Cover Image: Blue Lily, Lily Blue

Blue Lily, Lily Blue

I read and loved The Raven boys and then dove into the second book as fast as I could get my hands on it. Requesting and getting approved for this one just as I was starting...then for some reason that I can't recall I stopped reading The Dream Thieves about half way through. Not because it wasn't good or wasn't enjoying it but I just got distracted. And then I never went back. I also meant to pick it up and finish it and then to finish the series. But here it is 2020 and I still haven't done so and not sure if I ever will despite all my good intentions.
Blue Lily, Lily Blue is the third book in Maggie Stiefvater's The Raven Cycle.
In this book, Blue Sargent's mother is gone and Blue and her friends need to find her. There is a mystery surround three sleepers, and of course there is the ongoing interpersonal relationships between Blue, Gansey, Ronan, and Adam.
There are a few authors who write extremely well, and write in genres that appeal to me, but for whatever reason, I simply cannot connect with them.  Maggie Stiefvater is one such author for me.
The writing is poetic. Lyrical. And there is some remarkable depth to these characters inside a story that should be something I'd really enjoy ... but I don't.  Instead I get bored.  This book seemed to muse on and on about their relationships. And the more they reflected on one another the less I cared.
I wish I could have gotten into this - many people I know seemed to really like Stiefvater and this book, but I am clearly not the intended audience (and there's a lot of reading material out there) so I'll move on.
Looking for a good book? If you enjoy poetic reminiscing on relationships in a slight fantasy setting, then you might enjoy Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater.
I received a digital copy of this book from the publisher, through Netgalley, in exchange for an honest review.
The Raven boys are back! Three months after the story left off, but the main problems they're facing remain the same. As their goal of finding Glendower grow closer another problem arise , Blue Sargent's mother had gone missing in the underground cave and left nothing but a cryptic note. Meanwhile, as Blue struggle to wait for her mother to return, she and the Raven boys- Gansey, Adam, Ronan and Noah finds a mysterious cave that will lead them in much more what they expect.

Stiefvater is a brilliant storyteller as ever! her marvel imagination, razor sharp characterizations and eloquent prose makes the whole story alive and real it fascinated me to no end. Blue Lily, Lily Blue enchanted me just as much as the first two. The writing as always is superb so vibrant I find myself deep into the whole weirdness (the good kind) and the dark and ominous elements that keeps me on edge. There is a LOT of strange things happen and so MUCH unexpected events in this book it was unimaginable it's almost tangible you can feel it.

Blue Lily, Lily Blue was everything! truly one of a kind series that will leave you wondering
Blue Lily, Lily Blue comes from the fantastic Maggie Stiefvater as the third installment of The Raven Boys' series. Full of magic and mysteries, romance and teenagers living their day to day lives. Hitmen, psychics, dreams that allow you to pull objects from them.

This is a book you don't want to miss. Maggie will always be on my recommendations' list.
Absolutely masterful. http://gillianeberry.blogspot.com/2014/10/review-blue-lily-lily-blue-by-maggie.html