Never Let You Go

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 23 Jan 2018

Chevy Stevens has a talent for creating gripping plot lines and books that practically demand to be read in one sitting –and NEVER LET YOU GO is no exception. I took my time with this amazing and mind blowing story as I wanted to make it last.  Stevens reels in her readers with quite a hook. I am kicking myself for taking so long to finally pick this perfect book up!

Chevy Stevens starts by putting the reader on a crazy roller coaster ride of emotions.  The fun and exciting days of Andrew and Lindsey falling in love and starting a family, and then the heartbreak when things ultimately fall apart and the gut-wrenching devastation and fear following the final betrayal of trust. What’s it going to take for Lindsey to get Andrew out of her life?  At first I was thinking what is he going to do to her now and then I changed my mind.  Now I’m thinking, who the heck  is stalking her?? My thoughts took a complete 180 degree turn!

Told from both Lindsey and her daughters’ POV.  NEVER LET YOU GO flows smoothly between present and past. I was quickly caught up in the story-line and found it difficult to put down. This book just flew by!  We see Sophie struggling with her guilt towards her mother as she gets to know her father, and the intense emotions she experiences as the story progresses which are easily mirrored in children from a similar domestic background.  Love for her father cannot be completely undone by her mother’s bias.  NEVER LET YOU GO was such a thrilling ride for me!

NEVER LET YOU GO is a real page-turner. I couldn’t put it down until I knew what had happened. Fans of psychological mysteries will enjoy this one. THAT NIGHT is so well written, that even though it jumps back and forth between the present and the past, it is still easy to follow. Toni’s life both in and out of prison is interesting, and I was pulling for her to get to live a normal life after having lost so much and been through so many struggles. NEVER LET YOU GO is a suspenseful tale that will keep you on the edge of your seat until the final pages. I highly recommend NEVER LET YOU GO!
Chevy Stevens’s “Never Let You go was one of the most thrilling reads I’ve picked up in a long time. It tells the story of a mother/daughter entangled in the aftermath of an abusive relationship that took place over several years and ignites a mystery that follows them into the present day. The mother, Lindsey Nash, endured years of abuse at the hands of her ex-husband to the point where she lived in fear for her own life as well as that of her daughter, Sophie. They manage to escape, with Lindsey’s husband spending years in jail in the aftermath of a horrible tragedy. Yet when he serves his sentence and gets out of prison, Lindsey realizes that the horror she once knew starts back up again, and a twisted web of vengeance ensues that has Lindsey questioning her relationships and igniting her aim to go on the run again. This doesn’t bode well with Sophie, who believes her father’s changed and is tired of running away from incidents that happened years before. Yet she realizes that she may be in danger as well as the mysterious incidents start ramping up, and she notes she may be a pawn in it all.

This book is heartbreakingly real and terrifying in points, particularly when it centers on Lindsey’s survival of abuse and her desperate attempts at escaping her husband’s twisted sense of control over her. Yet this book kept me guessing for the overarching mystery, even when there were moments when I thought I had it figured out, and it was satisfying to see the story march to its respective conclusion. As per Stevens’s other novels, the writing is strong, evocative, and does well even between the perspective changes and shifts from past to present. It never felt out of place or overwhelming to me. Overall, I enjoyed this novel very much and am glad to have it as a part of my library. I definitely look forward to reading more of Stevens’s work in the future.

Overall score: 4/5 stars.

Note: I received this as an ARC from NetGalley from the publisher St. Martin’s Press.
I've loved Chevy Stevens for ages, and Never Let You Go does not disappoint.  I loved every second of this book and could have happily stayed up late reading if I didn't have to be a responsible adult.
Never Let You Go by Chevy Stevens is a brooding tense thriller that will have you looking over your shoulders for that bump that goes in the night. That extra shadow that moves on its own. It is a novel of fear and betrayal and the dangers of starting over.

"...That's how it started. I got that assignment and I couldn't stop thinking about how much I wanted to tell my dad how he ruined our lives..."

Eleven years have passed since Lindsey Nash escaped in the dead of night with her young daughter. Her abusive ex-husband Andrew was sent to jail and Lindsey had the opportunity to a new life all over again. She has her own business and is raising her teenage daughter Sophie on her own. She has warned Sophie about her father but tried to keep the worst from her. Trusting that Sophie would always talk to her about anything. But Sophie has thoughts and ideas of her own.

Now, Lindsey is older and wiser, with her own business and a teenage daughter who needs her more than ever. When Andrew is finally released from prison, Lindsey believes she has cut all ties and left the past behind her. But she gets the sense that someone is watching her, tracking her every move. Her new boyfriend is threatened. Her home is invaded, and her daughter is shadowed. Lindsey is convinced it's her ex-husband, even though he claims he's a different person. But has he really changed? Is the one who wants her dead closer to home than she thought?

Never Let You Go is a good novel but suffers from the glut of these same plots and premises that have filled the marketplace. Woman flees abusive relationship, husband is imprisoned, but released and now comes after her. So unless the reader makes it through much of the novel, they will not make it to the twist that separates this story from all the others. The twist that Chevy Stevens is one of the better writers around at bringing about.

