Cover Image: The Customer Is Always Wrong

The Customer Is Always Wrong

Thank you for the EARC NetGalley and Harper Celebrate. The Customer is Always Wrong is oh so right about so many things. If you’ve ever worked, at all, in any environment this book is for you. It is the ultimate catharsis for all of our daily struggles. I mean, who hasn’t wanted to tell a customer they are wrong or say something snarky during the interview process? So fun and so perfect when you need to laugh so you don’t cry.

Cute, fast, and kinda funny.

I thought this would have more stories about customers and work in general. I’d heard a lot of this online already.

But, if it’s new to you and you want to read a bunch of rants and very few actual funny stories, I’d recommend it to you. It just wasn’t for me.

Thanks to NetGalley for the ARC. All opinions are my own.

Even the best jobs have their drawbacks, and in this hilarious romp through the lows and lowers of working for the man in the 21st century, I reflected on how fortunate to have a job that doesn't make me want to Kool-Aid Man smash through the wall to get out.

Funny, sarcastic and painfully relatable for someone who works in retail. I enjoyed this quite a bit.

The Customer is Always Wrong
By: Scott Seiss
Publication Date: September 10th 2024

"The Customer is Always Wrong" by Scott Seiss is a hilarious book on the challenges of customer service. This book had me chuckling all the way through and maybe pondering putting in that 2 week notice. Thanks for keeping up the spirts of the working class person. I'll keep watching and liking you on social.

Thank you Netgalley, Scott Seiss and Harper Celebrate for allowing me a ARC of this book in exchange for my honest review.

Thank you to Netgalley for a copy for an honest review

I really enjoyed it and would highly recommend and I can’t wait to buy a copy for myself 🙂

Rating 4 stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

first I will just say, that this book wasn't for me, I requested it, thinking it would be like in cartoon format, like the Cathy comic strips, and in reality this could have been read in my kindle in a format that the kindle supports, instead of being forced to read this on my cell phone, too small and it wasn’t enjoyable…

that being said, when you get this book in book format I believe it will be great, with a nice sense of humour and a perfect gift for your friends who work in retail, yeah, they will probably relate with more than a couple of situations and stories.

Thank you Netgalley and Harper Celebrate, for the free ARC, and this is my honest opinion.

This book was a breath of fresh air. I certainly appreciated the laughs, especially when I realized that he worked at my hometown's Ikea store. I loved the local references and definitely recognized his apt descriptions of coworkers. Thanks for making retail jobs fodder for some fabulous comedy.

This was such a hilarious and incredibly relatable read. I love that this was somewhat of a graphic novel and think it made the book so much better. I love the job interview questions and application.

I really enjoyed the humor of this book, especially since I work with the public on a daily basis and understand the absolute chaos that people can bring to your workplace.

At times, the humor was a bit too obnoxious and obvious for my taste, but it wasn't too bad that I wasn't able to enjoy the book.

Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for a digital copy of this book in exchange for my honest opinion.

It's strange to say I apricate the rage of this title, but I did! This book also made me laugh many times because I remember a lot of these exact frustration points with my own job search. For example, why am I imputing my resume details twice, again? The point about waiting for one's monetization of a hobby to take off was also on point for this current working era. Give this book a try! It might not be for everyone, but I think many people with less than ideal jobs will feel seen in their many hatted positions, but they're only getting paid to for one of them.

This book is great! I worked retail for 23 years so it really hit home with me. It was so funny and full of those things you wish you could have said! Anyone that has worked retail would enjoy this. The application part was great, I once didn't get hired because when asked what my previous boss said was an area I needed to improve I told him they never said I needed to improve! Oh the service industry is rough and everyone needs to work in it at least once and even better if you read this book first!

It's a good thing this is a humor book, because the descriptions about all the bad things at work is too real. Every aspect is covered, and I could relate to the frustration and even anger at dealing with some of the situations. I highly recommend this for relaxation after a rough day and as a gift to friends going through a rough time at work, so they know they're not alone. Thanks to NetGalley for letting me read this

***PER REQUEST OF THE PUBLISHER, THIS REVIEW WILL GO LIVE ON THE RELEASE DATE OF 9/10***

I don’t typically read many humor books, because it’s very difficult to be funny on the page, in my opinion. Humor just usually doesn’t translate that well most of the time, especially when it comes to stand-up comedy. However, I’m a big fan of this guy’s angry customer service rants on the internet and when I saw that an ARC of his book was available, I figured, why not?

I can safely say that I related to this book a LOT, having been thoroughly traumatized by working in various customer service roles for years. I agree with Seiss’s takes on pretty much everything, and yes: he DID make me laugh. There are several sections of rants in this book and I could practically hear them in his voice, with that TikTok music behind it. But there’s also a variety of other topics and different formats to shake things up, as well as a few illustrations.

The only issue I can see is maybe the timeliness of some of the pop culture name drops. For example, I don’t think a MrBeast reference will age well in the distant future, but that’s just my personal opinion. I only vaguely know who that guy is right now. But the actual humor throughout is good, especially if you’ve struggled with bad experiences at work.

Seiss covers everything from customer interactions to bosses to the hiring process, and there are constant gems. It’s a light read and I enjoyed it quite a bit!

Thank you to Netgalley and to the publisher for this ARC in exchange for an honest review! All opinions are my own.

If Scott Seiss sees this, thank you for speaking up on behalf of the employees. Lol

Sadly, this was not a very exciting read. It was fairly dull and repetitive - I have no idea how the book is as long as it is. I DNF'd it around 35%. Thank you to the publisher and NetGalley for the ARC.

I loved this book! It was hilarious! The book I was so relatable to my everyday struggles in the corporate world. No one loves their job, it’s nice to relax and read about the issues that we all face when working. I agree the customers are always wrong!

This had me cracking up! I worked in retail and I don't know how many times I wanted to "punch" someone in the face because of their attitude towards me as the cashier. I think everyone will enjoy this book to some extent because we all know and have seen the customers that think they are always right!

This book was extremely relatable and hilarious! I would love a book where there was more comic book esq. storytelling because it was hilarious!

This was a big miss for me.
First, I thought it was going to be a graphic novel mocking some of the many horrifically ridiculous customer interactions retail employees put up with daily. (I've been there. I know.)

Instead, we have an oddly formatted, overly wordy manifesto from apparently the world's worst employee.

I went into this unfamiliar with the author's reputation and body of work, so if I had known, I might have decided to skip it altogether. I just don't find this brand of hyperbolic vitriol amusing. But I am sure there are many that do. (He has a large internet following, I believe.)

Semi-graphic novel celebrating the plight of the retail worker.

The way this is described I thought it would be a full-on graphic novel. There are a few drawings but it’s mostly just text, so really just a humor book. It was funny in parts. I laughed a couple of times.