Thank you to Boldwood books for the ARC of this one. I did enjoy the book for the most part but felt that the pacing was very slow and thus it took quite a while for me to get into it. I kept waiting for something big to happen and I felt like everything happened in the past ten percent of the book. Both main characters had interesting back stories and I liked the aspect that they both worked for a helicopter ambulance service. I feel like it was just A REALLY slow burn and that part was not for me unfortunately. Other people may really love this book and I do think it was well written. Thanks for the opportunity to review it!

This seemed a bit of a different book for me at the start but once I got reading it I loved it!
Noah has just moved to Dorset after his sister has died and left her baby daughter for him to bring up. His job as a paramedic in the air ambulance and looking after Eva are a lot to take on, can he manage to do both?
Maya is a pilot for the air ambulance team - her dream job. She’s recently got divorced from her demanding ex-husband although he doesn’t seem to accept that their seperation is permanent.
Noah & Maya find themselves on the same work team and after a bit of a rocky start they realise they really like each other. However with their complicated life’s will they have time for each other?

Helen Rolfe is wonderful, I have read many of her books and enjoyed them all, this is no different. It's easy to follow and engaging. Definitely recommend reading this one. 5 Stars.

Book 1 of a new series set in Dorset and the Air Ambulance. Maya is one of the pilots, her husband who she is divorced makes her life hell, but he has a hold over her and does not let her forget it. Noah is a new paramedic on the team he also has his niece living with him.

I loved it when Maya was checking everything in the cockpit, the crew wearing the helmets and talking to each other. I was so true, last year whist on a cruise I took a trip in Iceland in a Helicopter, It brought back memories for me and the book was so realistic.

A few problems are entwined in this story, but as usual it was another great read. I can recommend this and have no hesitation in giving 5* and looking forward to book 2

Come Fly With Me is a lovely book about second chances, resilience, healing, moving on, and finding the strength to do the right thing. Can't wait to continue with this series!

Helen Rolfe's Come Fly with Me ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Book 1 is about the Red team of the Skylarks, the air ambulance service of Whistlestop River.

Maya, a pilot in the red team, is living her dream. she must make her ex-husband realise that their relationship is over. BUT HOW?

Noah has relocated to Dorset to provide his niece, Eva, with the best life possible after her mother's tragic passing. Moving to the country from the city.

I absolutely loved it. Excited to see what’s next!

Let me start by saying I really love the cover of this book from the bright colours to the design. It made me click and request to read it, it is really eye catching and funky.

Our MC Maya is the helicopter pilot for the Whistlestop River Air Ambulance team. Which I thought was a really nice refreshing change for a book as this is not your usual female role in romance books. Having gone through a tricky divorce she is just trying to get on with her life, doing her dream job in Dorset. At the hospital she meets paramedic Noah, Who is also trying for a fresh start. This is a book about friendship, family and second chances. And coming to terms with what you once thought was a perfect life is not.

I really enjoyed the characters development and the storyline. It is the first book I have read by the author but I will definitely check out other books in her catalogue. I really enjoyed the writing style and pace of this book.

Thank you to NetGalley and Boldwood Books for an ARC copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Loved this book!!

When Noah, a critical care paramedic, is suddenly thrust into fatherhood when his sister dies in an accident; life is never the same for him. He inherits a 7 month old baby girl named Ava. He loses his selfish girlfriend, has to move from London to the country to fulfill his sister's wishes. At first he's so overwhelmed that he answers a letter from the biological father whom abandoned his sister while pregnant. That's when he finds out how bad the guy really is.

Maya is the helicopter captain who pilots the missions for air EMS rescues. They meet under stressful times at first, but soon get along great. Maya is divorced, but her ex didn't seem to get the memo. When her ex has an accident, she's stuck taking care of him when he's released. Only because saying no to him will inflict problems with their son.

Besides, her ex is emotionally blackmailing her from something that happened years ago. When her ex finds out about Noah and Maya's friendship, he comes up with an ultimatum. Noah will get to keep his niece if he stays away from Maya forever.

What will Noah do with this information? Use it or cut Maya off from their lives?

A must read!!

I am a huge fan of Helen and her work and I have been for a while now. By no means have I read everything that she has written but that is something that I am working on and hope to have completed in the not too distant future. When I heard that Helen was due to release the first book in a new series, I knew that I had to grab a copy at the earliest opportunity and hibernate until after I had read the very last word on the very last page. Well ladies and gents the wait is over because Helen's new book is called 'Come Fly With Me' and it was released on 22nd May 2024. It's another superb book by Helen. I thoroughly enjoyed reading 'Come Fly With Me' but more about that in a bit.

