Craving

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 14 Feb 2019

I voluntarily reviewed an Advanced Reader Copy of this book which I received
through Netgalley. This was a great read! I really like Helen Hardt's writing. Can't wait to read the rest of the Steel Brothers saga
Craving is about Jade and Talon’s dark romance. Jade is left at the alter and goes to her friends ranch to try and find herself and heal . Talon is Hot Alpha cowboy that has not had the ideal childhood and past. They have some off the chart chemistry but cam anything real come from this attraction? It does end in a cliffhanger. I am voluntarily leaving my honest review after reading this arc.
I wish I read this earlier!! Let me just say if you are a fan of Fifty Shades this series is one to pick up!
This was an intriguing story with interesting characters and lots of secrets. I had a love-hate relationship with Talon and Jade. I wanted to like them but their push and pull could be harsh and off-putting which made me not like them at times. This was much darker than I thought it was going to be so I had a hard time fully engaging. Some of those dark things were way to descriptive for me. I won't be continuing on. Ultimately this one was not for me.
Being not a fan of trilogies, I knew this one was going in and prepared myself for reading multiple books until the end of the story. Book one told us the story of Jade, being left at the altar. Humiliated, she leaves for a being beginning in Colorado at her best friend’s ranch. There she meets Talon Steel, Meredith’s older brother. Instantly they are attached to each other, but Talon seems to withdraw from her. Tortured by his past, she finds there are many secrets in this family, some she learns and others are hidden away deep inside Talon.
A great beginning to the Steel Brothers saga.
Toss up between disliking the predictable story and liking the passionate bits. And it is a cliffhanger ending! Not sure how I feel about this novel.
Intriguing storyline – Jade is brokenhearted after she left at the altar.  She went to her best-friend’s ranch seek solace and heal her heart.  The last thing she expected was falling for a gorgeous cowboy.  Talon suffered a horrific childhood trauma that he still haunts him to this day.  Talon is hardly living plague by a ghost of his past.  That is until he met Jade who turned his life upside down.  The two shares a passionate romance but what happen when long-buried secrets threatened to tear them apart?
Passionate, emotional charged, intense love story full of secrets, twists, and suspense which ended in a cliffhanger.  So many unanswered questions still.  Phenomenal writing and captivating story.  We need the conclusion ASAP.
We meet Jade when she is left at the altar making her question whether she was truly in love or not with the groom.  She goes to the ranch to visit her friend and is picked up by the brother she never met.  There is instant chemistry between Jade and Talon.  But, there are secrets that are lurking around the corner that threaten to keep them apart.  Talon has gone through tough times and not just from being in the military.  All of his family members mention something traumatic happening during their childhood.

It is the first book in the series so be prepared.  There is a cliffhanger.  Helen brings romance and want between these two characters to life as they discover each other.  There are times when it is frustrating when they pull away and toward each other while dealing with their own issues.  Eventually, they have to figure out if they can resolve what they are going through individually to be able to be together.

I look forward to the next story by Helen Hardt.  I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book.  All thoughts and opinions are my own.  I would like to thank NetGalley and Waterhouse Press for this privilege.
This book wasn't great for me.
Repetitive, cliched, weak plot, 1D characters.
I've struggled to review because I couldn't find a redeeming quality if I'm brutally honest.
Predictable storyline, flat characters but very steamy! If you're looking for a fun quick dirty read this may be for you.
Two broken individuals come together to heal. Talon & Jade have both suffered traumas.
Passionate story of healing and overcoming. I love these Steel brothers.
Craving
Steel Brothers #1
Helen Hardt
5⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Excellent story!! Loved this one from the beginning to the end. And of course it left me craving for more. Can’t wait to read the next book in this series.
This author did an amazing job writing this story. It has so much love and angst and all the other feelings all wrapped up in one story.
Thanks NetGalley for the arc in exchange for my honest review.
Such a great start to series. I am hooked! Can’t wait to read the next!
What a way to start a series that’ll whet your reading appetite for each subsequent story. Normally I don’t like cliff hangers, but having been totally immersed in Talon and Jade’s story, the tease for the next book was perfect. Rather than calling it a cliff hanger I’d rather think of it as a draw for the next story.

The intimacy between Talon and Jade was vivid and erotic...you could practically hear their heartbeats, the writing was that superb. The flow from beginning to end is fast paced and laced with the perfect imagery to keep the pages turning.

This ARC book was complimentary, provided by the Publisher and NetGalley. I am voluntarily providing my honest review.
Helen did an anazing job with cowboys and steany romance. I coyldnt put the book down.
Not a fan of this one. There was absolutely no build up. No character development. The first chapter she sees this smoking hot guy and two pages later he is saying he is into her. I think this author needs to take some lessons from Audrey Carlan on how to build up a romance novel. It was very tell not show. I didn't feel a connect with the characters at all. I rolled more eyes more often than not. Thankfully it was a short read so I did finish it. I just kept waiting for it to turn around and sadly it did not.
This was one steamy read! I thought this was a well fleshed out book with interesting and likeable characters, a fast and steady Storyline. Was very enjoyable and read it in one sitting.
'Craving' by Helen Hardt is book One in the "Steel Brothers" Saga.  This is the story of Talon and Jade.
Talon and Jade both have walls that they have built up; they have both been hurt in life and that has led to the walls they have built so they don’t fall in love and do not love. Thing is, they are not prepared for each other.
Jade has just been left at the alter and decided to move in with her best friend on the Steel ranch named Marj. She heads there and is supposed to be picked up at the airport by her BFF but Marj couldn’t come get her so she sent her brother Talon. Talon has served in the military and saw things that no man should see. He suffers from , I think, some form of PTSD and also something from his childhood, a trauma there. He doesn’t know how to show any emotions and he is a dominant. He prefers to be called Master in the bedroom and he is a pure alpha male. Something about Jade seems to give some respite to Talon. He suffers daily yet in Jade’s presence, he gets some peace but he fights it. His walls are A LOT higher – he seems to be alot more emotionally locked up than Jade. The sexual chemistry is thru the roof. I didn’t know  where things would go between them…the story ends on a cliffhanger so I look forward to book 2 to find out.
My Rating:  4.7 stars *****
“I received an advanced copy of this book from the author at no cost to me."
I enjoyed this book. It was definitely hot.
Talon........wowza!
If you feel the need for trigger warnings before reading this book, then it may not be for you.