Girl Next Door is a domestic thriller about two neighboring families who start off as friends. Vanessa and Aaron live happily as a blended family. Suzy, Carl and their two children move in next door, and the families become fast friends. Suzy's teenage daughter, Rachel, falls from her bedroom window and winds up in a coma, and as the investigation develops, we discover that things are not as they first appeared. Vanessa's two boys quickly become suspects, but Vanessa is determined to prove to everyone that her boys are innocent.

The buildup in this story was great! I was fully engrossed in this one, wanting to know what was going to happen. This story was told from multiple POVs which I loved. The plot was great, but I did feel it fell a little flat with execution, mainly at the end. The ending was uneventful, and seemed unrelated to the rest of the story to me. I would've loved more background on what happened at the end. Overall, I really enjoyed the suspense, the drama, the lies and deceit, as well as the buildup. I was just a little let down with the ending.

I love Tamsin Kennard's narration. Her skill at bringing characters to life and allowing the reader to be able to decipher between various characters is *chef's kiss*! She has quickly become one of my favorite narrators.

Thank you NetGalley and Bookouture Audio for the ALC in exchange for my honest review.

LOVED this!! Completely addictive. Highly recommend and will be purchasing for my libraries. Can't wait to read what comes next!

So many twists in this fast paced thriller. Thanks to Netgalley and Bookouture for this eARC. Vanessa lives with her husband, daughter, son and stepson in a quiet safe town. New neighbors move in next door that have two kids Rachel and Ben. Vanessa's two sons soon become quick friends with Rachel. Not long after Rachel moves in tragedy strikes and she falls out out of bedroom window. She's in a coma and her little brother is saying someone pushed her. All signs are pointing to Vanessa's two sons. This starts a whirlwind of secrets, lies, and pasts that get dug up. I found the twists really engaging. I do think the book had a lot of unnecessary filler and could have been majorly cut down. I did enjoy this read though.

The dynamics of relationships – adult and children – are fascinating. I love when an author can put all of those emotions into words that draw you in and refuse to let go until the end. The plot flows well, ebbing and waning to keep your suspicions and thoughts sharp.

When Rachel falls, I felt the emotional weight fall heavy onto my shoulders. As a parent, my heart ached for the tragic event, and I found myself wondering how I would have handled the situation. Relationships and trust are tried, tested, and even broken. Secrets always have a way of coming out and I thoroughly enjoyed how the characters all had bits and pieces that were unveiled at precisely the right moments. The story brings critical thinking to the table and even when you believe you’ve figured it out, BOOM! Another delightful twist!

The ending was unlike anything I’ve read in a while – absolutely enthralling! I definitely want to read more of her backlist!

Okay, so let me tell you…… everyone was a suspect to me! I trusted no one!

The opening really grips you and the unraveling of the lead up to the ‘fall’ kept me turning the pages. I need work out the culprit early on, but spent the whole time second guessing myself.

The are some decent red herrings/revelations which really made me think, the different POVs really enhanced this.

Add this to your TBR

This book kept me guessing. About 1/3 of the way through the book, I thought I had it figured out. Nope! Finished this book in a day. Will be reading more of Karen King's books. Thank you Bookouture and NetGalley for the ARC in exchange for my unbiased opinion.

This book revolves around every parent’s worst nightmare. One child is seriously hurt & two others are blamed for it. This is an intense & unputdownable psychological suspense. I love a good thriller that gives me an ending I don’t expect. Karen King delivered. Just wait for the epilogue.

Thank you, Karen King, Bookouture, & Netgalley, for my early copy & audiobook! All opinions are my own.

Read and reviewed in exchange for a free copy from NetGalley. This was a gripping read which I blitzed through in a few hours. The story was well-paced and intriguing, and King switched between the different narratives well. However, I found the climax to be rushed.

Put aside a day just to read because you won't be able to put this one down. I read into the wee hours because the suspense was killing me!

Vanessa and Aaron have a blended family, one son from her, one son from him, and a 3-year-old between them. They have sworn to treat all kids equally and mostly they do. Until the new neighbor next door falls from her bedroom window. When blame threatens to tear them apart, how far will Vanessa go to protect her son?

King will have you questioning each character's motivation and suspecting almost all of them at some point. We hear their individual points of view. King perfectly captures teen angst and sibling relationships, loyalty, and secret-keeping

Thank you to NetGalley and Bookouture for inviting me on this Books On Tour!

This book blew me away! The prologue starts off super strong, drawing the reader into the book. Then we rewind three months to see what led up to that point, and how things play out after the fall. I can’t even count how many times King kept me guessing. I didn’t know who was responsible for the fall, though of course I had my guesses. Which, by the way, they were all wrong. There were just so much suspense, second guessing, twists, and thrills in this book. It really was absolutely amazing.

King navigates through some interesting dynamics as well. There’s spouses pitted against each other because it’s a blended family and neighbors who were somewhat friendly now at odds. A parent’s instinct is to protect their child, but do these parents protect their children and the expense of someone else? While these characters are all likeable, I did struggle at times with Aaron, Vanessa’s husband. He was so quick to blame Jacob and say Jacob was just like his father, Rick. It was really hard for me to believe that someone who has become like a parent to a child would react the way he did when push came to shove. Now, Carl and Suzy, Rachel’s parents, I completely agree with how they reacted. I probably would have reacted similarly.