It took me no time at all to get into 'Come Fly With Me'. In fact by the time I got to the end of the synopsis, I realised three things. Firstly that I was reading something special, secondly that I was going to enjoy the story and thirdly that I would become addicted to reading it. I was spot on with all three predictions. I picked the book up only intending to read a chapter or two but I was still sat there reading several chapters and two hours later. I was blown away by the story and by the characters. In fact the two main characters of Maya and Noah ended up feeling more like friends than characters in a book. I had my own theory as to how the story was going to progress so of course I had to keep reading to see if I was on the right track or if I had wandered off in the opposite direction. I was so wrapped up in the story and in the lives of the different characters that I didn't realise just how quickly the time was passing and how quickly I was getting through the book. All too quickly I reached the end of 'Come Fly With Me' and I had to say goodbye to Maya, Noah and the rest of the characters. I found 'Come Fly With Me' to be a delight to read from start to finish with lots of love, life and laughs.

'Come Fly With Me' is superbly written but then I have come to expect nothing less from Helen Rolfe. Helen has an easy going writing style that is easy to get used to and easy to get along with. In fact reading one of Helen's books feels more like a chat between friends rather than reading a book. Helen certainly knows how to grab the reader's attention and draw them into what proves to be one heck of a story. Helen clearly adores her characters and this shines through in the very vivid and realistic way in which she describes them. She makes her characters seem just as real as you and I. I have to say that I loved the fact that the story involves the local air ambulance service, which is a cause close to my heart. I love the way in which Helen makes the reader feel as though they are part of the story and at the heart of the action. That's how I felt anyway.

In short, I adored reading 'Come Fly With Me' and I would most certainly recommend it to other readers. I look forward to much more of Helen's work in the future. The score on the Ginger Book Geek board is a very well deserved 5* out of 5*.

A fairly decent read but Conrad’s nastiness overwhelmed the rest of the story making it quite uncomfortable at times. Very little romance or friendship here, just mostly drama. Mayas big secret wasn’t very surprising and the fact that she hid it for so long then just went around telling everyone at once was a bit odd.

Come Fly With Me is the first in a new series The Skylarks featuring the Whistlestop River air ambulance team.

I've loved every one of Rolfe's series I've read to date; Lantern Square, The Kindness Club on Mapleberry Lane and the Heritage Cove. So I knew I was going to love this one just as much.

It's a heartwarming read full of love, loss and everything in between.

Friends to lovers is another of my favourite tropes, as is the happy ever after.

Maya and Noah are both struggling with unforeseen events in their private lives, so throw themselves headlong into their work to keep themselves occupied. They find comfort in each other and then romance finds them.

Brilliant characters, a great storyline and an absolute delight to read.

What a terrific start to a new series! I’m already looking forward to the next instalment. Whistlestop River is a delightful setting, and I could envisage the patchwork fields and the breathtaking coastline each time the helicopter took to the skies. Of course, there was no way that a book by this author would be a boy meets girl easy read, and I’m here for each stretch of turbulence when it’s always handled so expertly.
Maya, our fearless female protagonist, is a beacon of strength. A helicopter pilot who bravely escaped a controlling husband, her journey is anything but light reading.
Noah could have stepped straight out of the cast of a glossy television series; he’d be an excellent addition to the faces on Grey’s Anatomy. Well, the guy I imagined would. His backstory is not without baggage, although it seems unreasonable to refer to Eva as baggage.
The zing of attraction between Maya and Noah was unmistakable, and it was intriguing to see how their friendship grew and evolved into a gorgeous connection. Of course, nothing ever runs smoothly, and they must overcome myriad issues before they can relax and enjoy each other’s company.
As usual, Helen has created some wonderful characters and developed them gently yet fully. This book is an absolute pleasure to read, and the storyline is exactly what I would expect from such a dramatic premise. Their stories are believable, and I could feel the rush when they took to the air for another rescue. It also highlighted the dangers related to fake calls.
I’m more than ready to read the next instalment.

A really lovely read. I loved everything about this story Maya was a fantastic character and her occupation as a pilot of the Air ambulance HEMS team was so interesting as well as her home life where she faced many problems not least from her ex husband Conrad but also her relationship issues with her father. The writing was so good with lots of good story lines that made me want to keep reading and I thoroughly enjoyed it

I recently binged all of the available episodes of the American/Canadian show SkyMed and the Australian show RFDS, both of which feature flying medical services, so picking up Helen Rolfe's novel, Come Fly with Me was the perfect follow up. I read it in one weekend, and then spent a few nights listening to the audiobook as I fell asleep, and enjoyed both immensely.

What I liked most was that this isn't a story about innocent ingenues. Both Maya and Noah have life experience, and been adversely affected by it. Reading a friends-to-romance story about actual adults with jobs and children was wonderful, and both characters really sang.

