Les Miserables

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: Not set

After reading all of the Manga Classics that NetGalley has been willing to share I have decided that I will definitely be buying physical copies. These are Manga adaptations of classics. Classics I have never read before, but now interested in tracking down. Great job guys and girls! Thank you for the opportunity to read this.
I was unable to download this title. However I was able to look up some sample pages and it looks amazing! Will purchase and make an official review as soon as possible
I haven't read the actual book, but I have seen the musical and the movie and this was just as good. The adaptation was amazing. If you want a full experience read it while listening to the Les Mis movie soundtrack. It's so good because the scenes and music match perfectly.
This was my first manga and I loved it. Les Mis is one of my favourite stories and productions so I knew I would love this. The art work and storytelling was fantastic - I would highly recommend.
I loved this retelling of the Victor Hugo classic. Beautiful illustrations and amazing story. I love this idea of writing classics in to Manga form for the current generations preferences. i honestly did not read the original, and I ALMOST want to after seeing the manga, except I do not re-read books. Even though this is a manga and the book will have more detail  and various differences, I still love the manga and do not feel a need to read the original.
I was really excited to read and review this. But unfortunately I could not download it. It wasn’t available for kindle download. Thank you for the opportunity though. I hope this becomes available for kindle download soon.
My favourite classic 'Les Miserables' in the famous Japanese Manga comic format. Beautiful illustrations and word bubbles precisely convey the story of Jean Valjean a convict who is pursued by Javert, a police officer & Fantine, a single mother's struggle to give a proper life to her daughter, Cosette. If you are a beginner in classics or you don't want to read the original unabridged editions but still you want to know about the classic story, this one's the perfect pick for you. Once you are used to reading in the Manga style, it's easy-to-follow. Don't miss out reading your favourite classics in their Manga style.
Why would a villain be doing good things?

I love this classic, I'm somehow drawn to this story in whatever format there is, movie, book or in this case manga. I can imagine people discovering the story through the manga format and that just makes me very happy.
I'm currently also reading the original, unabridged version.. which is BIG, very big. And that is where my problem with this manga version lies: It was too short. The original version is 1400+ pages! So understandably, they had to make some cuts, which I don't mind (I mean we don't really need Bishops Myrial complete backstory am I right?) except that is made the story feel rushed at some times and thus made for less impact on me as a reader. I still highly enjoyed the story and format, but I wished it had been longer!
This is beautifully done. The heartbreaking story we have all come to love teamed with beautiful pictures with that whimsical anime charm.
This would be a great option if you were looking to get your teens into reading classics without it feeling a bit dusty.
**I received a copy of this book in exchange of an honest review. All opinions are entirely my own.**
I haven't read Les Miserables yet, because the book was quite intimidating in size. But I think this graphic novel did a great job at including the most important parts of the story. I really felt that I was able to get the gist of what the book is about, just by reading this graphic novel.
I will definitely be reading the book!
I hadn't ready Les Miserable before this. It has been on my TBR list for a long time. When I saw this adaptation of it, I knew I had to try it. I am a new manga reader. I love the graphics and the style of manga. I didn't realize what I was missing. The story is beautiful. I think I'll have to read the written version now.

*Thank you to Netgalley for providing the e-ARC in exchange for an honest review.*
{My thoughts} – This was the Manga I was most concerned about reading for a review. I’d picked up the original novel years back and after a couple of pages stuffed it back on my bookshelf. Let’s be honest here, although it is known to be a great book, well written, with a nice story line. It has a massively boring start and I couldn’t force myself to get into it.

I didn’t have that issue with this version of the classic. In this version all the boring stuff seemed to be eliminated leaving you to enjoy the actual story. The illustrations help to share that story in such a wonderful way, that it’s really hard to say I didn’t like this book. Reading through this book, almost made me want to try and pick up the original and attempt to read it again. I say almost, I am not sure my sanity could survive it!

I really enjoyed the way in which the book was simplified and made easy to understand. I enjoyed the illustrations and the ability to feel and see what the author was trying to convey. I really do think that this book is one of the best adaptations I have read through of a book that I’d in the past found to be extremely difficult to get into! I can see this book becoming popular with individuals wanting to read the classics but not wanting to be bored to death with a bunch of un-needed background.

