Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Firstly I am a little annoyed that this book wasn’t publicized as a series and was seen as more of a standalone. Reading it there were some elements I was thinking hmm.

The story follows Lady Georgiana Pendlebury who likes to do what she wants and breaks the rules of her society. After a situation in which her reputation was almost shattered she needed to keep a low profile until she meets her “savior” again later that summer…

Overall it is a fun read, fill of banter some steam and set in a regency era. However in places it got a little forced and obvious and at times the characters fell a little flat.

Thank you to Boldwood books for a Netgalley arc.

One of the funniest historical romances I have read!!

The author has such a vibrant description of the world building and the language used for both the characterisation and the setting were just enjoyable and lyrical to read.

The relationship was rooted well between our two main characters and their love story developed quite well. The tension was palpable and overall really fun to read.

Tropes: forced proximity, marriage of convenience, romantic tension,

A regenct romance with an extra spice start. Lady Georgina finds herself at house party that is way more scandalous than she was prepared for. When a masked gentleman finds her hiding, she becomes emboldened to take what she wants. Fast forward a few weeks and she’s suddenly at the masked man’s house while he hunts for a wife.

The premise of the book was promising for a delightful regency romp. I did find the author’s style lacking smooth storytelling and never became too invested in either of the main characters. The MMC had very contrasting personality traits at different points in the book which didn’t offer anything other than confusion on the part of the reader. And overall okay read though and not something that I considered a waste of time. 2.5 stars rounded to 3.

If Jane Austen and Jilly Cooper sat down to pen a novel together then perhaps it would look like this.
Full of regency charm and gorgeous characters that feel as though they could have been written by a novelist of the time but with a lot of added spice and plenty of moments to make this particular reader blush.

When Lady Georgiana turns up at a summer party with a friend of hers it becomes quickly apparent that this is not the place for a fine young lady of standing such as she.
And yet something or somebody makes her stay.

A man behind a mask, identities hidden, complete anonymity, carte blanche to misbehave - until of course what happens that night comes back to confront her as she is reunited by her hidden flame when she least expects it and the masks have been taken off.

Who hasn't accidentally found oneself at an orgy, been rescued by a handsome stranger, who turned out to be a Duke, and then found themselves staying at his home whilst he had a house party to choose a wife?
Amusing, regency romp with independently minded women, and dastardly baddies and a sexy hero, a crowd pleaser for fans of Bridgerton,

I really enjoyed my time with this book and the characters. There was romance, intrigue and a heartwarming edge. Oh and definitely some steamy moments. The plot itself moved pretty quickly and I was half way through the story before I even realised. Both Gabriel and Georgiana were engaging characters. I loved their interactions especially as they had so much fiery chemistry between them. However there was also a deep connection that the two were fighting against. This made their story even more entertaining and enjoyable.

A Duke of One’s Own was above all a fun read, with characters that made me smile. I couldn’t help but root for them. For me the romance was important but there was quite a bit more going on in the story along with a hint of danger that brought a deeper edge to proceedings. The minor characters also brought something to the story. Let’s just say that everything combined so well and kept me invested until the very end.

A Duke of One’s Own is a gorgeous historical romance, the perfect escape!

What a fun regency, historical romance! Loved this one by Emma Orchard. I read this without realizing it was part of a series and can’t wait to go back and read #1, and then #3 when it comes out later in the year!

I wasn't aware this was the second book in a series. At times I felt like I was missing some information, but all in all it could be read as a standalone.

I liked the like-able characters of the story, they felt well fleshed out.

Am intrigued about "Leaky Sue" - would really like to know how she came by her name.

I found this so difficult to finish. The style was inauthentic and struggled to find its voice. I also didn’t feel the chemistry between the characters were all that interesting. It was boring and predictable unfortunately

3.5 stars rounded down. Lady Georgiana Pendlebury has secrets that she doesn't want to come out. She was involved with a man who wanted to marry her, but was really only after her money. Her family refused him and his half sister invites Georgiana to a party to get back at her. The party is scandalous and she meets a man who steps in to save her, but has an intimate encounter with her as well. Later that summer, she is invited to a party, planned to enable Duke Gabriel Mauleverer to find a wife. What she didn't expect was that the Duke was the masked man from the previous party. They have another rendezvous and eventually strike up a close friendship. He would like to marry her, but she turns him down. Will he be able to convince her to become his bride.

From the beginning this book was steamy, way more steamy than I am used to. The story is pretty straight forward, but there are some bumps along the road. With the tonne, there is always some nastiness, and many who only want to marry for money or prestige, but Georgiana wants to marry for love. She finds Gabriel hard to resist, but doesn't want to marry just because they are lusting for one another. There was lots of fun banter, several steamy scenes and wonderful family support. This book definitely brought the first season of Bridgerton to mind as I read it. If you enjoy a steamy, sexy, Victorian romp, with likeable characters, then this book is for you.

I just could not get into this book. I tried several times to make head way with this but to no success. I did not like either MC and thought the heroine gullible IMO.