Never Let You Go is very much a thriller in the true sense of the tale. It is a mystery that shows you the antagonist from the onset, but because it does, it does leave you to wonder if that is the true antagonist or is there someone else. Someone who has a deeper hatred and anger toward Lindsey. Here is where Stevens steps into her own and reminds readers why they buy and read her novels in droves.

Never Let You Go is a very good read!
3.5☆ I received a copy of this book from the publisher via net galley on my kindle in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.

I really enjoyed this book. Really I did. I have a few issues with it (one very big one) but while I was reading, it was keeping me interested and I really wanted to know what was going to happen next. I, however, was NOT a fan of the twist. But maybe that's cause I'm salty and I really didn't like Andrew. Anyway.. I thought the characters were very well written. And as always Chevy Stevens conveyed emotion so well throughout this book! Over all I don't think my issues withbthe book are bad enough to not like it. I did bump off a star and A half for a twist that fell flat for me. But as always Chevy Stevens did an amazing job!!
This is the first book I read by Chevy Stevens and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
The story was compelling, suspenseful, and had me enraptured. I couldn't put it down! I also love when I can't figure out the ending- or get it wrong. I was definitely wrong here.

I will definitely look for more titles by this author in the future.
A suspenseful and dark read which will keep you at the edge of your seat. Get your coffee ready and settle in, because this book will grab you from the beginning and not let you go until the end.
I apparently forgot to come back and review this but I noted it as being 3 1/2 Stars.  I don't remember a whole lot about it to be honest but 3 1/2 stars tells me that I liked it.
I had previously read and enjoyed a book by this author a few years ago, so I was looking forward to reading this one. It had been on my kindle for what seemed like forever, so I thought it time I read it.

I'm so glad that I did, I enjoyed it, turned out to be a good read.
This author certainly knows how to rack up the tension and keep you guessing which she does to great effect in this book. We don't know what is happening for most of the book and nor does Lindsey who is trying to rebuild her life after an abusive relationship. As she tries to live a normal life things start happening that frighten her but you have no idea what is going to happen next. This is excellent writing and makes the book very enjoyable to read - what does happen wasn't completely predictable either.

I did have a few problems with Lindsey's character - I thought that she trusted men a little too easily at the start of the book considering what had happened to her. Obviously everyone's experience and reaction will be different but I think it didn't completely make sense in the context of the book. Once over that, however, I was fully immersed.

Many psychological thrillers at present fixate on the twists in the plot and as a result I find their character development and general writing tends to suffer. That is not the case here. This is an excellent, well written and absorbing suspense novel
11 Years ago Lindsey fled her abusive husband with their daughter in tow. Her ex husabdn was sent to jail and they moved on with their lives.
Now Lindsey is older and has her own business and raising her teenage daughter. Then her ex, Andrew is released from jail and things start happening. Her new boyfriend is threatened, her home is broken into, and her dog is poisoned. Andrew keeps saying he is a changed person. Is he really the one who is causing all the problems.
I really liked Lindsey and her daughter and getting to know the other characters in this book. I kind of had it figured out what was going on but not the why. Very well written book. Had me wanting to keep reading and not put it down.

Lindsey Nash has left an abusive relationship and her ex-husband was sent to jail. She has started over with a new life, her own business, and a teenage daughter who needs her more than ever. When her husband is finally released, Lindsey believes she has cut all ties. There is no way he can ever find her and her daughter again. But she gets the sense that someone is watching her, tracking her every move. Her new boyfriend is threatened. Her home is invaded. Even her daughter is shadowed. Lindsey is convinced it's her ex-husband, even though he claims he is a different person and doesn't want to do her any harm. But can he really change? Is the one who wants her dead even closer to home than she thought?

This was a decent enough domestic thriller that focuses on Lindsay and her teenage daughter, Sophie. After getting out of an abusive relationship, Lindsay meets a new guy...but feels like she is being watched. Her boyfriend gets threatened. Her house gets broken into...

Pretty much standard fare as far as storyline goes. Nothing too original in the "twists" along the way. If I was writing this review solely on the plot alone, it would have been a 2-star...

...if it were not for Lindsay and Sophie. Such a likeable pair of characters, I was able to connect with them from the very beginning. Every step of the way I was concerned for them, I rode every "bump in the night" with them, I was caught up in their story completely. Takes a lot of skill as a writer to create one character like that, let alone two!

So, definitely a story where the characters are the central attraction to the story, as opposed to the plot.

Paul
ARH
Really enjoyed reading this book. Would highly recommend
Thanks to Netgalley for the ARC in return for an honest review.
Entertaining story, a little bit predictable.  Very sad.
I really enjoyed the different perspectives given in this book from Lindsay and Sophie, as well as the way it hopped around time-wise in Part 1. I was disappointed Marcus ended up being the "bad guy," and surprised it wasn't Jared. All-in-all this was a typical Chevy Stevens story, which is a good thing by me!
I have been a Chevy Stevens fan for awhile now. I enjoy her writing so much and was so excited when I got approved for this book on Netgalley. Thank you!

