#TheOtherWoman #NetGalley
A good read.
Jade has the life she always wanted: a husband and three perfect children. She's happy. Except, recently that isn't enough. Her husband is never home, and when he is, he's distant. She's a constant source of disappointment to her mum, and even her children are starting to push her away. Then she unexpectedly finds herself reconnecting with Christina, an old friend from university, and she starts to feel like herself again. As the women become closer, and Christina needs a place to stay, Jade welcomes her into their chaotic family home. But when Jade discovers a suspicious text on her husband's phone, she soon she starts questioning those around her..
It is the best suspense I've ever read.
Thanks to NetGalley and Headline Accent for giving me an advance copy.

Jade is a mother of 3, struggling to balance her young family and the return to her career, with minimal contributions from her husband, Sam. After reconnecting with her old college friend Christina, Jade’s confidence starts to grow. Christina provides the perfect solution, offering childcare while Jade works. However, Jade’s relief is short-lived when she finds a suspicious text on her husband’s phone. While Sam explains this away, Jade’s doubt remains, slowly building and building. When Jade attends Sam’s work event, she meets a co-worker who allegedly holds a flame for Sam. Is Mazza the mystery texter? And is there more to the text than Sam is admitting?

The Other Woman has a strong opening scene, set in the future, where Jade frantically returns home to find her children missing. The reader is led to wonder how things escalated to this throughout most of the book. While there are some red herrings that build suspense, the overall pacing felt quite slow and less like a thriller. However, the latter chapters are quite fast moving and when there is a reveal about what happened to the children, the thriller genre does kick in. I just would have liked it earlier in the novel.
Point of views include Jade, Mazza and Christina.

Then she unexpectedly finds herself reconnecting with Christina, an old friend from university, and she starts to feel like herself again. But then things start to unravel…

This was soooo damn good! If you want a twisty psychological thriller, then this is it. It’s the kind of story that doesn’t necessarily leave you guessing ( you get breadcrumbed each little detail) but it’s that story where you can see what’s happening and you want the characters to see it to.

The why for the whole story didn’t necessarily make the whole thing for me, but I loved the way the story developed that I actually just enjoyed the book as it was.

All I can say is woah! Brilliant! A twist you won’t see coming! I very much enjoyed this easy to read book you won’t put down!

Fantastic debut domestic suspense novel! Tay's writing immediately drew me in, especially the main character of Jade, who is so believable and sympathetic. As the mother of a toddler myself, Jade's feelings about being a stay-at-home mother felt authentic and honest, and the plot kept me intrigued right up until its dramatic surprise ending - which I didn't guess! Can't wait to read more from Tania Tay!

Thanks to NetGalley for this arc. Unfortunately I couldn’t get into this story at all right from chapter one. The writing style really threw me off and the grammatical errors did too. The way the format was made it confusing and I just couldn’t follow along really good but if you don’t care about that kind of stuff I would encourage you to read this.

If you are looking for a page-turning thriller then can I recommend The Other Woman.

Jade is a mother of three who is trying to juggle motherhood and an increasingly distant husband with a desire to re-invigorate her career as a copywriter. When she reunites with an old university friend Christina, her offer to help with the children seems like an ideal solution, but as she moves into her house and her family’s life, it soon becomes clear that not all is as it seems …. and where exactly is the threat to Jade’s marriage?

With well drawn characters and plenty of twists that will keep you guessing, this is one that will have you avidly turning the pages - ideal for adding to the holiday reading list!

Lots of twists and turns. I felt like I had it guessed right, however there were other details I was definitely not prepared for! I also listened to the audiobook, but wasn’t the biggest fan of the narrator. However over all the book was a good read!
Thank you to NetGalley for allowing me to review this book.

A tad predictable but I still absolutely loved it! It's everything I could want from a psychological thriller. The writing flowed really easily so it was one of those "just one more chapter" type books. The plot itsself was a but far fetched but I really didn't care, I was so invested in the whole thing that I just went with it. Perfect escapism

The Other Woman is an enjoyable and compelling domestic thriller. Jade has three children and a distant husband, she’s considering returning to work when she’s contacted by an old university friend on social media. Jade met Christina when they were both students at Edinburgh University, she hasn’t seen her for 20 years after Christina left during their second year. Christina is soon involved in Jade’s life and makes herself indispensable, running the house and looking after the children.
I found this to be a gripping read, although it was predictable and became slightly ridiculous towards the end. I found one of the storylines unnecessary and without this the plot would have been tighter. Overall an enjoyable read.
Many thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for the opportunity to read and review this digital ARC. 3.5 stars

Firstly a big thank you to the publishers for my chance to read and review .
I was meant to have been having an earlier night but then started this book !
Once I started I couldn’t stop . This is a fantastic thought provoking cleverly executed psychological thriller .
Packed with suspense and moments that get under your skin with a foreboding sense.
Written in alternate narratives and timelines this keeps the pace fast and the story flow .
Unpredictable and chilling in places.
I can’t wait to read more from this author !

Thank you NetGalley for giving me the chance to read this book ahead of time in exchange for a review. It didn't disappoint! Must read!!

An epic tale all the drama, tension and excitement you could want. Thrills where you don't expect and it will leave you guessing throughout. 5 stars

Jade has the life she always wanted: a husband and three perfect children. She’s happy. Except, recently that wasn’t enough. Her husband is never home and when he is, he’s distant.
As I read this book I felt like I knew what was coming. Christina, Jade’s old university friend gave me a sense of dread, she didn’t ring true at all.
For me it was a tad predictable. It was an okay read but I didn’t love it. Thanks to the publisher and NetGalley for the advanced copy.

Fantastic read, really loved this book- great twists and turns. read it in a day - could not put it down. highly recommended.

A really enjoyable book which I will certainly recommend to others.
Thanks for the opportunity to read & review it.

This book hooked me from early on . I loved the twists and loved the character , I found so much of this book to be relatable. Stressed Marriage, stressful home life , Scandals, vindictive friends. It was a book that kept me turning the pages as fast as I could. Fantastic read and can't wait to read more from the Author.

I struggled through this one. I did not find it very thrilling and it was fairly boring for me. Middle of the road thriller. 2.5 stars. Thanks to Netgalley for the opportunity to read this book.

Rollercoaster of a book. I thoroughly enjoyed the book. I didn't want to miss anything so I read the book quickly to the end. Never though the friend was so deviace.

This book was crazyyyy! It was so good I didn’t want to put it down! The way it tied together at the end had me so shocked!! Absolutely loved this book and flew through it! 😍 the plot was so good and I loved all the twists!