't like humans) but the more time they spend together, the more interested they become. I truly appreciated all of the growth Gabriel showed over the course of the book.

The secret villain kind of comes out of left field for me (maybe a little bit forced). The book focuses on Leah and Gabriel so the 'villain' becomes sort of a side plot.

Loved this so much, i want october to be here to reread again, such a witchy fun read for cozy feelings, definitely fun and would be recommend 100% . Maybe even see if i can get it picked by the book club 😅

This was a DNF situation for me. I wanted to love it. I did not enjoy the way the characters talked at all. It just couldn’t keep my attention.
Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for this arc ebook in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.

"De-Witched" kept me entertained through the entire book. I couldn’t set "De-Witched" down after I started reading it. The story moved along quickly with characters that were likeable and easy to root for. It transitioned nicely from the first book in this series. The right amount of review from the previous story, "The Witch is back," was provided. It was wonderful to read a story with the main character having a good attitude and was not always angry. The other main character's development and growth was also fun to read. I had a few chuckles while reading "De-Witched". The ending was very satisfying.

A really cute story! I read the whole thing in one sitting it was such a fun romance. I loved the dynamic between the two main characters.

So delightful!! Would be a fantastic read around fall and Halloween, but is also a great summer read!

Thank you Netgalley for the ARC!

This was a decent story. I loved the chemistry between Gabriel and Leah. I enjoyed the back and forth between them, and the build up to their relationship.

2.5/5 on the spicy level in my opinion. If spice isn't for you, there's definitely enough story plot to skip those scenes and not miss anything.

I really liked Gabriel and Leah's story. It was an interesting concept of the two diverse cultures. I also like how unbending Gabriel became more human and Leah was not afraid to be with witches. Fun secondary characters.

I loved this one! It was the grumpy x sunshine slow burn of my dreams! I can’t wait to buy myself a physical copy so I can annotate my favorite parts 😍

I am very excited to be reading this book! My full review to follow.
Thank you to the author, publisher and NetGalley for this ARC in exchange for my honest review.

Gabriel Goodnight can I take you home please and thank you!!! I loved DeWitched as much if not more than The Witch is Back. The Toil and Trouble series is well written and developed with great characters, romance and a sprinkling of drama. Cannot wait for more from the author.

Thanks NetGalley for an ARC, this was a wonderful read that I'll recommend to all.