I received an ARC from NetGalley with thanks and submit my honest review herewith.

I don't know exactly what I didn't like about this book but I just found it a bit boring.

Everything seemed to either go very fast or very slow and I just found it a bit unbelievable. I much prefer the more modern historical romances as they are less dramatic and over the top.

DNF @26%

I love historical fiction romances where the woman is strong-minded and knows what she wants, and I thought 'A Duke of One's Own' would be perfect, unfortunately, it didn't turn out to be the case. In the beginning, we meet Georgiana who is rebellious and uncaring of her reputation, this was exactly what I wanted as a heroine. As the story progressed I felt like Georgiana suddenly just became boring. Once we are introduced to the Male Love Interest Gabriel, it suddenly becomes all about that. There's no coiling sexual tension that builds into a crescendo of just Spicy Love, but they were pretty much all over each other and couldn't talk about anything other than how much they wanted each other.

I did enjoy how Orchard wrote, while I am not a historian I felt her language and characterization of the time was spot on. I just wished that Orchard took as much time and care for the plot and relationship, as it just didn't hook me as much as I wanted to.

Overall, just not my cup of tea but it may be yours.

In this racy historical romance, readers travel to Regency England where Lady Georgiana Pendlebury embarks on a series of new romantic misadventures. After recently escaping from a romantic entanglement, Georgie finds herself at a very scandalous party and disappears with a strange man. Imagine her surprise when it turns out that her mystery lover is the Duke of Northriding, who is seeking a wife -- and Georgie is a strong candidate! The romantic and sexual tension is strong between them and very mutual, but is it enough for a marriage? A quick and racy romantic read, fans of Bridgerton will certainly enjoy the tension and the will-they-won’t-they of the novel. Georgie is a flawed but self-aware and adventurous heroine, and Gabriel, the Duke, is surprisingly complex below the surface. For romance and historical fiction readers expecting racy content will certainly enjoy this book, but readers less interested in such topics can enjoy this too (while skipping around such chapters). Orchard’s characters are the star of the novel, and the relationships between the protagonists and with the minor characters are also fun to read and witness, especially as Georgie and Gabriel grow over the course of this fun, racy, Regency-era historical fiction novel.

I really tried to like this book but something just wasn’t clicking. I loved how the main couple met in a unique way compared to other historical romances, but the author really didn’t use that meeting to her advantage. I don’t like how they had like two conversations, mostly about their first meeting, and then, all of a sudden, the MC is asking to marry her. I love the marriage of convenience trope, but this is not that trope.

It's far from being a bad book, but it's also far from being a memorable book; I don't think I'm in my prime of regency romance books. A Duke of Ones Own lacks a bit of attitude to make it stand out from the crowd, the characters are okay and the romance is cute, but it's not something I'll remember in a few months. Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for providing an arc in exchange for an honest review!

This wasn't marked as part of a series on Netgalley. So I feel like I missed a few things that tied in from the first book. The characters and their story fell flat to me and I had a hard time connecting.

This book was an absolute delightful surprise! I don't think I've read a historical romance quite like this before. What really made it for me was the heroine, and how absolutely unique she was to other book heroines.
To start, she finds herself in quite the predicament as she gets tricked into being in a compromising position. And this lady, who comes from an upstanding family, instead of running away, capitalizes on it. And that's all I'll say about that.

And maybe Georgiana surprised me because I hadn't read the other book(s) in this series. I got the feeling she was in those, at least a little bit. Don't concern yourself, however, with feeling like you can't read this until you've read the others. It wasn't confusing at coming into this book without the backstory of the previous couple (Georgiana's brother and sister-in-law).

I think one of the things I loved the most about this one, was the brilliant premise. Georgiana, after having an "experience" with a strange gentlemen that she didn't quite see without his mask, is just waiting to run into him again. Anxious about it because of what it could do to her reputation.

And, lo and behold, who does she run into when she travels to a house party with her--Duke of Northriding--the very man she was hoping to avoid. I loved the chemistry between these two! It was electric from the first page!

This writer is one to follow! Her characters were well-written, the story was humorous, yet engaging, and I was hooked from the prologue. This story captured me so much that I kind of went on a historical romance binge trying to chase that same feeling that this book provided.

I can't wait to read more from this author! She knows how to write some steamy and hilarious historical romance!

Thank you to NetGalley and Boldwood Books for the ARC of the book in exchange of an honest review.

I've been on a historical romance kick lately and this did not disappoint. It was funny and spicy and exactly what I needed at the moment. As Bridgerton season three is about to be released I think book will appeal to many readers.

A fun regency romance with some steamy moments, balancing the humour and romance perfectly.
Set in 1816, Lady Georgiana Pendlebury is navigating scandal and intrigue in Yorkshire
Will she find her happily ever after with Duke Gabriel, even though he has a terrible reputation as a rake
Even though it’s part of The Runaway Heiress series, it can be read as a stand alone novel
Pure escapism, perfect fans for Bridgerton
Thanks @emmaorchardbooks @boldwoodbooks & @netgalley for the fun regency romp