Cover Image: Is a Worry Worrying You?

Is a Worry Worrying You?

A sweet, encompassing look at all the different kinds of worries we carry. This story not only explains all the different forms worry can take but also has suggestions for ways to fix them, ignore them, or face them. It does this by giving creatively bizarre examples of things that are "certainly a worry!"
   I highly recommend this to young children who are dealing with anxieties or fears, and maybe even to frazzled moms who need a fun reminder to shut the door on things we can't control.
Everybody has worries sometimes, but they're not very helpful (and they never clean up a mess, in case you wondered).

If you have worries that hang around, this practical book with effective illustrations, explains what a worry is (how to recognize one), and provides examples of worry types and worry solutions.

Sometimes you find yourself facing a worry, and you freeze.  That's understandable!  But you could save yourself time and pain by pulling out this book, flipping to the appropriate page, and making that worry disappear!

I don't have many elephants over for tea, or monsters under my bed, or birds nesting in my hair, but I did have trouble sleeping a few nights ago, and this book would have been helpful then!

This book was written for children (4-7 years), but the situations and solutions are ageless.  It would be a nice gift, or a reminder for yourself.  And the illustrations are fun to examine and laugh about.  (Plus, it's all good psychological advice.)

5/5  Stars, and no worries!

Thanks to Tanglewood and NetGalley for the free ebook pdf; the review is voluntary.

#IsaWorryWorryingYou  #ChildrensFiction
#TanglewoodChildrensFiction  #NetGalley
#ChildrensSelfHelpBooks  #ChildrensGeneralSocialScienceBooks
#ChildrensSelfEsteemBooks
We read this with our pre-school class and a few definitely were a little frightened by the Worry in the book because of the illustration. But, overall, it was a really great teaching mechanism for anxiety (which we all have these days).
Worry, it's just a word that has a big impact in your life only if you let it.

This book shows that worrying is normal, but it doesn't have to control your life you can ease it by doing something that can solve your problem it's just your way of thinking about the situation at hand. The author says that you can acknowledge it, but you can also get rid of it at anytime you want; it just takes an effort.
This book gave me big Tim Burton vibes! I loved the darkness of the illustrations. The theme of not letting your worries get to you was really great, and any child experiencing worries should read this book!
I wish there had been books like this when I was a child! It explains how worries work and what can be done to cope with them in a kid-friendly story filled with humor. Conversations can be started about anxiety using this book. Highly recommended!
Thank you to the publisher and NetGalley for this ARC in exchange for an honest review!

Is a Worry Worrying You? by Ferida Wolff and Harriet May Savitz is a humorous children's book about dealing with worrying.  The story revolves around a young girl who is dealing with "worry," personified as a blue monster that tries to give her irrational worries.  According to the description, "Adults think of childhood as a carefree time, but the truth is that children worry, and worry a lot, especially in our highly pressurized era."

Overall, Is a Worry Worrying You? is a children's book that will teach children about how ridiculous some worries are and how to deal with them.  One highlight of this book is the story, which will help some children realize that their worries are nothing to worry about after all.  I took off 2 stars, because the artwork just wasn't appealing to me.  It reminded me of the gothic art style in some children's books, like Edward Gorey's. If you're intrigued by the description, you can check out this book, which is available now!
I love this book!

As a worrier, I approve this book for all children so they learn early about anxiety and the ways to face it and deal with it.

I loved this look at such a real and important topic with humor, by twisting the thoughts slightly the worries are easily dealt with and I loved that perspective and need to remember that myself.

I definitely recommend this to any child who finds themselves wondering about what ifs, this may help turn the thoughts into positives.

Thank you to the publisher and Netgalley for the advanced copy in exchange for an honest review!
Definitely one for older children, as the narrative features many lines per page and slightly higher cognitive ideas.  However, this can be a wonderful read for grown-ups and their littles to read together.  This book gives examples and accessible imagery for children to use as tools in articulating their feelings.  A good resource for grown-ups to have around when their little ones need some assurance.
*I received this book for free through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review*

Imaginative but creepy.

The pictures remind me of Tim Burton's style, which I enjoy. But your child might find them a little scary. If your child is prone to worrying then I wouldn't recommend this. The unlikely scenarios might cause them to be hyperaware and begin to worry about every little thing.

