Cover Image: Led Astray: The Best of Kelley Armstrong

Led Astray: The Best of Kelley Armstrong

Each one of these short stories are from her hit Otherworld, Cainsville, Age of Legends, and Darkest Powers/Darkness Rising series or original short stories. Here are my ratings the short stories:

Original Short Stories

Rakhashi: I needed more information on the Rakhashi! I wish Kelley would write more on them.

A Haunted House of Her Own:

We meet married couple Tanya and Nathan, who are seeking out a haunted house in order to transform into a B&B. The more the story unfolds, we find that the story nor the actions of the house are what they seem. Is it truly haunted or a matter of madness?

8 out of 10 Book Charms

Last Stand: Different twist on a zombie story. What happens when the monsters become aware and go after the humans that attacked them?

6 out of 10 Book Charms

The Door: This story made my cry! A father and mother will do anything to protect their family - even if it means risking their own lives.

8 out of 10 Book Charms

Dead Flowers By a Roadside: I could not stop crying with this one. No matter how short it is, you can feel the father's grief over losing his daughter and wife. My only question is did he turn into a ghost in the end?

7 out of 10 Book Charms

Suffer the Children: The idea was there, but the resolution fell flat.

6.5 out of 10 Book Charms

The Collector: Now I want to track down the Hellraiser short story collection! Great adaption of the Hellraiser lore.

10 out of 10 Book Charms

Harbinger: If dead people are trying to give you a warning, listen and don't yell at them.

8.5 out of 10 Book Charms

Plan B: Hell Hath no fury than the "Other Woman's" scorn.

7.5 out of 10 Book Charms

Dead to Me: Was not expecting how this story went.

Age of Legends

The Kitsune's Nine Tales: The Katsune's Nine Tales: 9 Tales = 9 Lies. Beware of the Katsune's tricks. You may end up with a knife in your back.

Cainsville Series Stories

The Screams of Dragons: Wow, I'm ready to start reading the Cainsville series! A strange town filled with magnificent beings who only want to help the misunderstood and gifted. Unfortunately, they couldn't help Bobby. Even though someone may come from a dark past, it is up to them to give into the darkness. The ending was completely unexpected!

10 out of 10 Book Charms

Gabriel's Gargoyles: Wasn't really needed....

6 out of 10 Book Charms

The Hunt: Sometimes it's not the animal you're hunting, but yourself.

6 out of 10 Book Charms

Devil May Care: Prequel to Gabriel's Gargoyles, Love the fae lore aspect!

Darkest Powers/Darkness Rising

Kat: I haven't read the Darkness Rising series since I was in high school and it looks like I may need to pick them up and refresh. We're reminded of the genetic experiments operations of the Edison Group as they are seeking to retrieve the escaped experiment, Kat. Quick, Simple, but good story from that world.

9 out of 10 Book Charms

Branded: It was missing something, I don't know what, but something...

5 out of 10 Book Charms

Otherworld Universe

Learning Curve: Welcome back to the Otherworld. If you're going to try to stake a vampire, make sure you don't run into Zoe and are better prepared, kids.

6 out of 10 Book Charms

Bamboozled: The story as ok. Imagine a heist involving supernaturals that goes wrong.

The List: More like Learning Curve Prt. 2

6 out of 10 Book Charms

Young Bloods: Wasn't anything too special.

5 out of 10 Book Charms

V Plates: Play on "V-Card"! I missed Nick from this series!

8 out of 10 Book Charms

Life Sentence: A bit slow, but love the ending!

7 out of 10 Book Charms
DNF. I've read some books by Armstrong, but I don't think I'm well versed enough with her titles to get through the majority of these stories. I did like the Kat story I finished. No rating.
Kelley Armstrong is a favorite author of mine, and I always devour everything she writes. For some reason, I had requested this ARC way back when and only remembered it now. This is a solid collection of short stories that covers most of Kelley's established worlds - and adds a few new ones. You can't miss with Kelley.