Lindsay is married to Andrew and they have a daughter named Sophie together. The marriage is not your typical marriage because Lindsay has to be careful not to set Andrew off. The slightest thing such a brushing against a server at a restaurant could set him off. Lindsay can see in Sophie's eyes that she is scared of her father as well. Lindsay knows that it is time to do something, but she has to wait for her chance.

When Lindsay and Sophie get away, Andrew ends up getting himself thrown in jail. Lindsay has nothing to worry about until it is time for him to get out, right? Will Andrew learn his lesson while he is in there?

Lindsay moves away and starts her own business that helps women that have been in the same situation she was in with Andrew get jobs. I so admired Lindsay for what she was doing and how strong she was for herself and Sophie. I felt the bond between them and loved their character development.

When strange things start happening after Andrew gets out of jail, Lindsay begins to wonder if it is him, or has he really changed like he said he had? Lindsay feels like she is violated in her home, Sophie feels like she is being shadowed, LIndsay feels like someone is watching her as well, but who could be doing this?

I always think I have Chevy Stevens stories all figured out and then she throws something in there to mess up my whole theory, but that is why I love her books. You can guess about who the bad guy is and you are most likely wrong. I can't wait for more from Chevy Stevens! I highly recommend this book for a great read that will keep you guessing!!
I you are looking for a twisted thriller this isn't the one.

Over all it was a good story. It did have me guessing which of the four suspects could be causing all the mischief..
You have the ex husband: history of abuse, just out of jail
You have the new boyfriend: Kind of odd, very vanilla. I was waiting for him to snap or something.
You have Sophie's (the daughter) boyfriend: certainly clingy, creepy, entirely capable of stalker activities
Then you have the friend: Seems to be jealous of the boyfriend, sneaks his way into different situations, kinda creepy.
I added and removed a few other suspects along the way. We can just say that I was not right. Wouldn't be the first time I was mislead.

The Audio:
The narrator for Sophie drove me entirely up the wall. She had a very odd cadence to her speech pattern, pausing and changing her voice at odd times. It definitely affected how I felt about the story.

Overall a good read. The 'thriller' was just missing, I would simply call it a mystery.
This was my first experience reading Chevy Stevens' work, but it definitely most be my last. Never Let You Go is a gripping thriller told from the points of view of a mother and her 17-year-old daughter. Lindsay was terrorized by her obsessive, controlling and violent husband who has spent the past decade in prison. Upon his release, Lindsay fears that he will resurface and attempt to reestablish a relationship with their daughter whom she has warned about her father's past behavior. Lindsay has joined a support group, studied self-defense, and founded her own business, but never feels safe or completely able to trust. When it seems that her worst fears are becoming reality, she believes that she can rely upon the support system she has built for herself and her daughter, but are those relationships sound? The book moves at a steady pace toward a terrifying and exciting climax, keeping readers guessing whether their theories are accurate until the very last scene plays out.
Chevy Stevens did it again! I am a huge Chevy Stevens fan after reading Still Missing about a year ago.

It is the same type of book and story you'd expect, it sucks you in immediately and becomes hard to put down. Plot is somewhat the same as her other stories and kind of reminded me of the Jennifer Lopez movie Enough .

With that said it is not the same type of ending as the JLO movie lol. It has some very suspenseful moments that add to the depth of the characters and it avidly has your mind thinking of possible outcomes.

I was NOT expecting the ending at all! Which is a real good thing in a thriller/ suspense book.

4.8 stars out of 5 for Never Let You Go

I received a copy of this book via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review!
When I started this book,  I was looking for something that will be riveting, something that will keep me hooked and give me sleepless nights. My favourite Blogger had wonderful things to say about this book leaving me all the more curious.
Lindsey marries Andrew and Sophie is their baby born soon after. Andrew is well to do, hardworking and loves his daughter and cares for his in laws. He also seems to be the ideal husband, but he is far from that.
When things get beyond control, Lindsey elopes with her little girl. Now staying in a different place, working hard and being there for each other, this makes up their life. Sophie is now 18, and Andrew is released from the prison after having served the term for a crime he committed.
Having a wonderful friend, a  trainer and friend-Marcus by her side and  a sweet boyfriend -life is perfect for Lindsey, but she is always worried that her past will come back for her.
So when Andrew comes back-her life is a mess once again. Someone seems to be stalking her and Sophie. Someone is out to hurt everyone she loves. Lindsey is torn- her life seems to be that of a refugee.
While the book had me glued from the start- the story keeps getting better. The characters are well developed and each person makes a significant impact on the plot.While the mystery bit was good too, the stalking, the creepy acts kept the book going for me.
Was it Andrew, was it someone else? This was such an open ended question that pretty much everyone was a suspect at different points.
I guess that is what i enjoyed- it left me questioning. I was shooting arrows in the dark and it somehow hit the mark! But i was still uncertain how the book would end.
The ending was just as gratifying, making the book a wholesome read!
This could just be one of my best reads of 2018!