Loved book 3 at first I was annoyed with Morgan because she left Draven and I understood why but knowing what was waiting for her in the castle was frustrating as well .. the moment she started realizing that she shouldn’t have left draven I was like yeah no duh girl…
This book was really good. I liked this storyline that we were back in her realm and we were getting both POV‘s from where he was and where she was like. We had a bad guy Arthur was still there. I still haven’t forgiven her for Beck death though.

Another absolutely captivating sequel in the unique Arthurian retelling series, Blood of Fae. With truths revealed about the FMC's past and the rising revolution, it was easy to lose myself in reading. The building connections between main and side characters made this my favorite in the series yet! While FMC still seems relatively naive and quick to make some decisions, I can see clear character development from her and I am so so so looking forward to the next one in the series (but also not because it's the end 😭).

Big thanks to Starwater Press, Briar Boleyn and NetGalley for a copy of this book in exchange for my honest opinions!

The more I get into these books, the more I grow fond of Briar Boleyn's style of writing. This books picks up right after the last book, and this is where both Draven’s and Morgan’s world (sort of) collide, and we understand why it was so important to go into detail with the characters from Draven’s (now Morgans’ court).

I enjoyed the fact that this book had a more political stance and that the intrigue was a little more centered around that, I feel like each book centers of different events, while still being very connected and logical.

I’m going to be a little more critical of this book, but I still very much enjoyed it. I’ll have to admit, I don’t really understand what was the deal with Javier following Morgan and his role, and I feel like we could have avoided this side character as a whole.

I am also a conflicted in regard to Fenyx, as it felt a bit like a rewrite of Florian, but I do understand how he was influential to Arthur and the storyline.

I liked that we see a growth in Morgan’s character and that she seems more mature and realizes and apologizes for some of her attitude.

I honestly didn’t understand Lancelet’s reaction, especially as a knight, I’m glad they were able to move past it, but it felt unlike what we had seen of her, but then again, trauma and near-death experience will change someone.

Thank you net galley for providing me with this arc.
This was my favourite book in the series so far there was just so much story and action. I cannot wait to read book 4 hopefully there's more driven!

I love this series so I did what I always do, I read it slowly. i take my time because I don’t want the story to end.

The third book in the series pick up where the second left off. The story mostly follows Morgan but fortunately there are some chapters from Draven’s POV. I would’ve loved more chapters from his POV.

On to the fourth book because I just have to know how this ends.

Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for my copy.

With this third book, my feelings are mixed. Diving back into Morgan's world as she embraces her identity as Morgan Le Fay was both thrilling and a bit overwhelming.

On the positive side, I loved seeing Morgan’s character growth. Her journey to uncover her true heritage and harness her powers was captivating. The bond between her and Draven added emotional depth, even if it felt repetitive at times. Their interactions kept me invested, but I wished for more variation in their dynamic.

The plot is undeniably fast-paced and packed with twists. While this kept me turning the pages, I sometimes felt that the constant surprises came at the expense of deeper storytelling. There were moments when the plot felt rushed, and I longed for more time to explore the secondary characters and their development.

Overall, Empress of Fae is a decent read for those already invested in the series.

Empress of Fae is the third book in this Arthurian retelling with a Fae twist. Once again, we begin with Morgan finding herself in quite a peculiar situation. Now she finds herself in Camelot. Was it to flee her current situation, save her brother, or both?

This book features more of the slow burn romance as the relationship between Draven and Morgan build. I felt the supporting characters also got to shine in this book as we learn more about them and what encourages them to fight.

This story was fast-paced but I did feel a bit of a lull towards the middle. That lull did not last long as the anticipation and story builds up towards the end. I found myself staying awake till 3 in the morning wanting to finish the book. I also adore how Briar Boleyn writes. It is as if I am speaking the words myself. They have such a natural flow.

Once again, thank you NetGalley, Starwater Press, and Briar Boleyn for providing me with an eARC of this book in exchange for my honest review.

This is an amazing fantasy series that you do not want to miss out on! You won’t want to stop reading. If you love fantasy books you will love this one!

The story just kept bringing more and more depth to their bonded fates. I absolutely loved their dreamland, their place or peace and bliss.

