A warm warming story about apologising. Courtney takes apples from Ms Smith’s tree without permission and when she is discovered she feels terrible and wants to apologise.
This is a story about making mistakes and owning up to them. It also shows that there are different ways to apologise. The illustrations are bright and detailed and convey the emotions clearly.
A highly recommended book for teachers of young children as it helps to start a discussion about apologies and the shapes they take.

Thank you to the author, illustrator, publisher and netgalley for a chance to read an arc in exchange for an honest review.

I appreciated the message of this story, of finding ways to authentically and meaningfully apologize, as it is a hard one of children to grasp. The story could be used as a fantastic jumping board for discussions with children on why we apologize and how to apologize authentically.

At the same time, the book felt incomplete. The surety shows Courtney feeling like a disappointment but this then isn’t really explored or discussed. I think it’s important to help children see that while they can do things that are disappointing, they themselves aren’t disappointments. Also, the adults shared about times they had taken things, but didn’t go into it in any detail or share their resolutions.

Overall a solid book, but would be an excellent book with more elaboration.

I was immediately grabbed by the beautiful illustrations of The Sorry Seeds. The story itself was also great as it's important to teach the foundations of apologies. I think this book is a great conversation opener about why saying sorry is so important. I think having an explanation as to why we shouldn't take things without asking could have been beneficial to the story. However as parents/guardians, we too can add to that narrative and not rely wholely on a book for eveey talking point. Being thoughtful and heartfelt in our apologies is a great place to start and Sorry Seeds handles these ideas well.

Thanks to NetGalley and Gnome Road Publishing for the eARC!

The Sorry Seeds is a great book to teach about how to apologize after you've done something that hurts someone. I love the way the girl really thinks through her options to find the apology that will mean the most. We can also have discussions on both sides of the story and why each character felt the way they did about that apple. Great story.

A beautifully illustrated story about a child taking something that doesn't belong to her and finding a way to
apologize, not only with words but action. The parents share stories of their own experiences of taking something
without asking. Much thought is put into the genuine apology offered.
Highly recommend The Sorry Seeds.
#TheSorrySeeds #GnomeRoadPublishing #NetGalley

great story about the power of the words "I'm sorry." I wish I had this book as a child, and I wish this book went more into Courtney knowing she is not a big disappointment like she originally thought she was. I wish there had been a more defined resolution to that

A lovely story about making things right. The avoidance strategies are age appropriate, the parents not intervening was appreciated and the solution is heartfelt and sincere.

I would use this picture book in my classroom as a writing activity for making connections between students and the texts.

The illustrations are beautiful and tie in perfectly with the messaging in the book.

I will add this book to my classroom collection. It ties in well with our plants unit and writing unit.

The Sorry Seeds is a sweet story that teaches children the importance of heartfelt apologies. This is a great social story and lesson for students struggling with apologizing and kindness. I love the little girl's perspective and how the story ends by inspiring others.

Omg this book was so cute! The illustrations are pure art, the history is pure magic and cuteness. I really loved to be inspired by the message the author passed me. Truly amazing!

Cute book to teach kids about saying sorry. It would be nice if there was more detail about why other peoples things shouldn't be taken without permission. I could see this being used in preschools and kindergarten to teach children about this important thing we've all had to learn.

Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for the arc.

📚 The Sorry Seeds 📚

Written by @thelilleaderspodcast and published by @gnomeroadpublishing
Release due in September 2024.

This is a delightful book, aimed at younger readers, about the power of saying sorry.

The story follows Courtney as she takes something that isn't hers and is caught by a neighbour who is also a teacher at her school. Courtney feels awful about what she has done and tries to come up with ways to avoid school. Eventually she comes across an even better idea, a way to say sorry!

This book is a great tool to use with younger children to introduce the idea of sincere apologies and how important they are. It also looks at how valuable accepting an apology can be.

Ideal for EYFS or KS1 children. Definitely one to add to the PSHE book list.

Copy kindly received from @netgalley , all views are my own.

