Cover Image: Romancing the Grump

Romancing the Grump

Adorable, a little cringey but overall amazing!!!! Devoured it in one sitting. Also for my own level of spicey this had it all for me. I honestly can’t wait to pick up another book by this author

This book was sooo good, it is a non-spicy hockey romance. I personally wish there was spice but I love the extra spice so. The storyline so cute it had me smiling like a fool. I can't wait to read more stories on the Appies team they are explained as really good men and we need more of those. I rated this book 5 stars because it is the kind of book that makes you want to fall in love all over again. I also really like the fake dating trope, I don't know why but it just makes it so much cuter for me, ESPECIALLY when they pretend its not turning into something more.

Thank you to Netgalley, the Victory Editing Netgalley Co-op, and Jenny Proctor for the opportunity to review Romancing The Grump in exchange for a fair and honest review.

Jenny Proctor writes amazing swoony romantic stories full of comedy, witty banter, and a masterfully paced slow-burn romance. Romancing the Grump has all the great tropes of fake dating, forced proximity, one bed, and a grumpy x sunshine dynamic that will have you in stitches. Nate and Summer's romance vibes are perfect and come to life so naturally off the page. I could bask in their glow, especially when Summer got Nate to smile for the first time; I swear it lit up the world.

I love a good spicy read, but sometimes you want a good romance that packs the chemistry with big feel emotion and foot-popping kisses. The Appies' romances don't need the spice – the storytelling packs a punch with solid and wholesome relationships between beautifully crafted characters whose swoony chemistry is a seismic event without adding a peppering of spice.

Jenny Proctor is a character-writing wizard – all her characters are enchanting and come to life on the page with incredible character arcs. You can see the characters grow on the page as they face their demons and fear to make better future choices. I fell so hard for the grumpy x sunshine dynamic between Nate and Summer – they might be edging ahead to be my favourite couple of the series. I loved Summer's personality of sunshine, sass, and her motor mouth (she couldn't stop talking, but I loved it as it's one of my flaws too), but cross her, and she will burn. I might have a new book boyfriend type – resting grump face with a man bun because Nate makes it read so sexy.

Romancing the Grump is an adorable, ice hockey romance packed with intense chemistry, plenty of goofy moments, and fun laughs. The shenanigans of the other players are always a highlight of these stories, as well as guest appearances from the other hunks of the team and their lovely ladies. I can't wait for the next Appies player to lose their heart!

Nathan and Summer are adorable. Grumpy Sunshine for the win. I really enjoy hockey romance and this was a great addition to my collection. I look forward to more from this series

Gotta love a grumpy sunshine romance! This one was super cute and a sweet story. Definitely recommend!

I don't know why I did not pick up this book earlier.

It was weird reading a part of the series without reading the first few books but I still was able to follow along the story and the side characters.

Summer's the new legal employee in the hockey team company and when circumstances lead to her to fake date Nathan, a hockey player, things got more complicated.

Let me tell you that I ate this book up in the first half, it was so fast-paced. They already have this history together so there's already a foundation. I love the side characters and some part of found family. It's easy to read, and very cute. I love that they were both down so bad with each other but there's a hesitance between them in crossing that line.

I read a lot of fake dating hockey romance and this is was great!

Jenny Proctor is a new to me author, and I am hooked! I loved her writing style so much. Sunshine/Grump is quickly becoming one of my favorite tropes. I absolutely loved how Summer was so honest with her friends/family about her feelings for Nathan and didn't hide them like 90% of other characters in different books do. Sometimes, that's okay, but this time, a woman is not hiding from her feelings and owns them, and I LOVED it! I will definitely recommend this book to every sports/romance lover out there!

Okay, bring on Lucy's love story!!! ❤️

What a wonderful read! 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

"Romancing the Grump" by Jenny Proctor is an absolute gem in the sports romance genre. As a fan of the "grumpy x sunshine" trope, I found this book irresistible and engaging from the first page to the last. Nathan, with his grumpy and silent demeanor, and Summer, with her radiant personality, create undeniable chemistry that keeps you hooked.

The camaraderie and friendship within the "Appies" add an extra layer of warmth and belonging to the story. It’s like finding a second family within the book, enriching the reading experience even more.

