would like to thank netgalley and the publisher for letting me read this amazing book

this may be book 20 in the series but it keeps going from strength to strength

in this book we find josie called out on her day off to a traffic accident that then turns into a murder investigation when they find the victim stabbed in a car that has crashed and the other passenger has defensive wounds on her body.....

the victim has a clue on her and thats its in her hand ... a childs drawing but on the back in the word HELP....

its a race against time to find this child with hardly any clues

what a ride this books gives you... i couldnt put it down at all... and i am looking forward to the next book in this fabulous series

I do love returning to Denton. It's like reconnecting with old friends who live exciting and dangerous lives. This was a gripping, twisty and tense read that will keep you guessing. I like that we get to see both sides of Josie - at home and at work. I find it adds more to the story when the characters have personal lives that can affect their work. It will be interesting to see how the new team member fits in, especially since his personality seems to clash with the others. I can't wait to read the next installment in this fabulous series.

Her Dying Secret is book 20 in the Detective Josie Quinn series by Lisa Regan. The book can be read as a standalone if you've never read any in the series. This book had me guessing until the very end. Josie is called to the scene of a car accident because it's a bit unusual. The driver has hit her head and is being taken away in the ambulance while the passenger is dead in the car. The weird thing is the passenger has a sharp object sticking out of her stomach. She's been stabbed and was most likely dead before the accident. The passinger is pale and emaciated as if she's been through something horrific and for quite awhile.

Josie has to find out what the driver knows. Was she trying to save the passenger? Was she the one that stabbed the passenger? Where were they headed? As the medical examiner arrives on the scene, she and Josie look carefully at the victim. They find a piece of paper folded small into the palm of her hand. The paper has a red flower drawn on it and one word, HELP. It's obviously the work of a child. Is there a missing child that Josie needs to find? Where could she have gotten this paper and why was it squeezed tight in her fist? Josie needs answers so she heads to the hospital. Mira, the survivor has a bad concussion, but is just badly bruised otherwise. The bad news is she has no idea who the passenger is or why she was in her car! She can't remember much. Josie's got her work cut out for her yet again! Nothing is ever easy.

When the prints come back on the paper drawing, they are Mira's prints. That means she knows more than she's saying or she really does have memory loss due to the accident. Josie finds out that Mira was at a local stable before the accident, riding a horse to help with her anxiety. It's a program run by a local psychologist who now does this to help people. One of the other riders at the stable saw Mira talking to a man by the produce stand at the end of the driveway, close to the road. He was driving a white box truck and has a distinctive tattoo that the man describes to Josie.

Will Josie be able to find the man? When she finds the truck, will she find the man? Why would anyone want to hurt these women? Will Josie be able to find the child before the man hurts them? Whose child is it? This case is complicated and to make matters worse Josie and Noah are getting ready for a visit to see if they're good candidates to adopt a child. They've been waiting for this chance a long time and don't want to blow it. Will Josie be able to close the case in time to make a good showing with the person evaluating them to be parents? As usual, Lisa Regan has done it again! This book was fantastic and I rate it 4 stars with a high recommendation. If you've never read a Josie Quinn book this is a good one to start with and if you have, well you know the ride you're in for! Her Dying Secret comes out on May 14 so don't miss it! I'd like to thank NetGalley and Bookouture for an advanced copy of Her Dying Secret in exchange for a fair review. #HerDyingSecret

This is a very fast pace book from Lisa. Your concentration is needed. It features Josie, Noah and the crew in Denton. They are called out to a traffic accident where two woman are involved. As usual it is not a normal accident and there are many twists in the story. I have to say that their work colleague is growing on me a little. Great read.

Her Dying Secret (Detective Josie Quinn Book 20) by Lisa Regan
Publisher: Bookouture
Genre: General Fiction (Adult), Mystery & Thrillers
Expected Publication Date: May 21, 2024

Her Dying Secret is the 20th book in the Detective Josie Quinn series by Lisa Regan. I have not read all of the previous books yet (and I will!) and enjoyed this as a standalone mystery.

This was such an emotional book! There’s so much going on in Josie’s life and I could absolutely feel her stress.

The case Josie finds herself working is a big one! A murdered woman and an injured woman with amnesia are found in a car at a traffic accident scene….oh the twists and turns this creates!

I was completely captivated by this book because I needed to know what had actually happened!

This book will keep you on the edge of your seat! I need book 21!!!

Her Dying Secret is the 20th book in this excellent procedural thriller series. On a routine call to a car accident, Detective Josie Quinn discovers both the driver and the passenger could be keeping dangerous secrets, and a child's life may depend on Josie figuring out what those secrets are. Josie and her husband, Lt. Noah Frawley both work for the Denton, Pennsylvania Police Department. They work well together and with Detective Gretchen Palmer. Unfortunately, a new detective is so hard to work with, he is often an obstacle to getting anything done. Kyle Turner is not a good fit for this otherwise cohesive team, and I hope he either shapes up in future books or moves on somewhere else!

