Cover Image: Orphan X

Orphan X

Minotaur Books and NetGalley provided me with an electronic copy of Orphan X. I was under no obligation to review this book and my opinion is freely given.

As part of the Orphan program, Orphan X was extensively trained as an assassin, off the books and lethal as any weapon. After tragic events force him to go off the grid, Orphan X - now known as Evan Smoak - decides to use the skills he has learned to help good people with nowhere to turn. Hence, the legend of the Nowhere Man was born. Unfortunately, sometimes even the hunter will become the prey...

This fast paced thriller is a quick read and introduces a character that has possibilities for future plot lines. Evan Smoak is everything I like in a spy thriller main character: resourceful, intelligent, strong, and with compassion for his fellow man. His willingness to help others, whether it is penance or just a desire to use his skills for good, is admirable. The plot is well developed and kept me on the edge of my seat. I highly recommend Orphan X to readers who enjoy the genre or for those who are looking for a character driven novel with a fast paced plot.

I read the blurb today, got the book today and read the book today and I am a fan. There is a perfect blend of backstory and the current story to build a rich world that shows a whole world of intrigue, isolation, family and society at its best and worst. The secondary characters are very vibrant and play crucial roles in this action packed story. There were shades of 007, Bourne Identity, the Hitman and more to this first book of what I anticipate being an epic series with government intrigue, suspense, shocks and more. I loved working through the plot twists with Evan and sharing the surprises as he encountered them. The ending was a new loophole, but one that I had questioned during a certain scene. I can’t wait to read the next book and am off to do so now!

Thanks NetGalley and Minotaur Books for the chance to read this story and share my opinion!

I wanted to read this book for a while but with college, there was never time. Luckily, I got an amazing email from NetGalley. The trilogy was available to read. I couldn't stop myself. I had to binge thanks to the upcoming holiday. The book captured me from the first page. It took off like lighting. I couldn't contain my excitement as I read more. On to the next book. Evan, you are a total baddie !!!!

What a fantastic book! This was a gripping thriller that kept me on the edge of my seat! Evan Smoak was an orphan who was taken from a group home and trained to be a deadly assassin. He was part of a group of orphaned boys who received the same training and worked in the same unit. Evan leaves this life behind and puts his skills toward helping people who are in unbearable situations. In return, he asks them to pay it forward and give his contact info to one other person who needs his help.

Evan was a great character and the storyline kept me engrossed! I loved this one and can't wait to see what happens to Evan next!