The Travelers

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 30 Jun 2017

After reading a few chapters, I decided this book held no interest for me at this time nor was it a good fit for my blog.  I elected not to finish the book now, but it may well be a case of "the wrong book at the wrong time" syndrome and I might be willing to try it again in the future.  Thank you to Crown Publishing and NetGalley for giving me the opportunity to sample this title.
I found this novel to be well written. The Idea of a travel magazine being a front for espionage work is not new to the world of thriller novels but Mr. Pavone manages to add a new twist to the idea. I found it very interesting how the author laid out the recruitment of the main character, Will Rhodes, and his pathway to undercover work. One thing I found it hard to do was to feel sympathetic for the main character, Will, as the story progressed. I found myself not liking him very much and thought he wined too much about his predicament. For me the supplemental characters is what made the story.
This was another fantastic read from Chris Pavone! It was thrilling and shocking. As with The Expats this novel was very character driven. Will Rhodes was extremely likable, even when he was making absolutely terrible decisions. I enjoyed the intrigue it was both familiar and surprising with its twists. Along with Will, you have no idea who to trust.

Definitely a favorite. I will be keeping on eye out for Mr. Pavones next novel!
The Travelers had a clever concept in a travel writer becoming a pseudo-spy. However, this novel seemed to lack in execution. The story had a lot of twists and turns without feeling like it lead anywhere. I lost interest in the characters and plotlines. But the book did have some intriguing moments and was not a bad read. It just was not a favorite for me.
Sorry, I tried a few different times on this one but I just couldn't stay interested. I only made it about 25% of the way in and had to give up.
I'm no longer interested in reading this book at this time.  Thank you for the opportunity!
The Travelers is a fun but ultimately hollow read full of retreads. Nothing surprising here, but fun to read on vacation.
This was a twisty, pulse-pounding thriller with believably flawed characters and a clever plot.  One of the best thrillers I've read lately.  My only regret: That Alfred Hitchcock isn't still alive to make a movie of it!