Thank you for allowing me to read this ARC book.

Reading this book, put No. 2 into a whole new light for me and I fell for Morgan Le Fey (Pen Dragon) all over again and harder this time.
Well paced, kept my interest and I needed to know more and see the development of the characters and story.... now I have to read the next installment as I have been left wanting more!

Beautifully written!

I needed this book after the first two, to see the FMC Morgan finally come into her own self, to see her strengths… and to finally take her powers and use them!

The MMC Kairos Draven is a dream and of course he would burn the world for her! I do wish there was a bit more emotion in writing from his POV.

The plot twists with her siblings/family were great, I did not see that coming…. Still some questions that have not been answered… I am on the edge of my seat and cannot wait to read book 4!

Book: Empress of Fae
Author: Briar Boleyn
Series: Blood of Fae, Book #3
Publisher: Starwater Press
Length: 407 Pages
Overall Rating: 5/5 Stars
Blog Rating: 5/5 Saltire Flags

This book centers around Morgan Pendragon known as Morgan Le Fay. It is also born to power in endless nights to cast down realms, a dark birthrights for both fae and mortals, their thrones shall swirl, in the child’s hands, lies the end of the world and existence! I suggest reading in book order or I think it might be confusing to readers if read as a stand alone book.

If you love stories of Merlin and King Author’s Camelot readers will definitely love this book. I see similarities between Briar Boleyn and Sarah J. Maas writing styles but the stories are completely different.I absolutely love books about fae and mortals. As Romantasy is a genre I absolutely love and Boleyn again pens another spellbinding book I could not put down.

Disclaimer: I received a complimentary copy and an advance reader from the publisher. I voluntarily agreed to do a fair review and blog through netgalley. All thoughts, ideas and words are my own.

Thank you to Briar Boleyn, Starwater Press, NetGalley for the ebook to celebrate the release of the fourth and final book in the series. Things I have liked in all three books so far:
*multiple points of view
*new characters in each book
*new side stories in each book
*surprises I didn't see coming

I wish there was more development in the transition between books 2 and 3. I felt like Morgan just got mad and made a rash decision. I know more of that was flushed out in the middle of book 3 but I just had this weird feeling between the two books. I am used to how hot and cold Morgan is but I was totally confused by her anger and decision to leave and destroy the arc.

#BloodofaFaeSeries #NetGalley

This book was so so so good! Paced really well and I love these characters. Can’t wait for the next!

Thank you to NetGalley and Starwater Press for the ARC

Things are heating up in this third instalment of the series. The stakes are higher and everything is more engrossing and exciting. I throughly enjoyed my time reading this and I can't wait for the next book

This series is phenomenal! I literally tell everyone about it. This book has the worst villain/goon. Morgan and Draven were apart for most of the book, but Boleyn makes it work with a little magic. There's some very well written spice. There are new side characters and old friends. There's a big twist towards the end. I left this book both feeling satisfied and eager for the next book. ARC provided by Starwater Press and NetGalley- thank you!!

I've been devouring this books like chocolate to be honest.. They are just the type of fantasy I like.. I'm beyond words

I am so happy that NetGalley gave me this series. I adore Briar Boleyn's style of writing. These books captivate me until the very last page. The imagination in sequences in the last book and this one in particular is so impressive. I can visualize the scenes and the world. Another aspect that I love about this series is the detail and development also involving the supporting characters. This makes a huge difference to the story, and elevates the writing. The spice I'd say is about a 3 on the spice scale. The throne room had me! Can't wait to see what happens next, but also sad to be finishing this series in the next book!

I could just copy and paste in Here what I wrote about book 1 and 2!
Oh Boy, it was amazing...again!
I could not put it down. Every chance I got, I kept reading. I loved the POV's, the fae, the spice. Just about everything about this book. Even If I repeat myself, but If you loved ACOTAR or Fourth Wing, please do me the davor and read these books.
The second I finished the third book I started with the fourth and I know that it will be just as awesome!

This is a turning out to be a fun popcorn read! I will be continuing when book 4 releases on audio. I do wish the names were based off of King Arthur but otherwise it’s a fun time.