I also liked the choice to set it in a flying EMT service. I love hospital dramas as much as anyone, but adding the element of flight took things to another level (no pun intended) and really let Rolfe show off her research skills as well.

The pacing of the story seemed pretty much perfect to me, and I enjoyed the side characters as well, because they rounded out the story and added dimension to the leads. I also appreciated Rolfe's vivid descriptions of the fields around Dorset and the skies above them. I felt like I was along for the helicopter ride, racing to someone's rescue.

Overall, this is a fantastic read, much deeper than a typical romance, with a really satisfying story. The fact that it's book one of a new series is an added bonus.

Goes well with coffee and a breakfast sandwich from a local café

BLOG TOUR REVIEW

Review for 'Come Fly With Me' by Helen Rolfe.

What another absolute stunner from the extremely talented Helen Rolfe!! Well done Helen on yet another absolutely beautiful and perfect read!! This is the ideal escapism where you could sit there and turn around and just imagine everything coming to life around you.

This book is extremely well written with beautiful descriptions that completely drew me in. The synopsis and the cover match the storyline perfectly!!

This absolutely wonderful book completely swept me away. I absolutely adored the storyline and getting to know the lives of so many different people, seeing their relationships and friendships change and see how they react to secrets, heartache, changes, drama, romance and everything else that goes on in this absolutely fantastic read!! I adored the fact that it was mainly based around an air ambulance team with the main protagonists being a pilot and a critical care paramedic. I have yet to read a book with an air ambulance team and characters and I was just absolutely fascinated by the different situations and scenarios going on. Along with the pilots and critical care paramedics we get to meet and learn the lives and relationships of the engineer, patient and family liaison nurses, operational support officer along with friends and family of the team. I've not been to Dorset for several years and missed it before I read this book but OMG Helen has made me want to jump in the car and go straight back now!!! Her evocative writing skills ensures the readers are absolutely sucked into the stunning storyline with the atmosphere and characters coming to life all around them. I absolutely fell in love venturing back into Dorset, especially "seeing" it from the skies and Helen's vivid descriptions are absolutely perfect and evocative. I became so invested in this book that it actually felt like going on a holiday and I absolutely dreaded coming to the end where I had to unpack my suitcase and get back to reality. It was an absolutely compelling and addictive heart lifting read that kept me turning the pages until late at night. I loved discovering the pasts, secrets and histories of the characters and I was absolutely swept away in the story line. Everything and everyone came to life around me and I cannot wait to return in the next book in this absolutely stunning series. This really is the perfect start to it! This book really was an emotional rollercoaster ride filled with friendship, family, drama, medicine, love, secrets, affairs, romance, drama, heartache, emotions and everything you could ask for!!! The fact that Helen has done her research when it comes to the air ambulance and hospital environments completely shines through so a HUGE well done to Helen. It is a massive shame when authors don't do enough research into their chosen topics and/or environments and their books are then littered with unnecessary mistakes as it really can spoil a book that would otherwise be fantastic. This book is escapism at its best and is a perfect way to disappear into an amazing world for a while. It is one of those books that I just could not put down and drive everyone mad by walking around reading it every chance I got and ended up devouring it in one sitting!! This book would make an absolutely gorgeous movie which I would absolutely love to see!!

An absolutely gorgeous, page turning and addictive start to what is guaranteed to be a stunning series!! Don't even peek into this book until you've cleared your schedules as you won't be able to put it down!!

I was completely invested in the characters, along with the storyline, who were all, well almost all, absolutely fantastic with their own individual personalities and quirks. Every one of the characters had a part to play and they were all completely unforgettable. I really enjoyed getting to know most of the characters and when I came to the end I felt like I was leaving amazing people and new friends behind and felt quite sad about that but am happy in the knowledge that this book is just the first book in a new series and I just can't wait to get stuck into more of these gorgeous books. I loved watching how so many characters, relationships and personalities develop and change from the first page to the last. They all made me laugh, swoon, angry, cry, joyous and much more!!! Regardless of whether you love them or hate them all of these characters work perfectly together to make this a stunning page turner and I cannot wait to return to Dorset to meet them all again!!

Congratulations Helen on yet another absolutely gorgeous success!!! I'm definitely looking forward to my next holiday to Dorset and cannot wait for the next book in this series!!! This is the exact reason you are in my favourite author club and here is to your next success 🥂 !!!

Overall a gorgeous start to what promises to be a stunning new series with an amazing gang of characters that will sweep you away to the gorgeous Dorset from the very first page to the end!

#ComeFlyWithMe #TheSkylarks #helenRolfe #BoldwoodBooks #Boldwood #RachelsRandomResources #rararesources
@HelenRolfe @BoldwoodBooks @Boldwood @RachelsRandomResources @rararesources

Maya is the pilot for the Whistlestop River air ambulance (AKA the Skylarks) – a job that not only makes her incredibly proud, but focusing on work allows her to forget the disaster of her personal life – and it really is bad. Her ex-husband is obviously ignoring the imminent divorce, and is refusing to accept their relationship is over.