The book does teach kids to be problem-solvers. But it is also too long-winded for the age group. There are probably more practical books (with real-life examples) out there on the topic of worrying.
Many times adults think that children have nothing to worry about when actually, many times they often do, In fact, there's a lot of times, and many children, who can't or won't let any grown-ups know about their worries. Maybe they're too afraid, or simply think they'll be told they're being silly. Whatever the case may be, whether they tell someone or not, this book can be a great tool in helping them out. It lets them know what a worry is and gives them lots of examples of how they can get rid of them. It also validates their feelings, letting the child know that there's always an adult, be it a parent, teacher, or even their best friends mama who will want to listen to and help them with troubles. I'm giving Is a Worry Worrying You? a 4-star review.

Thank you to Netgalley and Tanglewood Children's Fiction for this Arc.
The review and opinions are solely my own.
I have an anxious child. Reading this book with her was a very nice way to address it. I had anxiety as a kid, too, but we didnt call it that. "A worry will stay as long as you it". Such a true statement.

I will purchase this book from Amazon. Thank you!
I like the idea of this book: to introduce the concept of worries and anxiety as a starting point for children and their caregivers to have deeper conversations on the topic. The book is written in a fun/silly manner with examples of worries that span the range from relatable to obviously ridiculous. However, I found the illustrations to be a little bit on the eerie side. I liked them fine but I would worry that many kids might scary.
This was a really cute book and has some great examples of what a worry is, which can be really hard to explain and for kids to understand.
Children have worries but might not understand what that is and why a worry can effect the way they feel. This book does a wonderful job defining the word and the feelings that accompany it. It does it with humor, nonsensical worries and absolutely wonderful pictures. I shared this book with my 5 year old who may have been a little young to fully understand the message but looked at the pictures for a long time. Thank you to the publisher and NetGalley for the ARC in exchange for an honest review.
I really loved this picture book. The illustration style has a gritty Tim Burtonesque quality I really like. The story itself helps explain anxiety in a humorous way that is appealing to children.

5 stars
I liked this book. I think it’s a great way to introduce the concept and start the conversation with younger kids regarding worries and anxieties.

The pictures weren’t personally my style but that’s just me. Also as an adult I would acknowledge that the conversation is much deeper but as an introduction for a little kids this seems like a great starting point.

Thanks to NetGalley for the ebook text.
This was a well done story.

The illustrations are a wonderful and stylistic addition to the story that I greatly enjoyed.

The different scenarios that were presented as possible worries were creative and useful. I had a great time!
This is a delightful tale about dealing with worries and fears. An empowering story for young readers, it delves into the challenges we face when we are afraid and how we can conquer them, with a little help. The book talks about what a worry is, how it feels to be worried. It gives examples of what might make someone feel worried and ways to get rid of those worries.

This tale is a treat for adults to share with children. Fears and anxieties can cause emotional distress in little minds, but learning to manage their worries can help them to feel strong and confident even in the face of something scary, like haircuts or the first day of school. Mental health is such a critical part of childhood that often gets overlooked and this is a wonderful way to help children tackle some of the things that can negatively effect their mental health. This would be an amazing addition for classroom libraries, counselling offices and more.

The cartoon-style illustrations were done in muted tones giving it a Tim Burton vibe. They had a bit of a dark and slightly creepy feel at some parts that made it a little more fun, but also a visual way to see what worry can feel like. This story was both entertaining and educational, which can be a tricky balance to maintain in a children’s book, and I will be suggesting it to teachers whenever possible.

Incorporating social and emotional education into children's picture books is a tried and true way to teach an important life skill in a way that is fun. Everyone has worries, even adults. A valuable lesson for everyone to learn and remember. I absolutely recommend sharing this book with all the children in your life.
One of my favorite older releases is “Is a Worry Worrying You?” by Ferida Wolff and Harriet May Savitz. This picture book introduces the concept of worry and then presents multiple silly examples of things that might be worrying someone.  With each unbelievable situation, a possible coping strategy is provided.  I love to pause in between the presentation of the scenario and the written solution to allow time for the client to brainstorm ways to manage the worry. I’ve found that even my most resistant clients will typically engage in problem solving for others because it is less personal and threatening.  Additionally, by adding in the goofy situations, like having too many elephants show up for tea and being out of tea, is fun, engaging, and memorable.  As the client and I proceed into cognitive reframing and coping with their actual worries, I like to circle back to the examples in the book by saying something along the lines of “I think you can find a coping tool for this worry! After all, you were able to manage that wild elephant tea party!?”