#netgalley #sorryseeds

There are times when children need to work through difficult problems and 'The Sorry Seeds' by Tina Shepardson is a terrific book to have on hand. Courtney has a neighbor that has a delicious apple tree. The most perfect apple catches her eye one day, and she wants it so badly! She began collecting apples from the ground and packing them into her backpack. She began getting scolded by Mrs. Smith, the owner of the tree and also her teacher at school. She was taken home by Mrs. Smith. The shame Courtney felt was unbearable. This made her feel rotten! After dinner that night, she asked her parents if they had ever done something without first asking. Both of them had. In an attempt to determine what to do with the apples, Courtney searched for ideas. The next morning, she tried her best not to go to school. Finally, she came up with the best idea...

"Saying the words 'I'm sorry' isn't always easy and sometimes words alone don't feel like enough. But, with a courageous heart, finding a way to ask for forgiveness can make even rotten feelings grow into something sweet."

As well as being a good read, this book has great mental health benefits for children.

The Sorry Seeds is a great book to teach children about forgiveness, regret, and apologies. The illustrations were quite cute as well. I think this book could be a bit more effective if it were longer and if it explained why taking things before asking is something to apologize for in the first place.

A cute story about learning to say sorry. There is a bit of a subliminal nod toward the ole George Washington and the cherry tree story.

Very terrific learning lesson book for young children about taking things without asking. You easily empathize with the child in the story. I love how she thought of various ways that she can say sorry, and truly mean it and feel it has the appropriate level of her guilt.

I was, however, just a tad confused by the gray area of the initial negative behaviour - I mean, if it fell off the tree to the ground, I personally don’t believe she should be in any trouble. However, I go with the assumption that after she took the one, she must’ve then chosen to take more off the tree - but it is an assumption based on the photos and not explicitly indicated. So if she only took the fallen one, no biggie in my opinion; however, if she then took more off the tree - then totally different.

I received a copy of this eBook from netGalley for a honest review.

The sorry seeds is a wonderful picture book about that horrible feeling when you've taken something you shouldn't. She got caught taking a freshly falling apple from her neighbors yard. She feels bad but isn't sure about what to do. Ultimately she comes up with the idea of sharing the seeds of the apple with the neighbor (who happens to be her teacher)

Very sweet book with wonderful pictures and a great message.

A young girl is tempted to take a few apples from her neighbor/teacher's lawn, so she does. And she's caught! Finally, there is a picture book about guilt/remorse, being held accountable, & forgiveness. The young girl's creativity & ingenuity in her apology leads to further discussion on healing relationships. Perfect teaching tool for parents, caregivers, & educators!

I received an electronic ARC from Gnome Road Publishing through NetGalley.
Sometimes mistakes are made and there are consequences. Readers see Courtney take an apple from her neighbor's tree without asking. Her neighbor sees her and asks what she did. From here, readers see Courtney struggle with what to do and how to fix this with her neighbor and teacher. I love that the adults admit they have made mistakes and share how they felt after doing so. They also shared what they did to resolve the situations. This theme recurs throughout including when Courtney figures out how to say sorry to her teacher/neighbor. The artwork enhances the text and provides further context for the story. Definitely one for families to share when faced with similar events.

Sweet story about apologizing and owning up for your mistakes. Children who read this will definitely relate and learn what it takes to be a good person. The illustrations were quite nice

The main character, Courtney learns an important lesson in how to say "sorry", in "The Sorry Seeds.' This is a cute book for parents/teachers/grown ups to use to help little ones learn how to apologize. While I liked the overall message, I did feel it needed a bit more, especially when Courtney is seeking honesty from the grown ups in her life when she was asking them a question pertaining to her predicament. I felt they could have explained what happened after each of their experiences to help Courtney better understand why what she did was wrong and the consequences of their actions. I also thought the last illustration should have shown Ms. Smith and Courtney working together and perhaps an image of them watering and watching it grow together to show that they had truly moved past their issue and that there was forgiveness. Overall, it was a cute book and can still be useful in teaching why it is important to apologize after doing something we shouldn't have done. If I could give half reviews, this would be a 2.5.