The arrival of a new paramedic, Noah, to the Skylarks is a great addition to the team. Noah has recently moved to the area from London, and unfortunately, his personal life is also in a very unsettled state. Noah has become ‘Dad’ to his niece, Eva, since the very sad and unexpected death of his sister earlier in the year. Loving Eva very much, Noah is struggling with concerns that he just isn’t cut out to be a ‘Dad’.

When Maya and Noah end up on the same team together, we instantly see the friendship between them, which soon turns into a growing chemistry. But with so much going on in both their personal lives, can they really take a chance on a relationship? Or is it just too much of a risk?

Come Fly With Me is a beautifully written and emotionally charged story. The author takes the reader on a rollercoaster of emotions, and tackles some very difficult subject areas of love, loss, family and second chances. A beautiful, yet emotional read – without a doubt, this needs to be added to your TBR pile this summer.

I hadn't read Helen Rolfe before, but as soon as I saw the description I knew that this was a book that I wanted to read. I mean, I don't think I have ever read a book where the heroine is the pilot of a air ambulance helicopter in the countryside of England.

Maya loves her job as a helicopter pilot. What she doesn't love is that ex husband Conrad, still seems to have a hold over her, no matter how much she tells him that it is over. When he is injured in a motorcycle acccident, this is just one more opportunity to have Maya at his beck and call.She knows what he is doing but she feels as though she has to maintain the relationship in order to protect her son Isaac.

Noah has just moved into the town. His life was turned upside down when he found out that his recently deceased sister has appointed him as guardian of her daughter. Not only does he have to start a new job, he has to work out how to look after a baby. And being attracted to Maya is definitely not part of the plan.

This book has lots of layers and I really enjoyed it. I look forward to reading more from The Skylarks. The scene is set for a really interesting series.

Thanks to the publisher, Netgalley and Rachel's Random Resources for the review copy. I have shared this review with the New Release Challenge hosted by The Chocolate Lady's Review blog and British Isle Friday hosted at Joy's Book Blog.

Helen Rolfe's Come Fly with Me marks the beginning of an exciting new series, and it kicks off with a bang!

In this installment, we are introduced to the Red team of the Skylarks, the air ambulance service of Whistlestop River. Maya, a pilot in the red team, is living her dream. However, she must make her ex-husband realise that their relationship is over. On the other hand, Noah has relocated to Dorset to provide his niece, Eva, with the best life possible after her mother's tragic passing. He also joins the red team as a critical care paramedic.

Helen's descriptive writing immediately immersed me in the world of Dorset, making me feel like part of the story. I absolutely loved it. Excited to see what’s next!

Grab your copy without delay!

Winner!

I enjoyed this book. The story turned out to be more complex than the cover suggests, but in a good way. While there definitely are light, fun moments, this is also a cautionary tale about secrets and how they can come back to haunt you.

I loved the way that Noah took in Eva, as an inexperienced parent he did a great job. I wanted to shove Conrad off the nearest cliff several times. Maya is a strong woman who always knew what she wanted and didn't let the men in her life deter her dreams. The plot moves along quickly and was relatable.

Thanks to the author, publisher and NetGalley for the opportunity to read and review this book, but my opinions are my own.

Come Fly With Me by Helen Rolfe

I received an advance review copy for free thanks to Rachel's Random Resources and I am leaving this review voluntarily.

Blurb

A Second Chance…

For Maya, serving as a pilot in the Whistlestop River air ambulance team is a dream come true. And now, with her divorce from her overbearing husband finally complete, flying over the fields of Dorset, and saving lives with the Skylarks, is the centre of her world. If only her ex would accept their separation as readily as she had, life would be perfect…

A fresh start…

Having recently transferred from London to Dorset, paramedic Noah is ready for a new start. But he’s brought with him a lot of baggage, not least his infant niece who he’s been looking after since his sister died unexpectedly earlier that year. Noah adores Eva, but is he really cut out to look after a baby?

A risk worth taking?

When Noah and Maya find themselves on the same rescue team, they’re immediately drawn to each other. Yet, with so many complications in their personal lives, do they have time to open their hearts to someone new?

As their friendship grows, Noah and Maya are both about to discover that life is worth nothing unless you share it with the people you love.

My Opinion

Helen Rolfe is back with a new series and what a great introduction this is. For me Helen Rolfe is a must read author, I just love the adventures that I am whisked away on. Within the first chapter I knew that this was a book I was going to love. Helen has such a lovely writing style that really makes for a delightful read.

Whilst I wait for the next book in this series, why don't you give it a read?

Rating 4/5