Cover Image: The Bison and the Butterfly

The Bison and the Butterfly

This was a sweet read about a bison trying to make friends. It's a book about friendship, but also about the environment and how important each animal is for the ecosystem. I loved the way the lessons about the environment are made to be part of the story without interrupting the natural flow of the storytelling.

Also, I love bison.

Thank you to Quarto Publishing Group – Ivy Kids Eco and NetGalley for an e-ARC of this title to read and review. This is a very cutely illustrated story about how all animals are interconnected through our ecosystems, and especially how important bison are to our environment! It was not only great to see the story show how we all can help one another out, but also how we already DO help others without even intending to do so!

Absolutely loved this story! Amazing message about finding and making new friends, partnered with learning how the little things we do that seem insignificant to us can mean the world to someone else. Amazing illustrations.

The Bison and the Butterfly is a cute story about friendship and ecosystems. Bison is sad because she has no one to trample through the forest with and enjoy things with. After she unknowingly helped a woodpecker to get her breakfast, she goes about her usual day looking out for opportunities to make friends with other creatures. Eventually, she comes across Butterfly and the pair have a wonderful time together.
I enjoyed how clever this book was about teaching about the ecosystem and all the ways Bison was helpful in ways she didn't even know she was helping other creatures. The back of the book has more information about this and about Bisons too.

This was a cute little story. I really enjoyed reading it to my son. I would recommend it to others, especially teachers of young children and parents of young children. My son enjoyed it.

The Bison and the Butterfly is a beautifully illustrated story about a bison trying to make a friend. Children are sure to be entertained between the illustrations, sound effect captions, and facts about bisons' impact on their environment and other species.

Perfect for children who enjoy animals and nature.

I received an ARC from Quarto Publishing Group – Ivy Kids | Ivy Kids Eco via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

This is one of my favorite picture books I have read lately! The Bison and the Butterfly follows a bison, who is trying to make friends, but struggling to find someone with the same interests. It takes us through all of the ways that bison help the different animals in their ecosystem and even has a bit of history on the importance of bison in the back of the book! It somehow does all of this without feeling too much like non-fiction or too focused on a message. The illustrations are adorable & I rooted for Bison throughout the story. Definitely pick this one up!

Thanks to NetGalley, Alice Hemming, and Quarto Publishing for the chance to read and review!

Such a lovely story, I loved the subject of friendship and how it can be hard to find but so rewarding when you do. I also liked how the book shows that we're all helpful in our own ways even if we don't know it, like the bison.
At the end there's some really great information about bisons that I think it's great for the kids.
The ilustrations are pretty too.
It's a short and simple story but still heartfelt.

*Thanks to NetGalley uk, the publishers and the author for the ARC*

What a cute story of bison wanting to find a special friend and meeting a few on her way. The illustrations were cute

Absolutely gorgeous!

It blends good messages and facts about nature with smooth and nuanced characterisation and narrative.

Already one of our favourite books about nature and the world needs more of these!

Animal and environmental education is so important, and I love that books like this exist to help get children involved in conservation discussion at such an early age. The Bison and the Butterfly is beautifully illustrated, and the text doesn’t shy away from bigger words— not in a way that would be off putting to young ones, more so a way to spark curiosity for inquisitive minds.

I have spent a lot of time in and around Kent, and yet I hadn’t heard of the bison initiative in that area, so I am sure others will also find themselves pleasantly surprised while reading the wonderfully informative final page as well.

Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for granting me an early access copy.

I thought this was a great picture book about the positive effect bison have on their environments. It was a sweet story and also very informative! The extra information in the back matter was also really useful and informative to learn more!

This book was so enjoyable! There is a poop scene in it which will cause raucous laughter in children, maybe not in some squeamish adults. Poor Bison learns what a friend is and just how helpful she is to the environment. Bison has long been one of my favorite animal, and I learned about European Bison, which I did not know excited! Conservation is taught without preaching. I will be giving this book as gifts!

I liked the plot of this book. It is scary to make new friends. It was great that the Bison ended up with so many friends of different backgrounds. My one complaint is all the talk about dung. I think another animal or creature its place would have been nicer.

The Bison and the Butterfly is perfect illustration children book to learn about how ecosystem work. The book following main character a lonely Bison who looking for making friends at her woodland. When she walking around and doing her usually habis, she meeting several animals who really appreciate it. Each of them help Bison to appreciate her self and explore the forest as big ecosystem when each creature help and need each other.

I really like this short but meaningfull plot story. I appreciate real facts about Bison at the back pages. Beautiful illustration with vivid colors are very eye catching. Perfect book for young readers who love animals and explore the topic deeper.

Thank you Netgalley and Ivy Kids Eco, from Quarto Publishing Group for providing copy of this ebook. I have voluntarily read and reviewed it. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Expecting Publication : 6 August 2024

What an incredibly engaging and educational read. This book is perfect for children of various ages. I would red this to my Year 1/Kindergarten class at any point in the year but especially on Earth Day or when we talk about protecting the environment. Older children that are able to read will also enjoy this engaging and informative story. The illustrations are lovely and eye catching. A great addition to any classroom or home library.

Thank you Netgalley and Quarto Publishing Group – Ivy Kids for the ARC in exchange of an honest review.

This tells us in brief about eco-system. Also about finding friendships in very odd circumstances and in least expected places.

It's cute and beautiful, illustrations are simple and beautiful.

This is a heartwarming story about finding friendship in unusual places.. (Who would have thought that you would find a friend while passing dung????) Children would love this book for sure.

A lonely bison finds a friend and learns how she is incredibly valuable to others in her habitat. Wonderful art throughout and the story focuses on themes of making new friends and science/ecosystems. Thank you to Netgalley, the author and the publisher for a chance to read and review this book in exchange for an honest review.

Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for providing me with this book for free in exchange for my review! All opinions are my own.

This was a really sweet read. Whiile it might just seem like a book about a bison and a butterfly, this book has hidden meaning in it too. It teaches children (and adults), that just because someone is different, it doesn't mean that you can't be friends. This is a very important lesson that children need to learn at an early age. I really enjoyed this book and I highly recommend it!

Many Thanks again to NetGalley and the publisher for providing me with this book in exchange for my honest review.

********

If you are interested in seeing more of my reviews and other content feel free to connect with me here <3:

https://linktr.ee/bookreviewsbyjules (links to my Instagram, Goodreads, TikTok, Storygraph, My blog and Substack newsletter, etc)

If you are a publisher or author who has questions about my reviews (as well as questions about my stats, reach or engagement), please free to email me. I am also open to requests for book reviews from authors or publishers. Thank you again for taking time to read my review, and I hope you have a wonderful day!