I cannot openly say that I will pick up the original after reading this book. But I will give it some thought. I am really enjoying being able to read the classics in this way! It is giving me a whole new perspective, and lets face it, sometimes that’s awesome! A lot of these Manga Classics seem like old stories brought to life through a new light! And to me, that’s what is making them so wonderful and fun to read.
This was a great adaptation of Les Mis! Les Mis has always been one of my favorite stories, and I loved seeing it in this form. I think it was a great way to make it shorter, simpler to understand, and bring the characters to life.

This was the first Manga I've read, and I would like to thank NetGalley for providing it for me in exchange for an honest review. I really enjoyed the experience.

The art was gorgeous, and I especially loved the full-page artwork. The only thing I didn't love about the book was the time changing - 5 years later, 7 years later, etc. But since Les Mis is such a huge story and there's so much to cover, I understand why they had to do it. I also noticed there was a darker background when it was back in time, which helped with getting used to that.
Les Miserables was already a beautiful story, but the graphic novelization of it adds extra layers that bring it further alive! Gorgeous illustrations coupled with brief and direct descriptions/dialogue,  this manga is a true tribute to the original. Not a retelling, it sticks closely enough to Victor Hugo's play that it can be read as an introduction into the man's works.
****This book was received for free via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.****
[Thank you to Undo Entertainment and NetGalley for the ebook in exchange for an honest review]
I have never read the classic Les Miserables. I have only had the chance to watch the film version of it and I was not sure what I was going to get from this Manga. This was my third Manga that I have read so far from Undo Entertainment and I can honestly say that I enjoyed this one the most.
Story line: I did not feel that this story was as rushed as the previous one that I read. I felt that it included more text and flowed better. There were a few times in which that I wish that there was not a scene cut because you wondered at first if you missed something but then it seemed that the story at least filled in that scene jump.
The artwork: As usually the art work was very well done and beautiful. I thought that the scenes in France portrayed the time period very well. I also really thought that the ending scenes with the revolution really looked and felt the same as they were in the movie and I found myself really enjoying the visuals. The only thing that I did not like was that some of the images seemed to have a gray scale that was blurry to me.
Very well done Manga for this and would give to someone who has never read the classic because I felt that you are able to get enough from it to fully understand what is going on and the importance of it.
This is a book that has always, always intimidated me. I have had the Barnes and Noble classic edition on my shelf for years now and I have never picked it up. This manga classic, like the others by Udon, is just stunning. This story is a masterpiece and the art really brings it all together. I think this is my favorite one that I’ve read.
I fricking love Les Mis so there is no way I will hate an edition of the book. I am glad it was made accesible in another way so more people get to experience the story and characters' journeys.
First of all, this is not the first manga I have read from this company. And damn, I highly recommend them. While I am at work (in my local library), I always recommend their manga to patrons who enjoy a new twist on their favorite classics.

The artwork never ceases to amaze me.

Let’s get into the meat, because, funny enough, this was the first time I have ever read Les Miserables. However, the tale of these characters is not new to me. I have seen the relatively recent musical with Anne Hathaway and Hugh Jackman, along with the DVD Broadway version of just the songs (which was beautiful, by the way).

Les Miserables moves between a host of different characters: from Fantine who gives away her daughter Cosette to be looked after by a (terrible) family, to Jean Valjean who tried to change his fortune and become a better person. Valjean had not been a terrible person at first; he was jailed because he tried to help his family by stealing some food. Trust me; you will become invested in these characters no matter which version of the story you see or read.

Anything I would change? Besides the fact that I would have loved to read it as a paperback? Nope. I would not change a thing!

Thank you to Net Galley for a review copy of this manga!
With graphic novels, lots of the story has to be cut down to fit into the book and I believe they did a really good job of picking the main events and presenting them with beautiful illustrations. The story was really interesting and is also enjoyable for fans of the musical, as well as the original book. I did get confused at times when there were flashbacks in the storyline but I believe that's more due to my lack of knowledge of graphic novels than the story itself. Overall I really enjoyed it and sped through it quickly.
Welcome to this cook review.
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review
Once again this is a great way to re-discover or discover a classic you have long wanted to read.
This story was vibrant, and while I was terrified by the size of the original novel, this was a great way to dip my toes into the world and ultimately punched me to buy the full novel and give it a go (some time soon).
The artist made the story come alive, with emotions that touched the reader and left you crying long after the events happened. They managed to pull your heartstrings without making it feel childish or like a caricature.
While I wish it had been longer and had more description, it was an amazing way to make me want to finally pick up the novel and truly made me travel to another era.
I totally recommend you pick this up,
Bookarina.