Told from multiple points of view, with a fantastic buildup to a jaw dropping ending, I highly recommend thriller lovers read this book. It does not disappoint!

🌟🌟🌟🌟
Thank you Bookouture for inviting me to be part of the Books on Tour for “The Girl Next Door”. This was a great suburban domestic drama.
Vanessa lives with her blended family in a small town. Everything is going well until Rachel moves in next door. Her arrival separates Vaness’s family and Rachel’s life is in danger after “falling” out of the window.
This book had an amazing twist that I never saw coming. If you are looking for a quick beach read, this book is for you. Many thanks to the author, Bookouture and NetGalley for a complimentary copy of the book. The opinions expressed in this review are entirely my own.
#GirlNextDoor #KarenKing #NetGalley #Bookouture #BooksOnTour #BookLove #Bookstagram #NewBook #ILoveBooks

Girl Next Door by Karen King and narrated by Tamsin Kennard was an excellent psychological suspense audiobook/book. This audiobook was full of great twists and turns throughout, that
was very addictive from start to finish and I ended up listening to it all day.

The narrator Tamsin Kennard was excellent and bought this book alive.

I highly recommend this book. Excellent!

Girl Next Door is the fifth thriller I've read by King. It's a moderately paced thriller that focuses on two neighbouring families, an accident and repercussions that will resonate forever.

I knew it was fast going to become my next favourite read from the prologue. It didn't disappoint. The twists were relentless and the tensions and suspense throughout were on point.

It's narrated from multiple POV, has some credible characters whose behaviour and dialogues will keep you guessing throughout, and makes you question who you can trust.

An enjoyable and engrossing read.

Just wonderful. I loved this one so much. Thrilling and suspenseful. Great writing and a plot that races through to the climactic finish. Wonderful.

This book is multi-POV and tells the story of two families, one where a daughter suffers injuries due to a fall, and one where two sons are seen as possible suspects for causing the fall.

This book was okay, it didn't intrigue me the entire way through, but it did keep my attention for the most part. The pacing was good, but I did find the repetition of "I don't believe this. But he told me a lie and now I believe it". The book did seem to drag quite a bit in the beginning and middle.

Also, it reminded me of another book that I had read with a similar premise of two familes, one with an injured daughter, and one with a suspect son and mothers on both sides believing their respective kids.

The ending did leave quite a bit to be desired as well. It just seemed like quite a bit of build up, and just to have everything resolved so blandly didn't really leave a mark. There were so many things that could have just been solved by the husband telling the truth about him losing his job, or about the other allegations. It just turned into a whole big thing for nothing major and fell flat to me.

This was a quick and easy read. At the beginning it was a bit boring, but then it started getting interesting. I have to say that these mysteries and secrets were not that unexpected. I expected more. Every time I had a feeling something bad will happen while discovering a secret, it was not that exciting.
Still, it's a good read if you want to read something at the beach.

Thank you Bookouture for the ARC!

Not great. I mean, this wasn't very thrilling or mysterious and that was the one thing that it had to be. Sure, I wanted to know what happened but the longer it went on the less I cared. The reveal about all the secrets within these two families was so lame. Granted, I don't think anyone will be able to predict the big secret "the girl next door" is hiding but that's because it comes so out of left field that it actually made zero sense. Also, I just don't think I'm the biggest fan of low stakes blackmail stories. There could have been so many other ways the story went that would have been so much more interesting, or more thrilling, or darker but none of that happened.

Also, this is a minor gripe and something nitpicky, I know, but why the hell was the dad named Aaron and the daughter named Erin?!? Why would the author do that?? That's going to be a nightmare for anyone who listens to the audiobook for this. I can't believe they let that through the editing process.

The one saving grace to this book was the very last reveal in the epilogue. That was pretty decent and felt very reminiscent of the kind of thing that Ashley Audrain does in her books. It still couldn't save the book as a whole though.

Girl Next Door is an excellent psychological thriller that is full of twists and turns.
There are some great characters and a couple of very suspicious ones that had me wondering a lot about them. After a few chapters I had it all worked out and knew who had ‘pushed’ Rachel from the window. To be honest I felt a little disappointed that I had it all worked out so early on. I should have known however with this wonderful author that things don’t always work out the way you think. And boy did I get a huge surprise at the end . Turns out I was completely off track with my theory and I was so happy that I actually hadn’t in fact worked it out. This was such a brilliant read with an utterly super ending.

This is a new author for me. The blurb made me really want to read Girl Next Door and I wasn’t disappointed. I really enjoyed the use of multiple POV characters so you get into the head of everyone involved in the tragedy and are never quite sure whose telling the truth. This is the kind of thriller I tend to really enjoy. I thought I knew who’d attacked Rachel but the author led me down the garden path. I love it when I have no idea what’s going on. I loved the twists and turns. I had a great time reading this and would recommend it.

Girl Next Door by Karen King is an excellent read, I loved the characters and the storyline which had an underlying sense of dread running through it.
This author does an excellent job of creating a setting that adds to the tension of the story.
The twist in the plot was amazing and made the entire book a great read.
I liked how it kept my interest and stayed at a very good pace throughout.
The suspense increased and I was fully invested and didn’t want it to end.
The author did such a great job with the characters keeping them engaging and entertaining through it all.

Thank You NetGalley and Bookouture for your generosity and gifting me a copy of this amazing eARC!