The case is unusual but is fast-paced and engaging. There are several twists and turns to make the story more interesting, but the ending is a little abrupt. This series has so many intriguing plots, but what I like most is how much the main characters care about each other, which helps me to care about them. This book works fine as a standalone, but you will want to go back and catch up on prior books once you meet Josie and her team.

I received an advance copy of this ebook at no cost from NetGalley and Bookouture, but my review is voluntary and unbiased.

Lisa Regan does it again! Her Dying Secret had me from page one, and wouldn't let me put it down until I reached the last page.
I love coming back to Josie and Noah. They work so well together and have been through so much. And I'm so happy at the current direction they are headed. This series has amazing side characters and Gretchen is a favorite. I kind of hate Turner, but then so does everyone else, but I have a feeling he will have some surprising moments in upcoming books. Will I like him more after that? well, we will just have to wait and see.

The twists are twistier, the turns are turnier? Can they solve this case and save the child before the worst happens? Well, it's Josie, Noah, and Gretchen on the case so you know they will not just turn over every stone they won't stop until they find what they are looking for and solve the case. The story is fast-paced and keeps you guessing. the characters are ones that you feel like you know and get invested in, and the cases are ones with enough tension and suspense that you will be on the edge of your seat from beginning to end.

As always I can't wait to see where this series is going to go next!

This is another stellar installment in the Josie Quinn series. This was an extremely complex mystery made of so many puzzle pieces that I did not think we would ever get them put together. I must confess that I was completely stumped as to where this book would end up and quite frankly, more than a little shocked. Can I just say - wow? Mysteries do not get much better than this one did. I love it when an author can fool me right up until the end.

Josie Quinn gets called to the scene of what should be a standard traffic accident. She knows there is a fatality, which is never easy. However, what she finds in the car is more than horrifying than she could imagine. The passenger, who is deceased, is not in good condition. It is quite obvious that the car accident did not kill her. To make this even more horrifying, if that is possible, they find a child's drawing clutched in the dead woman's hand with the simple message stating, "Help." Needless to say this causes the investigation to go into another gear because a child's life is in danger. Josie will not rest until she is found.

When Josie arrives at the hospital to interview the driver, Mira, she states that she does not know who the passenger was and cannot fathom how she got there. Josie's keen sense of observation knows that Mira is hiding something. She just does not know what she is hiding.

This book kept taking one wicked turn after another showing true evil in human form. Chilling scenes will give you goosebumps at times.

Josie Quinn is one of my favorite fictional characters. I am enjoying seeing a different side to Josie. She is a law enforcement officer who believes in justice, but the past few months have been rough for Josie. As such, I was able to see a vulnerability to her that I have never seen before. It makes her more human, and even more likable. All of the characters in this series are easy to like. I even like their newest member. I am waiting to see what he is really all about. I believe there is more to his story that we will learn in future books.

This book gave me chills in some portions, but I just kept digging because I was hooked from the first few pages, as usual with a Josie Quinn book.

Thank you to Bookouture and NetGalley for this ARC. I am leaving this review voluntarily.

Lisa Regan has hit her new Detective Josie Quinn book right out of the ballpark!! This is another wonderful addition to one of the best series out there. Ms. Regan gives us another unputdownable crime thriller that grabs you from the very start and you will be hooked until the very end. Filled with secrets, lies and family drama that has some of the best characters! Ms. Regan keeps developing each one and introduces some new ones. This is an engaging, fast paced story that will not disappoint. I highly recommend this one and all the others before it.

Thank you NetGalley, Bookouture and Lisa Regan for this thrilling story to read and review. The opinions expressed are strictly my own.
#netgalley #bookouture. #lisaregan. #herdyingsecret #detectivejosiequinnseries. #crimethriller

While I always thoroughly enjoy Lisa Regan I felt Her Dying Secret wasn't up to her usual standard. The story was more than a little farfetched and convoluted in places. I can't fault the writing which is always good, the story didn't work for me. I enjoyed it pretty much up to the climax and the reasoning for the crimes was weak. Unfortunately, not her best effort on this occasion. Thank you NetGalley for my advance copy.

As long as Lisa Regan keeps writing this series, I will keep reading it! It's hard to believe that after 20 books, she is still able to keep the stories exciting, but she does it every single time! The characters feel like old friends and it is always a joy to go back into their world... which is especially amazing, considering these are crime novels. I'm excited about the new character introduced in this one and looking forward to finding out his secrets in the books ahead. Each one can be read as a standalone (she gives enough background into character stories), but I highly recommend reading the series as a whole. They are quick, fun, thrilling reads and, trust me, you will be hooked!

Lisa does it again!! Fantastic series and this new addition is no different. A pulse-pounding thriller that will leave readers guessing until the very end. With its intricate plot, well-drawn characters, and spine-tingling suspense, it is sure to captivate fans of the genre.