"Romancing the Grump" is a must-read for romcoms lovers!! I can’t wait to read more from the "Appies" series. Definitely, a 5-star book!

this was such a cute little hockey romance. I wanted him to get over himself and realize that he was already in a real relationship with her and that he loved her. I just love seeing a grump open up for the sunshine that lights up their life.

I'm gonna start by saying I love Jenny Proctor and everything I've read of her's so far. I was pretty sad to see the end of the Hawthorne brothers series, but I was so happy to still see some amazing characters like FLINT <3

This book is just so gooey and fun, I adore it. The banter, the scenes, literally everything about it is perfect. I obviously love both the MCs they're the cutest pairing and support each other. Also, a big fan of Summer being the one hauling Nathan out of trouble every single time she's really his savior. Then Nathan saves her too and my heart just melted. Like I was shipping them from the very beginning, I'm so happy this book was perfect. And then add those AMAZING teammates of Nathan's with the really wholesome relationships at the workplace. I mean that's what you dream of. Personally, I don't love smutty books, and this one (like any other Jenny Proctor) is a sweet romance.

The number of times I called up my friends to yap about this book in a high-pitched voice- Like you gotta read it, this is pure dopamine packed into a book and it's such a quick read. If I haven't convinced you to get this book so far, I don't know what will.

I went into this one blind. I didn't realize it was YA or part of a series. But I loved it! Grumpy vs. Sunshine romance always feels so victorious. Love at first sight, yay! I wish there'd been some spice, but you can't always have it all.

This was one of the best sports romance books I ever read. Even though it is part of a series you can read it as a stand alone. I got hooked from the very start. I loved Nathan and Summers story!! I had this book done in 2 days.

I thought this book was absolutely adorable! I would definitely recommend this book to anyone looking for a fun and easy-going summer read

This was a cute story and not very hockey oriented like some sports books. I really enjoyed it and couldn't put it down. Thank you for allowing me to review this ARC.

I loved Romancing the Grump is an absolute 5-star for me I think if anyone is looking for Something about a grump in fiction that draws you in for the ride, the moment when their tough wall starts to crumble at the expense of someone charming, this is the perfect read. #RomancingtheGrump #NetGalley

𝕄𝕪 ℝ𝕖𝕧𝕚𝕖𝕨 : 𝟜⭐️/ .𝟝 🌶️
I really enjoyed how the grumpy x sunshine trope was displayed throughout the book. I felt like their personalities just fit that persona so well. I am a sucker for a Dual POV, seeing how they both felt but from their own words. Summer is pretty in touch with her emotions , not afraid to mix logic and love . While Nathan has a lot of stored emotions that he has shoved down.

There wasn’t really any spice , maybe just a little sizzle. The fake dating emotions just kept building and building, between Nathan’s teammates and Summer’s sister Lucy they had so many people cheering them on.

"Romancing the Grump" by Jenny Proctor is a delightful and heartwarming romance that beautifully balances humor and emotional depth. The characters are richly developed, with the grumpy yet endearing Nathan Sanders stealing the show. The witty dialogue between Nathan and Summer, and between the Appies players, kept me hooked from start to finish. Proctor's writing style is both charming and relatable, making it easy to get lost in the story. This book is a fantastic read for anyone looking for a feel-good romance. Highly recommended!

This was sooo sweet. Loved the swoony momments. Sports romance, I as sooo here for it.
This wass o good 4 stars read

I thought this book was just good. There was a lot of swoony moments that Summer and Nathan shared that I adored. I really liked the brotherhood within the Appies, it gave off found family vibes. They made Summer feel so welcomed and shipped the grump x sunshine pair from the start. Summer and Nathan’s chemistry was undeniable but the only time I truly felt their chemistry was when they kissed, that’s it.

With that being said, I found it hard to feel much throughout the story. While reading, I saw their attraction for each other but I don’t feel it if that makes sense. Also, for a good portion of the book, I sensed a bit of repetition in both perspectives when trying to avoid their attraction to one another. A lot of “whys” were being asked and it got kind of annoying to read, but I guess that’s kind of the point of slow burns.

Thank you so much Jenny Porter, Netgalley, and JPC Publishing for the arc in exchange for an honest review.

I have read first two books in the series too, so it was nice to go back with the same characters.
I loved to book itself! I was sick when I read it (just bc I didn’t have any better things to do) and I was so jealous about the scene where Summer takes care of Nathan 😆

So over all, 5/5.