I’ve never watched Survivor, but I used to be a HUGE fan of the Bachelor and its spinoffs, particularly Bachelor in Paradise. But while BIP features its stars sipping cocktails and sleeping in a fancy house, Attached at the Hip takes a more Survivor approach to a dating show. Literally tied to their partner on the show, Orie and the other contestants must forage for food and compete in challenges after sleeping in caves or on the sand. On the line is a cash prize and a chance at love!
I listened to the audiobook of AATH and I really enjoyed it! The narration was excellent and it felt like I was listening to the podcast version of a reality show! Brittany Pressley portrayed the characters and their various personalities so well, and I was sucked into the drama!
Pop your popcorn and settle in for a lot of laughs but also some sweet and tender moments! This was a really fun read and perfect for summer. I would say this one falls a bit more in the NA category than YA, based on the character ages!

Thank you to Macmillan audio for the ALC. All thoughts are my own.

When I think about young adult as a genre, I always consider these books to have people still in their teens in them. However, based on the actual words being in the book, I would categorize Attached at the Hip by Christine Riccio as YA... maybe new adult? This was a rom-com that takes Survivor and mixes it with romance. Orie is not my favorite character, she is pretty dramatic and at times rather annoying (screechy is the word that comes to mind), but her naivete felt very authentic to her age of early 20s and I still had a whole lot of fun watching this story play out.

I almost forgot the narrator for the audiobook is Brittany Pressley, maybe because I have never heard her have to narrate a character whose voice went up so many octaves, but she brought it! She completely epitomized Orie's character and I loved her for it. The drama of the TV show aspect as well as the focus on family made this such an interesting read, and I loved those elements the most. There is a little twist in here that I wasn't expecting but really enjoyed, and I was really happy with Orie's growth as well. Attached at the Hip is a great read for someone looking to escape from reality for a minute and a bonus if you enjoy pop culture references!

Despite not being a Survivor fan, this is one reality show I could certainly get behind. Imagine being tethered to a stranger for EVERYTHING, while undergoing a reality show, in the wilderness. Now add to it that 3 of the other cast members are potential romantic matches for you, and one is a familiar individual from your past or present.

This wild game show is so up my alley, I flew through this read wishing it was a real thing. From quirky jobs like "acrobatic yoga" to cutting bangs to be more likeable (terrible idea with no showers or amenities), "Attached at the Hip" will have readers roaring with laughter.

This was a decent read; I liked the island/speed dating aspect, but I do think the characters were a bit shallow and one dimensional.

I received an advanced copy. All thoughts are my own.

A great read for fans of reality shows! My emotions are all over the place with this book. It took me several chapters to like the FMC cuz she's so indecisive and can't do anything on her own, but I get that's what makes the storyline so vital. I was highly entertained by the thought of a reality dating show in a Survivor environment, and the characters did not disappoint.

The only part I really struggled with was not knowing which character I could trust (as I already have huge trust issues, lol), but it ended up keeping me on my toes and really paying attention to every little detail given. I definitely couldn't survive if Attached At The Hip was a real show, but I'd certainly enjoy watching it unfold.

I feel like most YA novels are geared for high schoolers, but this YA Contemporary Romance was really geared for the just graduated from college young adult. A mix of Survivor and dating shows, Attached at the Hip follows Ori through the first season of a new reality TV show, where she hopes to survive long enough to win the prize money to help her family, but along the way Ori finds her chance at love.

I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

This was a fresh take on romance. A 20 something trying to find her way in the world. She has been very dependent on her family she the good and bad of a having who generally likes each other. Orie find herself in a tropical island in a reality show. There are highs and lows but Orie finds what she is looking for in a exciting adventure.

Billed as Survivor meets the Bachelor. How could I resist? I've not really watched The Bachelor except to watch the ladies cry on night one and lament how much they loved the man that didn't choose them. You know the guy they met a couple of hours ago. But I've watched Survivor on and off for years.

I liked the premise, but I should note that this is more reality show and a little less romance than I thought going in. But I am still a fan. I liked that the author created a new reality show instead of trying to hide that she was using an existing one. It made it so I did not know what they show might do or change next.

I was entertained from the start. At times there was a little extra drama and the contestants seemed a little young, but the extra drama might be a behind the scenes thing on all reality shows. But neither of those things deterred from my enjoyment.

This was narrated by Brittany Pressley. One of my favorite female narrators. She always brings so much to the table and makes anything she reads a little better. She did a fantastic job showing the tension and the emotions that flowed through the book.

This is a perfect choice for a summer read with the setting and the adventure. You'll especially love this one if you are a reality show fan.

I was so excited to listen to this book because I had dove deep into dating reality TV for whatever reason. So the permits and idea of this book was very captivating to me. However once I got into it sadly I just didn't feel like it hooked me the way I wanted it to. And most definitely felt like a retailing of a TV show which is fine I just did not find myself connecting to me of the characters or the story as a whole unfortunately. It's a very light easy read I do think if you like the more TV retellings this is right up your alley!

what an amazing book. I highly recommend it. Its a perfect summer read. Its just *chefs kiss*. Its everything you could want in a romance.