Have read and loved all the books in this series and this latest one does not disappoint. Plenty of twists and turns to keep you guessing. Definitely worth a read

This one is a rougher one to read but the anticipation and waiting is off the charts and for me that makes the best book. You are not going to want to put this one down. It will have you holding your breath.

When Josie has to go to an accident she knows there is a fatality but what's waiting for her is something she'll always remember. On the flip side of that she's worried about the home visit with the case worker. Will she and Noah get approved to adopt?

I received this ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Another amazing book added to this series! I always enjoy when we get to have another Adventure with Josie and her team, part of me wants to go back and read the first books again just because so much has happened and the first few were some wild stories!!

This story definitely caught my attention and I did not see any of the twists coming. I thought I knew what was going to happen but nope!
My only thing is recently towards the end of these it just rushes and the story ends...but I will be waiting for the next book!

Detective Josie Quinn has been enjoying some time off, especially as she and her husband Noah Fraley are in the process of preparing their home for something very special. However, she is called into work and heads to the site of a car crash. Upon arriving, Josie quickly realizes that this was no simple car accident. Josie can tell right away that the victim, Mira Summers, had been attacked. Fortunately, Mira is still alive, but evidence of the car accident and the attack soon tells Josie that much more is going on.

Finding a note at the accident, despite Mira’s apparent loss of memory, or at least proof that she is holding back, tells Josie that far more is going on. Also, Mira was not alone in the car, and she claims no knowledge of the other female passenger. Josie wants answers and there is a killer afoot. When Josie’s immediate investigation reveals that the safety and life of an innocent child just might be up to her, she works feverishly hard.

What tension! From learning about Mira. From learning about the other woman that was in the car. From learning that there is a child that must be found. So many cards in play and so many players. Just about any one of the suspects that Josie interviews could indeed be guilty, and this kept me on my very toes. Meanwhile, Josie and her team are still reeling from the loss of one of their own, and with the new addition to their team, Turner, things are not going well. In fact, Turner upsets the apple cart more than once. As if getting adjusted to Turner is not only affecting Josie, she and Noah have that very important visit that Josie was called away from that weighs heavily on her mind.

I can’t wait to see if Josie and Noah’s dreams will come true, as well as to see how the team continues to deal with their growing pains. I am sure that I am not the first one to say that it is absolutely unbelievable that Her Dying Secret is the twentieth book in an amazing series. This well-written series remains fresh and inviting. Josie and Noah are amazing characters and it should be interesting to see where things go next in this series.

Many thanks to Bookouture and to NetGalley for this ARC for review. This is my honest opinion.

Her Dying Secret is the twentieth book in the Detective Josie Quinn series. Each case is a standalone but Josie’s life flows from book to book so it should definitely be read as part of the series. Josie’s latest case finds her using her impressive investigative powers to solve a murder and a kidnapping. As always Josie’s character comes to live on the pages to make her one of my favorite detectives. Full of brains and toughness but awful at domestic chores, Josie is a realistic and flawed character that is easy to love. This is one of my favorite all time series and I can’t wait for the next book! My voluntary, unbiased, and non mandatory review is based upon a review copy from NetGalley.

Author Lisa Regan gives us a thriller of a ride with Her Dying Secret! The pacing of the story is fast and very intriguing. I was kept in suspense trying to figure out what was going on and what was going to happen next. Definitely not a book I could put down! Pretty much read non-stop.
This series is one I highly recommend to friends. Reading them in order is crucial to knowing the backstory of each character.
Josie and her team, Gretchen and Turner, have their hands full trying to find a missing child. Noah, Josie’s husband, helps them out with the investigation.
I do have to say, I am not a fan of Turner. The remarks he makes and his laziness make me wonder why he is kept on the team. I hope we find out more about what is going on with him in the next book! Because he is getting on my last nerve!
I have enjoyed reading the Detective Josie Quinn series starting from book 1.
Highly recommended series!

Thank you NetGalley, Bookouture and the author for the opportunity to read this book for my honest review. All opinions expressed are my own.

Another great installment to the Detective Josie Quinn series. This is a suspenseful thriller that keeps the page turning for more. As always with this author, great writing with an interesting plot. Obviously there's more than meets the eye with the newest member to the team. There's got to be a story with why the Captain added him to the team. I for one would not put up with a co-worker calling me 'Sweetheart'.

Thank you to NetGalley, Bookouture and Lisa Regan for an ARC of 'Her Dying Secret'.

Wow! Lisa Regan does it again! A definite ‘go-to’ author for me and she delivers time and time again. It’s so fun to cozy up with Detective Josie Quinn. Characters are fantastic and familiar but there wasn’t anything predictable about this story. Just the perfect amount of tension, twists and crazy great reveals. Can’t say enough great things about this book.
Thank you NetGalley, Lisa Regan and Bookouture for the opportunity to read and review this book.