High Sensitivity was a term that I encountered more than a decade ago, and I found it useful to understand some of my loved ones.
Yet, it is not a medically accepted term, and I shall say that words such as sensitive and shy have the potential to cause stigma like any other form of labelling due to the label/term/adjective being used by others to define or describe the person who is having challenges.
And also yet, these words simply mean being reactive to the physical stimuli or being affected by them, when the person who uses them are well-meaning and merely stating a fact.

Hence, I was happy to pick this book up, with the above in mind, and I liked the author’s approach.
For those who are reading such a workbook/book for the first time, this is highly valuable.
For others, there are some new tools and suggestions and you will find a great summary of mindfulness tools for children.
What stood out for me was the ease and suitability of the tools suggested; children of a certain age (I’d say 7+) could implement the strategies on their own, without much supervision.

While much of this workbook is pretty well-trodden territory, with your typical relaxation and self-expression activities that can be found in any SEL book for kids, there were a handful of more unique activities that I appreciated (for example, the "Use Your Umbrella" exercise invites kids to practice shielding themselves from the "storm" of other people's emotions, while "Name Your Needs" gives some helpful scripts for how to politely let someone know what's bothering you). Some pages are more engaging than others, but there are a lot of solid ideas here - I could definitely see using them as a jumping off point for more in-depth conversations.

I have mixed feelings about teaching kids to label themselves as "highly sensitive children" - certainly, validating the experiences of kids who experience the world more intensely is important, but I think the label can sometimes do more harm than good. Therefore, I'm probably more likely to make copies of relevant pages for the kids I work with rather than sharing the workbook in its entirety.

This is a great workbook for kids and if they developed a companion one for adults to do alongside their kiddos, I wouldn't be mad. My 8 year old was a little skeptical at first because he thought it would be actual work like school, but he quickly got on board when he recognized that he enjoyed the activities. We both learned a lot and since we read it as an ebook. Identifying feelings and challenging negativity is super important for kids to be able to do. I will definitely be seeking this out in paper format. Loved the references at the back of the book. I've read Dr. Elaine Aron's work and I think this is a great compliment to working with your child if they are highly sensitive.

The workbook is so great for children to make them knowing more about what they feeling and what to do to cope with their feeling. It's a great read and I will recommend this to parent.

A lovely book with 50 exercises for sensitive kids. I was such a sensitive kid I would have loved to have had something like this book. I really recommend this for anyone with sensitive kids

Very helpful workbook for understanding sensitive children and a very systemic approach to learning ways to approach things.

I do believe it would be easier for a child whom can already read, but is adaptable for younger children like my 4 year old!!

I found this book to be very helpful in helping to understand my sensitive 8 year old. I liked how it brought feelings to paper so she could visually show what she’s feeling. I did however find it difficult to follow along with the Kindle version due to the fact that a lot of the words ran into each other or ended up on different lines altogether. All in all, I would recommend this workbook.

Having been a former HSC, I'm grateful for literature and resources like this one. Embracing diverse personalities and abilities is crucial for societal progress, and I believe this book could have been a valuable asset during my upbringing, offering guidance for both myself and my caregivers. Many adults today face challenges in understanding and verbalizing their emotions, which could have been alleviated with the help of books like this earlier on. I particularly appreciate the suggested exercises and intend to share this resource with my therapist friends, as well as integrate some of these activities into my own routine.

I experienced a lot of compatability issues with the Kindle version. I think this book has a ton of helpful information for parents to help their children, and to understand what a Highly Sensitive Person is. I enjoyed looking at the activies in this book, and even found that some of them helped me with my overwhelm as an adult. I reccomend this to any parent with a sensitive child.

I have a 5-year-old who is on the sensitive side and this workbook is a great way to start working on some of our issues.

I have never used such workbooks before and I found the format interesting. The content is more suited for older kids who can already read and write (7+) but some of the activities can also be done by younger kids and a lot can be adapted as well.

The content follows a pretty systematic approach, where the child is invited to get to know their feelings first, before actually getting practical tips on how to deal with them. One is tempted to skip to the end, but the "prep work" is also very important.

A terrific resource with 50 helpful exercises for highly sensitive children and their parents. I could have used this book as a child and still learned a great deal from it as an adult. Recommended!

This is a great workbook! My preteen really enjoyed it. It sparked great conversation. I will be buying a hard copy!

Very helpful and actionable workbook to help anyone parenting a highly sensitive child. Great insight and resources and gave me lots to think about for myself as well. Thank you for this ARC

Highly recommend for anyone struggling with how to help their child who is highly sensitive. Great resources and activities for parents and children to do together while exploring big emotions and more. So grateful for this!

This was a timely and highly useful read for my family. I have a five year old daughter who has so many emotions that she shuts down at times when she feels overwhelmed. I really needed ideas on how to help her because what I was doing was not working and we just ended up being frustrated at each other. This was a wonderful resource to do along side her and really helped connect one on one. it was was helpful for her older siblings as well. I'm a mom of four kids ages 3- 7years old and it's a lot of work trying to help each one out as they discover their emotions and feelings. I am so grateful for this resource and I am definitely buying this in paperback once it is published because I even learned lessons along the way. What a beautiful reminder and easy lesson that helps not only children , but caretakers too!

As a teacher and a parent, I would absolutely recommend this workbook designed for highly sensitive children. Highly sensitive children usually are more sensitive to lights, sounds and textures, display anxiety about new situations, are affected by others' emotions are bothered by mistakes and tend to have "big feelings." But highly sensitive individuals also tend to be empathetic, intelligent, kind, and detail-oriented. This book is organized into chapters titled: Understanding Big Feelings, Create Calm, Identify your Wants and Needs, Express Yourself, Create Boundaries, and Feel Good! Each chapter features activities for the child to complete with a family member. The activities are designed to be engaging for small children. This is a book I wish I had as a child!

I so wish I had access to this book or one similar, when I was a child. I think it would have helped my mother navigate raising me as well. I was most definitly a HSC and I only learn about my highly sensitive trait when I became a teenager. Over time, I learned to accomodate myself and rest more in who I am and how my HS impacts my everyday.
This is such an important book and I can truly how this could end up saving some kid's life - or at least their quality of life.

I really enjoyed this book. I've been looking for something similar to help expand my skills and this was absolutely perfect to achieve my goals.

I was mainly interested in this book because my oldest daughter is highly sensitive. After reading it, I’d certainly recommend this to parents that struggle with connecting and communicating with their HS kids. The activities are fun and interesting without making the child feel self conscious. Loved it and will use it.

As I am quite familiar with HSP/HSC and their needs, I was very hopeful about this workbook. Luckily, my expectations were met, and I was thrilled at the activities offered. I believe that the majority of the book is most helpful for 5-7 year olds, with some activities being usable for children on either side of that range. (Coloring activities, for example, lose their appeal for older elementary kids but would be more successful for a younger child.) I can't wait to get a physical copy of this for the HSC in my own life.