Miss Mabel's School for Girls

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 30 Jun 2015

I received this book for free through Netgalley way back in 2015, but I never got around to reading it back then. I recently came across this book again and decided to pick it up. WHY DID I NOT READ THIS SOONER?

This book kind of reminded me of Harry Potter. Not in an annoying rip-off kinda way, but in a 'YAAAS give me more of this please' kinda way. There's a land of witches where no mortal lives, with magical schools, and potions, curses, hexes and dark magic and... there's a war coming.

I loved this book. I liked the main character who isn't your typical YA standard main girl. She's strong, not to be messed with, secretly a bad-ass, but also still a 16-year old. There is absolutely 0 weird romance/love triangle happening. The focus is completely on the story and the world Bianca operates in. It all feels well thought out and I like that. I also really appreciated that this book does not just focus on one event. Since this book is part of a series, it could have just focused on the Competition that is happening in this book. But it doesn't. After the Competition there's more! So big points for that.

This book managed to get me out of my reading slump and I will be reading all the other books in this serie for sure.
This was a good enjoyable read. I likedon't the premise of the plot and the charaters aswell. I would recommend this book.