Cover Image: Is a Worry Worrying You?

Is a Worry Worrying You?

My eight year old son read this to me and he really liked it. If I was an elementary school teacher, I would read this to my class every year. He said he liked how it taught him how to get rid of a worry and it reminded him to think of good times. There were many different scenarios that children may have worries about, but also offered proactive solutions to those worries. The illustrations were “really cool” according to my son; reminded me of the style of illustrations in Where the Wild Things Are. Overall, we both loved it!
A cute illustrated book to drag you out of misery 😂. The book takes you through all kinds of scenarios and gives children an optimistic view of dealing with worry - giving them the disposition to deal with situations under pressure, lack of resources or even taking ownership.

Considering the age group towards which the book focuses its attention, there are a lot of learnings communicated in funny ways and decent designs to keep things on the engaging side.

Author: Ferida Wolff; Harriet May Savitz
Genre: #childrensfiction
Rating: 3/5 ⭐️

Thanks @netgalley @tanglewoodbooks for the Digital ARC
This book does a great job of giving meaningful examples to help young readers understand the idea of a “worry”. As an adult with anxiety raising a child with anxiety, I’m always worried about how these types of books might  this book beautifully handled the validation of worries, while also empowering readers with ways to get rid of them..
I loved the message of this book!  Reading it as an adult it has a positive message for everyone from a child to adult about our worries and how to try to forget about them.  Loved tithe style of the artwork as well, very distinctive yet fun.

**Thanks to the publisher and NetGalley for the e-arc I received.”
This is such a great little book for dealing with anxiety and spiralling thoughts. It’s nice – as an adult reader, too – to be reminded that worries are worries, and sometimes focusing too much on them doesn't help. This book is just very lovely and uplifting and will undoubtedly help little kids fretting about all the things that could go wrong instead of focusing on the present. The art is wonderful, too. It reminds me of the books I read growing up.
This works as a good children's book and the illustrations are a delight. It also works as a great conversation starter and the children were happily discussing what worried them. Perhaps the best thing was that once the conversations started they realised that they were not the only ones to have worries. On Christmas day the main conversation starter was- what do you worry about ? ..... We certainly had some very lively and revealing conversations.
Helping a child work through feelings and worries can be very trying sometimes. That's when a book comes to the rescue.  This one does that!
Thanks #NetGalley for the book!
A cute little book about worries - where they might come from, and how to deal with them. Because you can! A worry is nothing to worry about!
Is A Worry Worrying You? by Ferida Wolff and Harriet May Savitz, Illustrated by Marie Le Tourneau is a children's picture book that addresses worries that kids have with humor and gives kids a way to cope with their fears.  I'd like to thank NetGalley and Tanglewood for a free copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.

I was absolutely enchanted by this book.  Everyone worries, and I love how the authors dealt with this topic.  The main take away for kids is that there is always something you can do about the worry.  Is A Worry Worrying You? gives parents the perfect opportunity to discuss the topic with their children and should be on every child's bookshelf.  It even gives children the power to get rid of their worries themselves.  The illustrations were fantastic and were reminiscent of something that Tim Burton would do, which is a great thing in my opinion as I love his work.

This book turned out to be so much more than what I was expecting.  It was exceptionally well written and thought out.  Even as an adult, I enjoyed the message and story because there are times that I have a moment that a worry gets out of control.  Like Is A Worry Worrying You? says, even adults can worry!!

Five out of five stars is what I give Is A Worry Worrying You? by Ferida Wolff and Harriet May Savitz, Illustrated by Marie Le Tourneau.  This would make a perfect book for any child, but is especially perfect for children aged three through eight.
Thank you NetGalley and Tanglewood Publishing Inc. for the opportunity to read "Is A Worry Worrying You?" in exchange for my honest review.

This book has fun illustrations that will appeal to children. It teaches what a worry is. It helps to explain to children that a worry stops you from having fun, feeling good or being happy. Worries are invisible but real. The book gives clear examples of what a worry is and how you can come up with a solution to it. It explains how anyone can have a worry - parents, teachers, brother, sisters, friends. Most of the time the things that worry you will never happen. It gives some concrete ways to help overcome a worry. Imagining it away in a suitcase and sending it on a trip. Sealing it in an envelope and mailing it away. Hiding it in a cupboard and closing the door on it.

The book also has ideas on how to prevent worry - by doing something - writing or baking or talking to someone.
I think this book is adorable and a great way to explain what worrying is/feels like and how to help get rid of it in a way what kids can understand.  It is fast paced and without long paragraph which is helpful for the little ones. The art is also beautiful. I think that this book would be extremely helpful for all little kids to read so that they are better able to identify the big emotions that they are experiencing and might not know how to convey it to us.
A great read for describing and handling childhood anxiety and fears. Very helpful for readers of all ages in making this hard topic approachable!
Thank you NetGalley and Tanglewood for accepting my request to read and review Is a Worry Worrying You?.

Author:  Ferida Wolff; Harriet May Savitz
Published:  04/15/2005
Genre:  Children's Fiction

Can a Children's book have gothic illustrations? I don't know how else to describe them.  What you see on the cover is expanded throughout the book.  I loved them.  I look for teaching moments, and throughout the story the author states many things can be a worry.  With the illustrations clearly not realistic, it makes pointing out in a funny way that monsters are not under the bed.

The author writes when you have a worry, take out a deck of cards and don't let it play.  (I want this on a shirt, coffee mug, wall plaque, etc.).

I would gift this to parents, grandparents, and caregivers.  Start a conversation before there is a worry.  I'm on the fence for babysitters.
Cute illustration to explain worries to children. Read it to my daughter today. She liked it because the blue monster represented the worry.
This is a wonderful children's book that deals with worries and anxieties.
The illustrations are engaging but the writing is phenomenal. Children's books usually don't have good writing, this felt like reading a book by a really well-experienced author.
Even I felt a little better after reading this book. Worrying can be troublesome and it is a difficult concept to explain to kids.
I absolutely loved this book.
A huge thanks to Netgalley and Tanglewood Press for an eARC of this children's book in exchange for my honest review. Give this book to your children! Give this book to your students or the other children in your life. I believe this book will help a lot of children who suffer from anxiety as the book accurately depicts what anxiety looks like and how it feels while also providing concrete ways to deal with said anxiety. I will definitely be passing this on to my nieces and nephews.
it is a cute book about worrying: definition, description, and how to deal with it in a simple way to make sure the children got the idea. I love it. thanks for this experience.
This short picture book with its charming illustrations about worrying and finding a solution to stop worrying is better than millions of complicated self-help books.

It is so frank and true about worrying and anxiety that it makes an adult like myself feel wonderful by reading it.
I am an autistic adult who is going through deadlines and critiques for my work by my supervisor. Of course, I am worried.
Hence, this book is brilliant for everyone—adults and children alike. This wonderful book has given me a chance to focus on my actual visible worries and forget about the non-existing ones. It is an outstanding book to find a solution and a way to differentiate between the illusion of anxiety and the actual one, with a solution for both.

What if the worst happens? There is always a way to overcome worries.
This was a wonderful story that helps explain the idea of anxiety to a younger audience. It is so important that books like this continue to be published, and that mental health is talked about starting at a young age.
The book "Is a Worry Worrying you", is a quaint little book for children and adults can enjoy too. One can learn why worrying will worry you. and how to not worry anymore.
The writing just compliments the story as a whole. The illustrations are unique and whimsical.  I enjoyed reading it to my little one. It would be a book that we would read nightly.