Attached at the Hip is everything I want in an audiobook and more! There was romance and competition and far flung locals! This book felt original and captivating!

Survivor meets The Bachelor (or any dating show). I am not a fan of reality TV so I was not expecting to like this as much as I did, but this was super fun!

As a hardcore Survivor fan I LOVED this book! This book brought all the best aspects of Survivor, including a eating challenge, to life and kept me on the edge of my toes.

I absoultely fell in love with Orie's character and her character development throughout the show was fantastic! The love triangle that started to form between Orie, Remy, and Osprey kept me guessing how it the game will end. This was such a fun read that I couldn't put it down!

I listened to the audiobook and Brittany Pressley knocked this one of the park!

A cute adventure read - like Survivor meets Love Island dating show where you’re attached to your teammate via rope. This book had a lot of funny moments (like how do I poop while tethered to a cute boy?) and I loved seeing Orie’s growth. The beginning was slow, but then it picked up. There were so many book references which I liked. Then the twist at the end!!!

Thank you NetGalley and Macmillan Audio for an advanced listening copy in exchange for my honest review.

I absolutely LOVED this audiobook!! Brittany Pressley does an AMAZING job at the audio in this book! Orie Lennox has spent most of her life wanting a Happily Ever After. She has a new job, just broke up with her 10 year relationship boyfriend, and the relationship with her sister has become rocky. Orie decides to audition for a television show like "Survivor" or "Fear Factor" but the show is actually called "Attached at the Hip." Orie does not realize what she is getting herself into. Her and nine other contestants are on an island playing for 1 million dollars. Orie learns about friendships, relationships, and so many other things while on the show. I felt like I was listening to an actual game show that I would watch on tv! Christine Riccio did a FABULOUS job with the characters and the different challenges they face while on the show. If you love reality TV shows this book is a MUST especially a GREAT summer read! I highly recommend the audiobook version!!

Although I had many issues with Christine Riccio's debut novel, Again but Better, I fell in love with the premise of Attached at the Hip and decided to give it a chance. Unfortunately, Christine Riccio's writing hasn't seemed to develop at all. While yes, the premise of this book is super fun, I had issues with just about everything else. To start, I found that the author kept over-explaining how Survivor and games shows as a whole work. Honestly, all of the pop-culture references were over-explained. I also found the ending of the book to be way to drawn out. But really, my biggest issue with this book is the main character. She is incredibly naive, both on the reality show and just in life and love in general. She's also way to quirky and childish. I know her messiness is supposed to be loveable, but more often than not I wanted to shake her and tell her to grow up. And of course, even though she's a mess, everyone is in love with her. She also is a reader, writer, and influencer, making her feel like a self-insert character for the author. So even though there were things about this book that I liked, I couldn't enjoy the book because I was stuck inside the main character's head. Overall, I liked this book marginally more than the author's others, but I still found myself disappointed.
Thank you to the publisher and Macmillan Audio for the ARCs in exchange for an honest review!

Oh my goodness this book was absolutely awesome! It was funny, witty, compelling, and of course, totally swoon worthy!

What a fun read!

I'm not a fan of reality TV shows myself, but Attached at the Hip was a reading experience I could get behind.

The book follows Orie Lennox who on a whim applies to be a part of a reality TV show where she will be stranded with a bunch of strangers, on an island, and a chance to win a million dollars.

I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed this. This has the feel of a triangle, but trust me, the author handles this well and I loved how the ending turned out for Orie. I thought it was unique but worked well for the plot in the book.

Orie was super bubbly, which even though I could not relate to, I was drawn to regardless. Her name was unique enough so her choosing a weird nickname for the show kinda threw me for a loop, but it was something I could overlook.

Overall, this read is great for the summer. I found myself coming back to it more and more. The audiobook narrator did a great job with this.

It was honestly such a refreshing surprise to read something with such a unique plot! Like REALITY TV but as a BOOK? Count me in! It absolutely delivered 1000%.

I binge read this the same way I would binge a season of Survivor. I would do anything for a “second season” aka sequel of attached at the hip.

I tandem read this ALC with the ARC ebook I also received. The narrator was so good and definitely delivered the emotions well and made it really seem like I was just watching reality tv which is phenomenal!

Christine Riccio's 'Attached at the Hip' is a contemporary romance set in the high-stakes world of reality TV, blending Survivor-like challenges with The Bachelor's romantic intrigue. Narrated by Brittany Pressley, the audiobook immerses listeners in Orie's journey as she navigates the ups and downs of being literally attached to another contestant on a remote island. Pressley's versatile narration brings the characters to life, though some may find her male voice portrayal lacking.

The story follows Orie Lennox, a social influencer seeking her own happily ever after, as she grapples with unexpected challenges and discovers newfound growth amidst the chaos of reality television. While the premise is fun and engaging, some aspects of the character dynamics may polarize listeners, particularly Orie's initial selfishness and immaturity. However, Riccio's skillful storytelling ultimately leads to a satisfying character arc, making Orie's journey a rewarding one. Overall, 'Attached at the Hip' offers an entertaining blend of romance, adventure, and self-discovery, complemented by Pressley's spirited narration.